Delicious recipe from Taste of Home magazine. Makes a light, fluffy, buttery shortcake. Different from the other shortcake recipes in that it has sour cream in the dough. Awesome with some with strawberries and cream, or just some butter. I plan on replacing my biscuit recipe with this one. The recipe called for 2 tbsp sugar, but I increased it to 1/3 cup because I love things sweet. If you don't have sour cream, you can substitute 1/2 cup of soured milk.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Random Rachel
Yield 7-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- Stir dry ingredients together. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat egg, stir into sour cream. Stir the wet into the dry just until combined.
- Turn onto heavily floured surface, knead about 25 times.
- For a shortcake: roll into a 7 1/2" circle, cut a 2" circle from the center. Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes.
- For individual servings: Roll 1" thick, cut into 3 inch rounds. Try to re-roll the dough as few times as possible. Bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes.
LIGHT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- For the shortcakes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. =
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and work it into the flour mixture with your fingers until it resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together the lemon zest, egg and 1/2 cup of the buttermilk in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture and lightly mix with your hands or a spoon until the dough just comes together. Do not overmix. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. With lightly floured hands, gently pat the dough into a 7inch round about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Space the shortcakes evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon buttermilk and sprinkle with the almonds. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Combine the strawberries, granulated sugar and orange zest and juice in a large bowl. Let stand until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Split the shortcakes. Place the bottom halves of the shortcakes on plates and top evenly with the strawberry mixture and yogurt. Cover with the shortcake tops. Dust with the confectioners' sugar if using.
This is a fabulous old-fashioned recipe given to me by a friend. It was her mother's recipe and it is the best shortcake. It sops up all the juice and the touch of nutmeg sends it over the top. My very favorite recipe for strawberry shortcake!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Jennifer Kuchnicki Merzlicker
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk in another bowl; stir into flour mixture until batter is just blended. Spread batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
MOM'S STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
When I was growing up, Mom sometimes experimented with different dessert recipes, but this tried-and-true spongy shortcake was always great just the way it was. It melted in my mouth! -Karen Wingate, Coldwater, Kansas
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter begins to melt. Beat into batter with vanilla (batter will be thin)., Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely., Just before serving, cut cake into serving-size pieces; cut each slice horizontally in half. In a large bowl, combine strawberries and remaining sugar; spoon between cake layers and over top of each serving. Top with whipped cream and, if desired, mint leaves.
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
It seems I can never get enough of Grandma's shortcake! This recipe is special to me and it's the first thing I bake when my strawberries ripen in spring.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture is the size of peas. Add the egg and milk; mix well. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares and top with strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
People also searched
More recipes about light fluffy shortcake recipe recipes
Summer Shortcake Recipes | Recipes, Dinners and Easy Meal ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comThe texture of the not-too-sweet biscuit is light and fluffy inside and crisp outside. Get the Recipe: Classic Strawberry Shortcake Strawberry Shortcake Sundaes ... Show details
Fluffy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - Plum Deluxe
Recipe From : plumdeluxe.comPreheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine first four ingredients; sift if necessary. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir half and half, vanilla, and 1 egg together. ... Show details
Shortcake Recipes | Cooking Light
Recipe From : cookinglight.comMake the shortcakes up to two days ahead, and store in an airtight container. Use a serrated knife to cut in half before serving. Prepare the berry filling up to 12 hours … ...
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe From Scratch - Don't Sweat The ...
Recipe From : dontsweattherecipe.com2016-06-14 · In the bowl of a mixer, cream together butter and 1 1/3 cup of sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat well. With the mixer on low speed, slowly alternate between adding dry ingredients and milk. Pour mixture into greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. ... Show details
Shortcake Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comRating: 4.38 stars. 6. Blubaugh's Blueberry Buckle Shortcake is a family favorite that's been handed down from generation-to-generation. It's an easy-to-make recipe with German/Pennsylvania origins. My family cannot get enough of these squares, and we eat them for dessert or breakfast. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake (The Best) | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.comButter a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside. ... Show details
Recipe Makeover: Quick Strawberry Shortcakes | Cooking Light
Recipe From : cookinglight.com2014-04-09 · Lighter Strawberry Shortcake Tip #1: Yogurt Cream. Whip 2% Greek yogurt into cold whipping cream for a fluffy topping that saves 8.7g sat fat. … ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits - lightly sweet and fluffy
Recipe From : blessthismessplease.comSprinkle dough with sparkling sugar. Bake until the shortcakes are golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. To serve, split the shortcake in half, add strawberries and whipped cream, and then top with the … ... Show details
Fluffy Shortcakes - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2005-05-04 · Butter and lightly flour an 8 inch cake pan or a cookie sheet. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter and work into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fingers until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly stir in milk, using just enough milk to hold it together. Put on floured board and knead for 1 minute. ... Show details
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe – Nina Kneads to Bake
Recipe From : ninakneadstobake.com2021-07-23 · This easy strawberry shortcake recipe is made of sweet, fluffy biscuits, strawberries in a sweet sauce, and mounds of whipped cream. Strawberry shortcakes are so easy to make and assemble. The biscuit dough is made in a bowl and then turned out on a floured surface. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies | Growing Chefs! Ontario
Recipe From : growingchefsontario.caIn the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg, and mix until combined. Add in the dry ingredients, and mix on low until just combined. With a wooden spoon, carefully ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe | Foodology Geek
Recipe From : foodologygeek.com2021-07-20 · Strawberry Shortcake is a quintessential summer dessert. Made with crumbly shortcake biscuits and sweet summer strawberries, this classic dessert recipe is always a crowd-pleaser. The shortcake biscuits recipe is the star here. These biscuits are extra light, fluffy, and have buttery layers of shortcake deliciousness. You will not be disappointed. ... Show details
Southern-Style Strawberry Shortcake
Recipe From : theslowroasteditalian.com2016-08-02 · Instructions Wash, hull and slice strawberries. Add to a medium bowl. Sprinkle sugar over top. ... Show details
Japanese Style Strawberry Shortcake | Light and Fluffy ...
Recipe From : youtube.comThe lightest and fluffiest cake with smooth whipped cream and fresh strawberries! This is my ultimate cake and I hope you all enjoy the recipe as much as I d... ... Show details
Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - Cooking Classy
Recipe From : cookingclassy.com2019-03-16 · Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and cut into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of mixture. ... Show details
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - Mostly Homemade Mom
Recipe From : mostlyhomemademom.comAdd in vanilla and mix until blended. Spread batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from oven and cool completely. Slice cooled shortcake into 12 squares. Split each square in half creating a top and bottom layer. Spread strawberries and whipped cream on each bottom layer of ... ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comTo prepare shortcake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through baking soda) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. ... Show details
Original Bisquick Shortcake Recipe For A 13 X 9 Pan ...
Recipe From : marthaeyettaking.blogspot.comLight, fluffy bisquick shortcakes are a perfect complement to sweetened berries and this recipe uses bisquick™ for an easy, flaky shortcake shortcut that doesn't skimp on taste. It is also very easy to create, and it is all thanks to are you interested in knowing the secret formula for our strawberry shortcake bisquick recipes? A serving of six delicious shortcakes would need the note that ... ... Show details
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake - Drive Me Hungry
Recipe From : drivemehungry.com2020-11-17 · The cake was very moist, fluffy and light after storing inside the fridge for 24hrs!! So far this is the best recipe from my 5th trial of different recipes online. Even though the method is not the usual sponge method, this method allows the sponge to stay moist and soft. Ive tried genoise method but failed as all turned dry and hard the next day even though i applied sugar syrup on the layers ... ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake – Sugar Geek Show
Recipe From : sugargeekshow.com2021-06-11 · Divide your milk in half. Add your oil to one half and add the eggs and vanilla to the second half. ... Show details
A Fluffy Strawberry Shortcake Drop Cookies Recipe | Eat ...
Recipe From : eatthis.com2021-04-26 · These light, fluffy Strawberry Shortcake Drop Cookies will do just the trick. ... healthier than your average cookie option, swapping regular sugar for Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. This recipe, reprinted here with permission, packs in an entire cup of fresh strawberries, which takes them to the next level. Between the sweetness of the Purecane sweetener and the fresh, juicy ... ... Show details
Fluffy Japanese Christmas Cake (Strawberry Shortcake ...
Recipe From : sudachirecipes.comMelt your butter for 40 seconds (600W) in the microwave. Add 1 tbsp milk and mix with the butter. Add a spoonful of the cake batter to the butter and mix well. Pour the butter mixture into the cake batter and fold in gently with the spatula. ... Show details
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake - Tried & Tested Recipe ...
Recipe From : foodelicacy.com2017-05-31 · Add Optima flour and stir with a whisk to combine well. In another mixing bowl, place egg yolks, water, vegetable oil, butter oil (or vanilla extract). Use a whisk to stir until well mixed. Sprinkle in flour-soda mixture from step (2), 1 to 2 tbsps at a time, stirring with a … ... Show details