JELLY-TOPPED SUGAR COOKIES
On busy days, I appreciate this fast-to-fix drop sugar cookie. Top each cookie with your favorite flavor of jam or jelly. -June Quinn, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, extracts and lemon zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. , Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. , Place 1/4 teaspoon jelly in the center of each cookie. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 52mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH JAM OR JELLY CENTERS
Do not be fooled by this little recipe. So few ingredients but believe me! It-is-a one right after another pop it in your mouth oh I cannot stop eating these. Before you know it, you will have to make another batch for the rest of your family. I got this from my best friend Robin who got it form her Taste of Home Cookbook.
Provided by LB in Middle Georgia
Yield 24-36 cookies, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in extract
- Gradually blend in flour
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour
- Roll into one-inch balls and place one inch apart on un-greased cookie sheet
- With the end of a wooden spoon make a indention in the ball and fill with jam
- I have used Variety of jams and jellies Raspberry being the best! but Apricot is yummmie too, along with apple, blackberry, blueberry the possibilities are endless.
- Bake at 350 for 14 to 18 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.1, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.8, Cholesterol 40.7, Sodium 139.9, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 17.6, Protein 2.4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Cream the butter with the white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture and combine.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Make an indentation in each cookie and fill with jam. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224 calories, Carbohydrate 30.2 g, Cholesterol 37.4 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 107.1 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
JELLY SANDWICH COOKIES
To create the stained glass effect of these cookies, I sandwich jelly between two layers of basic dough. Your favorite raisin filling is excellent here, too. —Gloria McBride, Payson, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 2
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the center of half of the cookies., Place whole cookies 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Spread with 1 teaspoon jelly or jam; top with cutout cookies. Pinch edges with a fork to seal. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 77mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
JELL-O™ SUGAR COOKIES
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix, softened butter and egg with spoon or electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Separate dough into 4 small bowls.
- Add a half packet of each color gelatin per bowl; knead dough to work color in until well combined. Roll each bowl of dough into 5 small balls of dough each.
- Pour remaining gelatin onto 4 small plates; roll each ball of dough in its corresponding color. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly golden on edges. Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
JAM FILLED BUTTER COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your finger or an instrument of similar size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of preserves.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 21.5 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 29.2 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
More about "jelly centered sugar cookies recipes"
JELLY-CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category DessertAuthor J-LynnCalories 139 per serving
JELLY CENTERED COOKIES - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
SUGAR COOKIES WITH JAM RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
JAM CENTER COOKIES BEST RECIPES
JAM CENTER COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH JELLY CENTER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
JELLY CENTER BUTTER COOKIES | BUTTER COOKIES, COOKIE RECIPE …
10 BEST JAM FILLED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
JELLYBEAN SUGAR COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
JELLY CENTER COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIES WITH A JELLY CENTER - YOUTUBE
JELLY-CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPES 4 ALL DAYS
JELLY FILLED COOKIES BUTTER - THERESCIPES.INFO
JELLY ROLL COOKIE RECIPE - ANGRY BAKER
JELLY BEAN SUGAR COOKIES | MOMSWHOSAVE.COM
JAM-FILLED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
JELLY TOPPED COOKIES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RAISIN JELLY FILLED SUGAR COOKIES - HALEYSHUNGRYHABITS.COM
SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH JAM CENTER RECIPES
SUGAR COOKIES WITH JAM CENTER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
JELLY SUGAR COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THUMBPRINT …
JELLY-CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES ARE A SNAP TO MAKE!
JELLY-CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
JELLY CENTERED COOKIES - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
JELLO SUGAR COOKIES - KELLY LYNN'S SWEETS AND TREATS
JELLO SUGAR COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
JAM SANDWICH COOKIES WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTO TUTORIAL
JELLY FILLED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SUGAR FREE JAM FILLED COOKIES - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA
BEST SUGAR COOKIES EVER. THE JENNY COOKIES RECIPE
JAM-FILLED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOFT AND CHEWY JAM & SUGAR COOKIES - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
JELLY CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
4-INGREDIENT SUGAR-FREE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY COOKIES
JELLY-CENTERED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN | SUGAR …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #rolled-cookies #desserts #finger-food #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #gifts #inexpensive #taste-mood #sweet #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make jelly cookies with baking powder?Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Place 1/4 teaspoon jelly in the center of each cookie.
How do you make simple sugar cookies with Jell O?Simple sugar cookies get a burst of color and a burst of flavor thanks to Jell-O™! Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, beat cookie mix, softened butter and egg with spoon or electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Separate dough into 4 small bowls.
How much Jelly do you put in cookies?Directions In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Place 1/4 teaspoon jelly in the center of each cookie.
Do sugar cookies need jelly or jam?“Sugar cookies are pretty good by themselves, but the jelly or jam in this recipe really kicks them up to the next level. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.”