CLASSIC EGG SALAD
Most egg salads are bland, mayo-laden affairs, but this one is vibrant and fresh.
Provided by Jennifer Segal
Yield Makes 2½ cups, or enough for 4 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer, and fill the pan with enough cold water so that it covers the eggs by about an inch. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, then remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour out the hot water; place the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs until the pan is lukewarm, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and refill with cold water; let stand until the eggs are room temperature, about 10 minutes. Gently crack the eggs all over and peel under running water. Dry the eggs, then chop into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the chopped eggs, celery, scallions, and parsley. Using a rubber spatula, fold to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve or refrigerate until ready to use. (If you refrigerate the egg salad, be sure to taste it again before serving and adjust the seasoning; I find the flavors mellow out a bit after some time in the fridge.)
- Make Ahead: The eggs can be cooked, peeled, and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator 3 days ahead. If you keep the eggs in their shell, they can last for up to a week. The egg salad will keep well in a covered container in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Tip: When peeling an egg, start at the wider end -- there's usually a small air pocket in there, which makes the egg shell easier to remove.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214, Fat 18 g, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sugar 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Sodium 248 mg, Cholesterol 285 mg
GRILLED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD SEEDS
This salad is a little lighter and brighter than the typical potato salad, so it's great on a hot summer day.
Provided by Stephanie Izard
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, cover the potato rounds with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over medium heat until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Lay 2 large sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Fold up the edges to form a 1/2-inch rim and pinch the corners together to seal. Transfer the foil to the grill and melt the butter on it. Add the potatoes in a single layer and grill, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp on both sides, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the rice vinegar just to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the mustard seeds and let cool completely. Whisk in the sherry vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and rice bran oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Add the celery, scallions and dressing and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve right away.
CALIFORNIA SALAD WITH HARD-BOILED EGGS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and gently simmer 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chickpeas are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the pepitas and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes; let cool.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the yogurt, 2 tablespoons water, the vinegar, chives and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs. Toss the greens, sprouts and radishes in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Top each serving of salad with the chickpeas and pepitas, eggs and sliced avocado. Drizzle with the dressing and top with more chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calorie, Fat 28 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 280 milligrams, Sodium 230 milligrams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 22 grams
SOUTHERN-STYLE EGG SALAD
Southern egg salad, primarily used for sandwiches. Serve on fresh bread of your choice. My wife likes to make double-decker sandwiches (utilizing whole wheat bread for the center slice) with pimento cheese on the other half. Trim the edges and cut into 2 or 3 pieces. Great for tailgating.
Provided by Walter R.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cover eggs with water in a saucepan, bring to a low boil, let boil slowly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to ice water to chill for 5 minutes; peel. Grate eggs into a medium mixing bowl and add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 114.4 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 185.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CALIFORNIA EGG BAKE
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and salt; stir in the tomato, onion and cheese. Pour into a greased 2-cup baking dish. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts :
KONBI'S EGG SALAD SANDWICH
This famous egg salad sandwich comes from Konbi, the tiny Los Angeles cafe run by the co-chefs Akira Akuto and Nick Montgomery. It's not always the case that sensational, Instagram-famous dishes are carefully calibrated to taste so good, but this one breaks the mold: It's as pretty as it is delicious. The egg salad is brightened with a touch of rice wine vinegar and mustard and bound with Kewpie mayonnaise. When making it at home, be careful not to undercook the eggs or you'll cross that fine line between jammy and runny. At the heart of the sandwich is a perfect hard-boiled egg, and we suggest cooking a couple extra in case they break or you have trouble peeling them. Extra eggs, still warm, with a touch of salt and pepper, make for a great snack while you're assembling.
Provided by Tejal Rao
Categories brunch, lunch, sandwiches, main course
Yield 4 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fill a large pot with water, leaving a few inches of space at the top, and bring to a boil over high. Prepare 2 ice baths in 2 medium bowls.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, stir together the scallion, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, vinegar and mustard. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Once the water reaches a boil, gently drop in all 12 eggs and let the water come back to a boil. As soon as it does so, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the eggs at a gentle simmer, 8 minutes. Transfer 6 soft-boiled eggs to one ice bath. Continue to cook the remaining 6 eggs until hard-boiled, another 6 minutes, then transfer them to the second ice bath. Let sit, 5 minutes. Crack all cooked egg shells by gently hitting them all over with the back of a spoon.
- Working directly in the bowl, peel the hard-boiled eggs, keeping them partly immersed (the water helps loosen the shells). Transfer the hard-boiled eggs to a cutting board and chop them into 1/4-inch pieces. Gently fold the chopped eggs into the egg salad dressing using a rubber spatula. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Working directly in the second bowl, carefully peel the soft-boiled eggs. Transfer the peeled eggs to the cutting board and slice them in half lengthwise. The yolks should be creamy but not runny. If the yolks are runny, make another batch of soft-boiled eggs. (You'll only need 1 soft-boiled egg per sandwich, so snack on any extra or imperfectly peeled pieces with some flaky sea salt, if desired.)
- Slather mustard on 1 side of 4 bread slices and mayonnaise on 1 side of the remaining 4 bread slices. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on the halved soft-boiled eggs. Arrange 2 halves down the center of each slice of mustard-slathered bread, laying them yolk side down, and positioning them so the narrower tips point outward toward the crust of the bread and the wider, rounder portions (with the yolks) are in the middle of the bread. Place both halves close enough so that they touch in the center of the bread.
- Divide the egg salad among the sandwiches, gently plopping 1/2-cup scoops of egg salad on top of each pair of soft-boiled eggs on each of the 4 bread slices. Using an offset spatula, spread the egg salad evenly toward the crusts in all directions until bread is covered.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread, mayonnaise side down. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice the crusts off on the left and the right sides of each sandwich. (These should be the 2 sides that are parallel to the soft-boiled eggs.)
- Rotate each sandwich 90 degrees and cut each sandwich into thirds, cutting parallel to the crust sides of the sandwiches, creating a beautiful exposed cross section. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 202, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 276 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "my california egg salad recipes"
13 EGG SALAD RECIPES THAT HIT THE SPOT
Author Cathy JacobsPublished 2020-07-07Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Avocado Egg Salad Recipe. Enjoy a delicious breakfast by topping your whole wheat toast with this bright-tasting, herb-flecked avocado egg salad. It's got everything you love about rich and creamy avocado toast, plus a bonus boost of protein to get you through the morning.
- Deviled Egg Salad Recipe. Take another potluck food favorite—the deviled egg—and turn it into a different, mouthwatering appetizer with this recipe. Chop the eggs roughly, combine with a few simple ingredients, and use the resulting deviled egg salad to spread to top pumpernickel toasts.
- Creamy Egg Salad Without Mayo Recipe. Egg salad makes a quick and easy high-protein lunch for toting to the office, or work-from-home days. This healthy version uses Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, for a creamy egg salad with fewer calories than the traditional mayonnaise-laden version.
- Bacon Deviled Egg Potato Salad Recipe. Bacon deviled egg potato sala d is a devilishly good recipe. It tastes just like a combination of deviled eggs and rich potato salad, and salty bacon bits take it over the top.
- Keto Egg Salad Recipe. Classic, creamy egg salad made with eggs and mayonnaise is a perfect keto food. Our enhanced, gluten-free keto egg salad adds bacon for a crunchy, salty addition instead of celery and avocado for more robust creaminess and fat.
- Watercress Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches Recipe. Fresh watercress brings a lightly peppery flavor to these elegant egg salad tea sandwiches. When bringing them to a summer party, wrap the whole, unsliced sandwiches in parchment paper and then aluminum foil, before adding them to an insulated cooler or thermos bag.
- Sour Cream Potato and Egg Salad Recipe. Put together a crowd-pleasing cookout side dish with this rich and creamy sour cream potato and egg salad. It's an essential warm-weather salad that goes well with barbecue and grilled meats.
- Vegan "Egg" Salad Without Eggs Recipe. Vegan "egg" salad is a genius recipe for those who enjoy the idea of egg salad, but are following a diet free of animal products.
- Easy Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches Recipe. Simple egg salad made with mayonnaise, mustard, and dried herbs is a delicious filling for party tea sandwiches. They couldn't be easier to assemble (especially when you stock boiled eggs in the fridge), and feel nicely fancy thanks to their cute name and miniature size.
- Peruvian Triple Sandwich Recipe. The triple sandwich is a popular one in Peruvian cuisine. Start with sliced white sandwich bread, adding ripe and creamy avocado, then a layer of egg salad, and finally sliced tomatoes, for a flavorful, protein-rich, triple-decker lunchtime sandwich.
BEST EGG SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg
EGG SALAD AND CALIFORNIA AVOCADO WRAP
CLASSIC EGG SALAD RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
EASY KETO EGG SALAD RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
CLASSIC EGG SALAD - A FAMILY FEAST®
LITERALLY THE BEST EGG SALAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
MY RECIPE FOR GARLIC CROUTONS IS LISTED UNDER SALADS ON PINTEREST 1 ...
CLASSIC EGG SALAD – A COUPLE COOKS
EGG SALAD RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
EGG SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE | GET CRACKING
MY SPECIAL EGG SALAD - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
PERFECT EGG SALAD. EVERY TIME. | BON APPéTIT
EGG SALAD RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
EGG SALAD RECIPE SOUTHERN STYLE | IT IS A KEEPER
MY FAVORITE EGG SALAD SANDWICH - I AM BAKER
HEALTHY EGG SALAD RECIPE (WITH GREEK YOGURT) | LIVE EAT LEARN
HEALTHY EGG SALAD, MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE
EGG SALAD RECIPE FOR SANDWICHES - CLEAN EATING RECIPES
AVOCADO EGG SALAD SANDWICHES - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
I TRIED 4 CELEBRITY CHEFS' RECIPES FOR EGG SALAD, AND THE WORST IS FULL ...
I TRIED CARLA HALL'S EGG SALAD RECIPE | KITCHN
SUPER CREAMY EGG SALAD: HOW TO MAKE THE #1 BEST RESTAURANT STYLE
CLASSIC EGG SALAD WITH RELISH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EGG SALAD RECIPE - BEST EVER! - MAMA LOVES FOOD
BEST EGG SALAD RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST CLASSIC EGG SALAD (FOR SANDWICHES TOO ... - DINNER, THEN …
EGG SALAD RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
MY FAVORITE EGG SALAD RECIPE JOY THE BAKER
EASY SOUTHERN EGG SALAD RECIPE WITH RELISH
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC EGG SALAD SANDWICH - DELISH
EGG SALAD RECIPE WITH THE BEST DRESSING - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
AVOCADO EGG SALAD - CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
THE BEST EGG SALAD, SIMPLE TO MAKE, AND TASTES AMAZING
FRESH EGG SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
31 OF OUR ABSOLUTE BEST EGG SALAD RECIPES
THE BEST EGG SALAD (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
TRADITIONAL POTATO SALAD 1KG IN 2022 | POTATOE SALAD RECIPE, LOADED ...
ULTIMATE FARMHOUSE EGG SALAD - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
VERA STEWART'S EGG SALAD | SOUTHERN LIVING
EGG SALAD RECIPES | MYRECIPES
You'll also love