LAZY DAISY CAKE
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Combine the milk, 1 tablespoon butter, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then remove from the heat and set aside. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly pour in the white sugar while beating on high speed. Stir in the flour mixture until a few large lumps of flour remain, then pour in the warm milk mixture, and continue stirring until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, coconut, and cream together in a bowl until evenly mixed. Spread over the cooled cake to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.6 calories, Carbohydrate 60 g, Cholesterol 83.7 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 385.3 mg, Sugar 45.8 g
LAZY DAY CAKE
I just found this recipe in a Quick Cooking cookbook. It was sent in by Lillian Marcotte. Looks delicious!
Provided by Kzim4
Yield 1 8inch squre cake, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan, Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine all topping ingredients.
- Spread over warm cake.
- Broil 3-5 inches from heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.8, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 51.3, Sodium 239.4, Carbohydrate 50.1, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 32.2, Protein 4.2
LAZY DAZY CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 4 minutes with electric mixer on high. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture.
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, coconut, 6 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons milk. Heat and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Put cake in the oven under the broiler and bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until icing is light brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.7 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 42.2 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 96.3 mg, Sugar 27.4 g
LAZY DAY CAKE
"The rich frosting really makes this delicious cake," writes Lillian Marcotte of Woodstock, Vermont. "I frequently rely on this recipe when I want something good in a hurry." It's sweetly priced at just 20 cents a square.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. , Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean., Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 15g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 272mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MOIST LAZY DAISY CAKE
We always called this Mama's "never fail" recipe. I guess the same holds true for me, since I've entered this lazy daisy cake in contests and won with it. This tasty dessert is popular in our family, and it always brings back fond memories of Mama. -Carrie Bartlett, Gallatin, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts. Add to batter; beat thoroughly (the batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until cake tests done, 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly. For frosting, blend all ingredients well; spread over warm cake. Broil about 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405 calories, Fat 18g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 277mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (46g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE
- In a shallow bowl soak oats in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile proceed by measuring butter and sugars into beater bowl and beating until light.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift and measure flour, sifting again with the soda and spices.
- By this time the oats will be soaked and cool.
- Remove beaters from creamed mixture and fold in soaked oats.
- Sift flour mixture over and fold in.
- Turn in a buttered 9x9" pan and bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes .
- Mix all the topping ingredients.
- Do not remove cake from pan but while still hot spread topping over and put under the broiler until bubbly and tinged with gold.
- Watch carefully.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.6, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 15.2, Cholesterol 87.5, Sodium 429.9, Carbohydrate 58.4, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 34.8, Protein 5.5
More about "lazy day cake recipes"
GRANDMA'S LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (7)Category Cake, DessertServings 15Calories 430 per serving
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add melted butter mixture, flour, baking powder and salt. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE RECIPE
LAZY DAY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LAZY DAY RECIPES: 15 LAZY GIRL RECIPES - RECIPECHATTER
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | CAKE RECIPES ...
LAZY DAISY CAKE - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
LAZY DAY CAKE - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
CAKE MIX LAZY COOKIE CAKE 21 WAYS - TODAY'S MAMA
LAZY DAISY OATMEAL CAKE - JUST LIKE GRANDMA MADE!
LAZY DAISY CAKE - TORI AVEY
BUSY-DAY CAKE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
LAZY DAISY OLD-FASHIONED CAKE - I LOVE OLD RECIPES
LAZY CAKE - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
THE NO-BAKE LAZY CAKE RECIPE (ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!) - BRIT
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
LAZY-DAZY CAKE RECIPE
BEST NO-BAKE LAZY CAKE - FARAH'S RECIPES
GRANDMA'S LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE - COMPLETE RECIPES
LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
LAZY DAISY CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
GRANDMA'S LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EDNA LEWIS' BUSY DAY CAKE - DINNER WITH JULIE
LAZY DAY CAKES - BBC FOOD
LAZY DAISY OATMEAL CAKE | SOUTHERN LIVING
LAZY DAY CAKE - THE COOKIN CHICKS
LAZY DAY PEACH DUMP CAKE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
GRANDMA'S LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE
LAZY DAISY OATMEAL CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
EASY CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - CINNAMON SWIRL CAKE
LAZY DAY CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LAZY DAY COOKIE CAKE BARS RECIPE - SOMETHING SWANKY
LAZY DAISY CAKE - DEEP SOUTH DISH
LAZY DAISY CAKE | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
HOW WE MAKE LAZY DAZY OATMEAL CAKE WITH BROILED ICING, OLD
LAZY-DAY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES
LAZY DAY OATMEAL CAKE | SLOW COOKER LIVING
LAZY DAISY OATMEAL CAKE RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #easy #cakes #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love