ROAST BEEF CARIBBEAN STYLE
This recipe took first place in the 2011 South Dakota Beef Cook-Off. Cooking the roast uncovered for the first 30 minutes gives it a crusty exterior similar to barbecued brisket, and the flavorful sauce adds just a hint of heat. -Susan Patrick Watertown, SD
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 300°. For sauce, mix first 13 ingredients., Cut 8 small slits in roast; fill with garlic halves. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, seasoned salt and pepper; rub onto roast., In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium heat; brown roast on all sides. Spoon 3 tablespoons sauce over roast, spreading evenly. Add 1 cup sauce to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes., Reduce oven setting to 250°. Top roast with an additional 3 tablespoons sauce. Cover pan; bake until beef is tender, 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes., If desired, remove garlic halves before slicing. Serve roast with remaining sauce and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 32g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 1078mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
CARIBBEAN-SPICED POT ROAST
- 1. Wash roast and pat dry with paper towel. Place in flat pan and let stand to room temperature.
- 2. Use a mortar and pestle to coarsely crush alspice seeds. Set aside. (diy mortar and pestle: coffee cup and thin glass bottle such as a hot sauce bottle.)
- 3. USE DISPOSABLE PLASTIC GLOVES WHEN HANDLING PEPPER! Cut pepper in half. Cut out fibers and seeds inside. Cut pepper into thin strips,stack and cut into tiny pieces. Set aside. CAUTION: THE OIL THAT COMES FROM THE PEPPER DURING DICING IS VERY HOT. WASH KNIFE AND CUTTING SURFACE IMMEDIATELY AND TOSS GLOVES IN GARBAGE.
- 4. Combine crushed alspice pods, scotch bonnet, onions, garlic and mushroom soy in small bowl. You will use this to season the roast.
- 5. Make small 1 1/2 - inch (wide and deep) slits in the roast. Fill the slits with the herb seasoning mixture. Reserve extra seasoning mixture.
- 6. Heat 2 T. oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place roast in oil and brown in pot, all over, several minutes on each side. Tip: Don't move the roast while a side is browning, or it won't brown well.
- 7. When roast is browned, pour the remainder of the sauce over the roast plus 1 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cover.
- 8. Place in 300 degrees F oven for 15 minutes, then drop to 225 degrees F. Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or longer, until meat is tender.
EASY JAMAICAN POT ROAST
My friend Clint gave me this recipe, I've changed it slightly, This pot roast is wonderful served with Rice & Peas, roasted potatoes and the spicy gravy it cooks in. Put it on the stove and sit back and relax. For a hot n' spicy roast add 1 pepper, for a spicier roast add 2 peppers and for the (on fire) spiciest roast and gravy add 3 peppers but Please beware ... THESE ARE HOT!...I kid you not. Scotch bonnet peppers are also known as habaneros.
Provided by Baby Kato
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put oil into dutch oven or cast iron pot and heat on high until hot and smoking.
- Add roast beef and sear on all sides, till well browned.
- Lower heat and season roast with sea salt, paprika and thyme.
- Add garlic, onions, tomatoes and hot peppers together, mix well and add to pot with roast.
- On top of roast and along the sides.
- Cover and cook on top of the stove on low heat for 3-4 hours, baste often with juice in pot until meat is tender and falls apart with fork.
- Thicken spicy gravy and serve over hot rice or roasted potatoes and slices of the pot roast.
SLOW-COOKED CARIBBEAN POT ROAST
This dish is definitely a year-round recipe. Sweet potatoes, orange zest and baking cocoa are my surprise ingredients. -Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Place potatoes, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer meat to slow cooker., In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, seasonings, orange zest and cocoa. Stir in tomato sauce; add to skillet and heat through. Pour over beef., Cover and cook on low until beef and vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 453mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF
A few years ago,I hosted a Jamaican themed party for my niece's birthday. This is one of the dishes I made.It was a big hit. I had a roast beef similar to this when I was in Jamaica ,the cook shared this recipe with me,this comes pretty close to what I had there.
Provided by L D
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Mix the above ingredients together and poke deep holes in the rib roast, 24 hours prior to cooking time. Stuff with mixture and use the remainder to coat the rib roast. Wrap and refrigerate overnight, taking out and leaving to room temperature one half hour before cooking. Roast on a basting pan, covered in foil loosely for an hour a half, taking the top off and basting once or twice before leaving the foil off one half hour before to let the meat brown nicely at the top. Basting helps the natural juices form the au jus which will make itself. You will find that the thinner you slice the roast the more flavor you will get
More about "jamaican roast beef recipes"
JAMAICAN JERKED TRI-TIP WITH COCONUT SCALLION RICE | PURE ...
Reviews 38Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 6
POT ROAST BEEF RECIPE - JAMAICANBIKKLE
10 BEST JAMAICAN JERK BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
JAMAICAN TRADITIONAL POT ROAST BEEF RECIPE - JAMAICAN ...
EASY AUTHENTIC FLAKY JAMAICAN BEEF PATTY RECIPE - GIMME ...
5/5 (60)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Lunch, Side Dish, SnackCalories 160 per serving
- Set stove to medium low setting and add the lean ground beef into sauce pan with 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the meat should be submerged in water completely.
JAMAICAN STUFFED ROAST BEEF RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
JAMAICAN SPICED BEEF BOWL | CARIBBEAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
4.3/5 (32)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner,Lunch,Main CourseCalories 450 per serving
JAMAICAN POT ROAST FROM CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY BY LEVI ROOTS
Cuisine JamaicaCategory Lunch
DIABETIC RECIPES–ROAST BEEF, JAMAICAN STYLE | MEDICAL ...
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF RECIPE - HOME - JAMAICANS.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPE POT ROAST BEEF WITH PAN GRAVY - GRACE FOODS
10 BEST JAMAICAN BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW DO PIZZA SHOPS COOK JAMAICAN BEEF PATTIES - GERRITY ...
OVEN BAG POT ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
JAMAICAN BEEF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
JAMAICAN POT ROAST RECIPE – COOK LIKE A JAMAICAN
JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF RECIPE OVEN | DEPORECIPE.CO
RECIPE: JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF, JAMAICAN MEAT PATTIES ...
JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
HOW TO MAKE REAL JAMAICAN POT ROAST BEEF - BAKE BAG …
JAMAICAN ROAST BEEF RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Jamaican stew beef?Brown the beef on all sides. That is all there is to Jamaican stew beef. Add the chopped vegetables, allspice and thyme; brown the mixture lightly. Stir in beef broth, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
How to cook Jamaican style roast in a slow cooker?Place meat in the cooker. In a bowl combine water, raisins, steak sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar (if desired), tapioca, pepper, Jamaican jerk seasoning, and garlic. Pour mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
How to cook Jamaican jerk roast in oven?In a bowl combine water, raisins, steak sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar (if desired), tapioca, pepper, Jamaican jerk seasoning, and garlic. Pour mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Do they make beef patties in Jamaica?Jamaican Beef Patties Much like the empanada or British Cornish pasty, Jamaica has its own version of a beef filled hand pie. Though many of the ingredients are similar to a Cornish pasty – beef, onion, carrot, etc. – this recipe also adds some curry powder into the mix.