MEATLOAF CROQUE MONSIEUR
- Mix together the mustard and chile sauce (or sambal if you're using that).
- Preheat the oven to a high broil.
- Butter 1 slice of each slice of bread.
- Build each half of the sandwich by placing the buttered side down, topped with meatloaf, mustard spread, tomato slices then the cheese. Repeat for all slices of bread.
- heat an oven proof nonstick skillet on medium heat. Lay the buttered side down and heat until lightly brown or about 2 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven under the broiler to melt and brown the cheese, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place slices together to make 4 sandwiches.
- Slice diagonally and eat immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 878.3, Fat 53.9, SaturatedFat 25.9, Cholesterol 239.2, Sodium 854.7, Carbohydrate 30.7, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 6.1, Protein 67.3
BAKED CROQUE MONSIEUR
Croque Monsieur, a Continental cross between French toast and grilled ham-and cheese, feeds a crowd when you bake it casserole style, in the oven. This recipe comes from the " Bakers' Catalogue" - King Arthur Flour.
Provided by Chef Glaucia
Yield 10 , 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Remove the crust from the bread, if you wish. Place them into the greased baking dish, cutting slices in half, as necessary, to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Top with half of the cheese, the ham, sliced onion, and the remaining cheese; and the remaining bread.
- Press the sandwiches together.
- Beat the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Pour slowly over the bread.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- About 1 hour before serving, preheat the oven to 400ºF. Mix the breadcrumbs with the melted butter and grated cheese. Sprinkle over the sandwiches.
- Bake for 42 to 48 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the eggs set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
CLASSIC CROQUE MONSIEUR
Think of this classic French bistro sandwich as a ham and cheese sandwich, sent over the top with a Bechamel sauce. Rich, cheesy, and warm, you might just need a knife and fork! I like to make the Bechamel first, and have all the cheese grated, so the assembly goes quickly. Garnish with cornichons, if you like, and serve with a vegetable salad or simple soup.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine milk and cream in a microwave-safe container and microwave on high power, about 90 seconds. The liquid should be warm to the touch.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and keep stirring until all the flour is coated in butter, and the flour and butter begin to bubble, about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in warmed milk and cream and cook until sauce begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Continue stirring, until the sauce is thick and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat and brown 4 pieces of bread on 1 side, about 4 minutes. Place browned bread on the prepared baking sheet, browned side down.
- Spread each piece of bread with Bechamel sauce, from edge to edge. Place two slices of deli ham on the Bechamel and top with 1/2 cup of grated Gruyere cheese. Place remaining bread slices on top of each sandwich and spread the top with Bechamel, from edge to edge. Sprinkle the top of each sandwich with 2 tablespoons grated Gruyere cheese and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn on the oven's broiler.
- Move baking sheet about 6 inches from the heat source and broil sandwiches until the top is bubbly and brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully, to avoid scorching the parchment paper and burning the cheese. Allow the sandwiches to cool slightly, cut in half, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 878.9 calories, Carbohydrate 38.7 g, Cholesterol 193.4 mg, Fat 60.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 44.7 g, SaturatedFat 33.9 g, Sodium 1616.1 mg, Sugar 6 g
More about "meatloaf croque monsieur leftovers recipes"
12 BEST RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER MEATLOAF - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Meatloaf Spaghetti. Nearly any recipe that uses ground beef or sausage is a good candidate for leftover meatloaf. A classic dish like spaghetti is a perfect example.
- Quick Meatloaf Chili. In less than an hour, you can transform that meatloaf into a delicious, steaming pot of chili. This recipe is perfect for those last-minute chili cravings on cold winter nights.
- Meatloaf Shepherd's Pie. Leftover meals are all about using up whatever you have in the kitchen, reducing food waste, and saving money. Few recipes are more resourceful than a delicious shepherd's pie.
- Meatloaf Sliders. With a bit of forethought, it's easy to create meatloaf sliders for a second meal. While this recipe includes the meatloaf, you can also simply make mini meatloaves from your favorite recipe.
- Grilled Meatloaf Sandwich. A simple sandwich will get rid of that meatloaf in no time. There's no need to just slap it between two slices of the average bread, though!
- Meatloaf Tacos. It only makes sense that tacos are also a great option for leftover meatloaf. Again, the meat's already cooked, so half of the work is done.
- Unstuffed Peppers Casserole. Ground beef casseroles make meatloaf disappear! Use your leftover meatloaf for a portion of the ground beef in this unstuffed peppers casserole.
- Beef Cheese Pan Quiche. For something a little different, use your leftover meatloaf in this fantastic beef cheese pan quiche. It's a surprisingly easy dish and the flavors of any classic meatloaf recipe will be a good match for the herbs and cheese.
- Meat Lover's Pizza. Anything can go on a pizza, even meatloaf! It's the ideal substitute for sausage or pepperoni and the meat is already cooked. This meat lover's pizza recipe can be as simple as using store-bought pizza dough and sauce, or you can make them.
- Leftover Stroganoff. Keep this 30-minute stroganoff recipe on hand for any meat leftovers. It works just as well for meatloaf as it does for cooked cubes of beef, chicken, or pork.
10 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF QUICHE RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5 WAYS TO USE YOUR LEFTOVER MEATLOAF BY CLEO COYLE
8 THINGS YOU NEVER THOUGHT TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER MEATLOAF
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF SOUP | CHEZ CARR CUISINE
TURKEY CROQUE MONSIEUR OR CROQUE MADAME - THE FLAVOR BENDER
OVERNIGHT CROQUE MONSIEUR CASSEROLE - MARTIN'S FAMOUS POTATO …
23 BEST LEFT OVER MEATLOAF RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
RECIPE: LEFTOVER SMITHFIELD SPIRAL SLICED HAM CROQUE MONSIEUR
PIN ON RECIPES! - PINTEREST
7 LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - GOODCOOK
15 SURPRISINGLY GOOD LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES TO REVIVE
5 LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES TO MAKE WITH LAST NIGHT'S …
MEATLOAF CROQUE MONSIEUR (LEFTOVERS) - MASTERCOOK
RECIPE CROQUE MONSIEUR RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF SANDWICH - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF FOR SANDWICHES: SOME LIKE IT HOT (BUT I LIKE IT COLD ...
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF SANDWICH - DAILY APPETITE
18 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - SUGAR & CLOTH
MEATLOAF WITH LEFTOVERS RECIPE - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
12 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - THE RUSTY SPOON
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES THAT YOU MUST TRY 2022
3-INGREDIENT MEATLOAF - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - USE LEFTOVER STUFFING
20+ LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES – DELICIOUS BUT SIMPLE TO MAKE
MEATLOAF LEFTOVERS RECIPES - MCDEVITTLC.COM
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER MEATLOAF: 10 WINNING IDEAS - FORKLY
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF SANDWICH - SIMPLY SCRATCH
THE BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF GLUTEN-FREE PASTA BAKE RECIPE
CROQUE MONSIEUR RECIPE - NAPOLEON.COM
12 WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER MEATLOAF - THECOOKFUL
17 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - MRS HAPPY …
CROQUE-MONSIEUR | RECIPE | CROQUE MONSIEUR, RECIPES, LEFTOVER …
MEAT LOAF - MONSIEUR-CUISINE.COM
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF CASSEROLE - RECIPESTY
CROQUE MONSIEUR RECIPE | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, CHRISTMAS …
MEATLOAF CROQUE MONSIEUR (LEFTOVERS) – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is it OK to eat leftover meatloaf?After enjoying it for a family dinner, it's almost always guaranteed that you'll have leftover meatloaf. With a good meatloaf recipe, you can also purposely make more than needed and easily get two meals out of one. It's a great way to stretch your grocery budget. Leftover meatloaf doesn't have to be boring.
What do you put on a meatloaf?Just put a thick slice of meatloaf in between 2 slices of your favorite bread and bam, you’ve got yourself a hearty meal. You can flavor it with your preferred condiments such as mustard, ketchup, and mayo for an even tastier sandwich. I love adding some Swiss or Havarti cheese!
Can you use meatloaf instead of meat pie?Meatloaf Shepherd’s Pie The delicious flavors of the meat and gravy filling, combined with the creamy mashed potatoes, make this become the ultimate comfort dish. To save time and money, use leftover meatloaf instead of slicing and browning beef for a meat pie.
Can you make meatloaf with Mac and cheese?This mac and cheese dish is intended to be meat-free, but it's a delicious venue for meatloaf. No matter how much you have, simply crumble it up and mix it into the baking dish. Switch from chicken to beef broth and you've just turned a side dish into a next-day main that's fantastic with homemade bread .