MEAL-IN-ONE CAST IRON PORK CHOPS
Swirling butter into the pan sauce of the savory-sweet pork chops makes smoother and richer.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork Recipes
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Salt and pepper the chops on both sides. Swirl in olive oil and add chops to the skillet. Sear both sides, about 3 minutes each, to brown. Add anchovies to the center of the pan and allow them to melt.
- Deglaze the pan with wine. Add the chicken stock, broccoli rabe, and raisins to the pan. Transfer to the oven. Cook until the chops register 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chops and broccoli rabe to a serving platter.
- Optional pan sauce: Return pan to stovetop and reduce by half. Swirl in butter and pour over chops.
CAST-IRON SKILLET PROVENCAL PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES
Everything in this elegant-yet-easy dish cooks in one skillet, cutting down on the cleanup. Holding the potatoes in water after cutting prevents them from discoloring while you prep the other ingredients.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Drain the potatoes. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to become tender and are just beginning to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. Move the potatoes to the far edge of the pan, leaving a space to brown the pork chops. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. As the pork chops cook, give the potatoes an occasional stir so they continue to brown evenly. Place the pork chops on top of the potatoes, shingling them to leave as much room in the pan as possible. Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the bare area of the pan. Add the olives, capers, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring continuously, until fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the tomatoes and wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the chicken broth. Put the pork chops in the sauce and carefully nestle the potatoes around them. Cook 3 to 5 minutes more until the pork chops register 145 degrees F in the center on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the pork chops from the sauce and transfer to shallow bowls or a serving platter. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. If most of the liquid in the pan evaporates while you are cooking the pork, stir in tablespoons of water at a time to get it back to a saucy consistency. If the sauce is a little thin and weak, after you take the chops out, turn the heat up and cook 1 to 2 minutes more to thicken and concentrate the flavors. Stir the parsley into the sauce, remove the thyme sprigs, spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.
CAST IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON SAUCE
This is a quick, simple cast iron pork chop recipe that is packed with flavor, and also low carb! The bonus is this sauce would be great on chicken and beef as well. Note: I'm not the biggest fan of any type of mustard, but I found this sauce to be divine and the mustard is not overpowering at all.
Provided by norah
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes Boneless
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blot pork chops on each side with a paper towel to absorb any moisture. Score the fat along the side on each chop so they don't curl. Season both sides of each chop with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops in the hot skillet until a nice crust is formed, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chop should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- While pork chops are baking, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of wine and bring to a boil. Let wine reduce by half, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in remaining wine and chicken broth. Bring back to a boil and reduce by half.
- Pour in cream; bring back to a boil and cook until reduced and thickened. To test for thickness, remove a spoonful of sauce and run a finger through it. If a clear path is left, the sauce is ready. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and Dijon mustard. Stir in parsley.
- Remove chops from the oven, top with sauce, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 144.5 mg, Fat 35.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 25.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.8 g, Sodium 634.4 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
ONE-SKILLET PORK CHOP SUPPER
My husband, Clark, and I reserve this recipe for Sundays after the grandkids have gone home and we're too tired to prepare a big meal. It's comforting and quick. -Kathy Thompson, Port Orange, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings., In same pan, saute vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. , Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390 calories, Fat 15g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 97mg cholesterol, Sodium 700mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
More about "meal in one cast iron pork chops recipes"
JUICY CAST IRON PORK CHOPS RECIPE | A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory Lunch, Main CourseCalories 374 per serving
- Dry the pork chops with paper towels. Sprinkle with brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. You'll want the pan very hot, almost smoking before adding in the pork chops.
- Brown the pork chops on each side. Use tongs to flip them. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil. Work in batches until all of the pork chops are browned. Place the pork chops on the prepared sheet pan and place in the oven to continue cooking while you finish the remaining steps.
- Add a few tablespoons additional butter to the hot skillet if more fat is needed. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir with a wooden spoon until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Once the mushrooms are browned, deglaze the pan with white wine and push the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet with the wooden spoon.
36 BEST CAST IRON PORK CHOP RECIPES - THE PAN HANDLER
- Cowboy Kent Rollins — Pan-Seared Pork Chop. With a down-to-earth style, Kent Rollins shows how to use a cast-iron skillet to make a delicious pork chop with a cream sauce.
- Bon Appétit — Simple Sage & Butter Pork Chops. Fail-safe flavors like sage, garlic, and butter combine in this delicious pork chop recipe. An internal thermometer and frequent flipping ensure your pork chops will be succulently moist.
- America’s Test Kitchen — Easy Boneless Pork Chop with Sauce. Following along with America’s Test Kitchen’s recipe is a foolproof way for delicious cast-iron pork chops every time.
- Southern Cast Iron — Bourbon Pork Chops with Peaches on the Side. Bourbon and fresh peaches make these pork chops extra special. While this recipe does call for a marinade, which means longer preparation time, the flavors will be worth it.
- Chef Billy Parisi — Smothered Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion Gravy. Chef Billy Parisi’s easy step-by-step recipe is ready in 45 minutes and is easily restaurant quality.
- Southern Cast Iron — Pork Chops with Macaroni & Cheese. Two comfort food rock stars come together to make a surprisingly sophisticated dish. Herbs like sage and rosemary give this recipe nuanced flavors perfect for mature palates.
- Cast Iron Culinaries — Pork Chops with Apples & Sauerkraut. Enjoy some traditional German cuisine with these pork chops cooked with chopped apples and sauerkraut in a cast iron pan.
- Easy Family Recipes — Southwest-Style Pork Chops. A two-step cooking process, like the one used in this recipe, is ideal for a cast-iron skillet. This helps make sure the outside and inside are both done while avoiding the tragedy of a tough pork chop.
- Chef Billy Parisi — Cast Iron Pork Chops with Sweet Cinnamon Apples. With a little bit of preparation, this can be an incredibly easy weeknight meal. Do not be fooled, though, because the complex flavors make it tasty enough to serve to weekend dinner guests.
- The Woks of Life — Asian Pork Chops. Incredibly fast and very easy, these pork chops only take a quick marinade before searing in a cast-iron skillet.
CAST IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (11)Calories 589 per servingCategory Main Course
- Rub the herb paste evenly over both sides of the pork chops. Marinate at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes. Refrigerate if marinating the pork for over an hour.
CAST IRON PORK CHOPS - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
4.9/5 (87)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner Recipes, Main Course, Pork DishesCalories 325 per serving
- Prepare your pork chops for cooking by patting any moisture off the chops with a paper towel. Heat your cast-iron skillet and olive oil to medium-high temperature.
- Once the oil is shimmering or beginning to smoke, place the pork chops into the cast-iron skillet with the seasoned side facing downward. Season the upward-facing side. Cook for 4 minutes. *Do not move the chops before this time! This will interrupt the sear. Add the garlic cloves (and herbs if desired) to the skillet while cooking the first side, remove if starting to burn.
- Use tongs to flip your pork chops, searing the edges as you turn them. Cook for an additional 4 minutes - still without moving the chops.
ONE POT LEMON GARLIC PORK CHOPS AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET MEAL
PAN FRIED BONELESS PORK CHOPS (WITH VIDEO)! - CAST IRON RECIPES
ONE PAN RANCH PORK CHOPS WITH CRISPY POTATOES - THE SEASONED …
CAST IRON CILANTRO-LIME PORK CHOPS | HY-VEE
QUICK ONE-PAN RECIPES MADE IN YOUR CAST IRON PAN
ONE PAN PORK CHOPS WITH BALSAMIC MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
FRENCH ONION PORK CHOPS (EASY ONE PAN MEAL!) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - CAST IRON RECIPES
CAST IRON PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOMS, RED WINE & THYME
CAST-IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH ROASTED POTATOES
CAST IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS ( EASIEST RECIPE EVER)
38 ONE-DISH MEALS TO MAKE IN YOUR CAST-IRON SKILLET
10 EASY ONE-DISH PORK CHOP DINNERS - ALLRECIPES
SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & BACON
CAST IRON PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOMS - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
PORK CHOP AND RICE CASSEROLE WITH TOMATOES - SIMPLE ... - SIMPLE …
CAST-IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
 INTENSELY FLAVORFUL CAST IRON PORK CHOPS RECIPE
BEST PORK CHOP RECIPES - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
CAST IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
CAST IRON PORK CHOPS - FROM SCRATCH FAST
ONE POT SOUTHERN PORK CHOP DINNER - THE SEASONED MOM
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE (ONE PAN!) - RACHEL COOKS®
CAST IRON SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - COUNTRY CLEAVER
PERFECT JUICY PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRISPY CAST IRON PORK CHOPS THAT STAY JUICY - FOOD ABOVE GOLD
INA GARTEN PORK CHOP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAM OF MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS - THE FROZEN BISCUIT
CAST-IRON PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES & ONIONS - SPOONFUL OF NOLA
EASY PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS - WHATSINTHEPAN
CAST IRON SKILLET GARLIC & BROWN SUGAR PORK CHOPS
CAST IRON PORK CHOPS (PAN FRIED) - THE WOODEN SKILLET
OVEN-ROASTED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BONELESS CAST IRON PORK CHOPS - BERLY'S KITCHEN
PEACH PORK CHOPS - ONE PAN - 30 MINUTES MEALS
CAST IRON SKILLET PORK CHOPS RECIPE - ROCKY HEDGE FARM
GARLIC BUTTER BAKED PORK CHOPS (SUPER EASY TO MAKE!!!)
PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS RECIPE (CAST IRON SKILLET) - WHOLESOME YUM
ONE PAN PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES & VEGGIES (VIDEO - CARLSBAD …
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONIONS - CAST IRON CHEF
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love