MOM'S COUNTRY GRAVY
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Gradually stir in milk so that no lumps form, and continue cooking and stirring until thickened. If the gravy becomes too thick, you may thin it with a little more milk.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Fat 21.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 454.7 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
MAKEOVER HOME-STYLE GRAVY
Thinking of skipping the gravy this holiday because it's "bad" for you? Don't even think of it! We've created this low-cal, low-fat gravy you won't believe. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot and celery in oil until tender. Add sherry; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the water, parsley and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until liquid is nearly reduced by half. , Strain and discard vegetables and herbs; set liquid aside (liquid should measure 1-1/2 cups). , In a small saucepan, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the drippings, sage, browning sauce if desired, salt, pepper and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
NIF'S EASY HOMESTYLE GRAVY
Yes, this is for a huge amount of gravy but go ahead and adjust for the amount that you need. What an easy way to make delicious gravy and impress your guests! After making Uncle Bill's Method for Cooking a Turkey (#46262), I ended up with a lot of delicious drippings and made my gravy out of that. For this gravy recipe, I had 5 cups of drippings from a 14 pound turkey! The best feature of Bill's method is to put 2 cups of good chicken stock in the bottom of the pan when roasting the turkey. We used this gravy for 10 people on Christmas day and 2 meals of hot turkey sandwiches. That's a lot of gravy!
Provided by Nif_H
Yield 5 cups, 15-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- While the bird is roasting, put butter and flour in small saucepan and set on stove. It will likely melt on its own from the heat of the oven but if not, put on low for last few minutes of cooking bird until butter melts. Stir ocassionally to create a paste, called a "roux".
- Pour drippings/stock in large saucepan on stove. Be sure to tip the bird for more liquid and scrape little bits of solids off bottom of roasting pan. Give liquid a good whisk to break up solids.
- Bring liquids to a simmer (don't boil!) and slowly add the roux, whisking constantly. Only add a bit at a time and stop when the mixture thickens to desired consistency. It should at least coat the back of a spoon. I tend to add full amount.
- Stir in seasoning salt and pepper. If you choose to add wine, slowly add it in until it tastes good to you!
- Let gravy simmer and reduce while you carve up your bird. I wouldn't simmer more than 15-20 minutes.
- NOTE - Please be sure to taste your gravy. Add salt, pepper, wine or whatever you think it needs. Add slowly and taste often!
NIF'S EASY AND DELICIOUS CHICKEN SALAD
A favourite of ours. The grapes are awesome with the chicken and to me, the salt is necessary to have with the sweet grapes. This recipe makes enough for 2 sandwiches. Enjoy!
Provided by Nif_H
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix together and keep cold until ready to use.
NIF'S EASY CROCK POT SMOTHERED ROAST BEEF
A really easy dish to throw together. You can use whatever kind of beef roast you want, or try pork. I have honestly never paid attention to what size roast I have used or measured the onions or Worcestershire, but I think that this is close. I will update it if necessary the next time I make it. Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta to catch the sauce. Enjoy!
Provided by Nif_H
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place roast in crock pot. Mix other ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the roast.
- Cook roast on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Add more seasoning if desired after tasting the completed dish.
More about "nifs easy homestyle gravy recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE GRAVY RECIPE (FROM SCRATCH) - THE …
GRAVY RECIPE - EASY, FROM SCRATCH, NO DRIPPINGS | RECIPETIN …
HOMEMADE COUNTRY GRAVY RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY GRAVY FROM SCRATCH - INSPIRED TASTE
HOMEMADE GRAVY - QUICK, EASY, AND WITH NO DRIPPINGS
5/5 (5)Category Sauces & SeasoningsCuisine American, AsianCalories 70 per serving
EASY HOMEMADE GRAVY RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
HOMESTYLE COUNTRY GRAVY - SOUTHERN CAROLINA FAMILY
EASY HOMEMADE GRAVY - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
25 HOMESTYLE SOUTHERN FAVORITES - MYRECIPES
HOMESTYLE SAUSAGE GRAVY - BAKING WITH MOM
HEINZ HOMESTYLE TURKEY GRAVY RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
HEINZ HOMESTYLE BEEF GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOMESTYLE GRAVY MIX | CLUB HOUSE CA
HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NIF'S EASY HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
EASY GRAVY RECIPE WITHOUT DRIPPINGS | HOMEMADE
HEINZ HOMESTYLE SAVORY BEEF GRAVY RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPES WITH SABRINA - NIFS
RECIPE NIFS EASY CROCK POT SMOTHERED ROAST BEEF - YOUTUBE
EASY HOMESTYLE SAUSAGE BISCUITS AND GRAVY - KELSIE BROWN BLOG
HEINZ HOMESTYLE SAVORY BEEF GRAVY — EASYBINS
HOME-STYLE GRAVY FOR TURKEY | RECIPE | HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPE, …
NIF'S EASY HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
NIF'S EASY KOREAN BEEF AND RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HEINZ HOMESTYLE GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE GRAVY – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
EASY HOMEMADE GRAVY RECIPE (DRIPPINGS OR BROTH!) - AVERIE COOKS
HEINZ HOMESTYLE MUSHROOM GRAVY — EASYBINS
EASY HOMEMADE GRAVY (3 INGREDIENTS!) - I HEART NAPTIME
THE BEST GRAVY FROM SCRATCH RECIPE – OLD FASHIONED FROM SCRATCH …
HOME-STYLE GRAVY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HEINZ HOMESTYLE MUSHROOM GRAVY, 12 OZ JAR — EASYBINS
HOW TO MAKE EASY BISCUITS AND GRAVY | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love