A glorious, giveable holiday treat with a minimum of effort and a maximum of impact. Requires 30 minutes of standing time, which is not included in the preparation time.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 2 dozen candies
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Microwave chocolate in 8-inch glass baking dish uncovered on high power about 1 minute; stir. Microwave, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted, about 1 minute. Add pecans and stir to coat.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Using soup spoons, drop pecans in 24 mounts on waxed paper. Let stand until hardened, refrigerating if necessary. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Chewy caramel, toasted pecans, bittersweet chocolate -- you'd be hard-pressed to find a store-bought version that's as superlative as this easy homemade rendition. Did we mention the rum? Get the packaging how-to for the Pecan Clusters.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes about 24 Clusters
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring 1 1/2 cups sugar, the milk, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat (mixture may look separated).
- Bring water and remaining 3/4 cup sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Wash sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Cook, undisturbed, until sugar begins to turn light gold, about 5 minutes. Swirl pan, then cook until caramel turns amber, about 2 minutes. Immediately remove pan from heat. Carefully stir in milk mixture (liquid may bubble up), then pecans. Place pan over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, until caramel registers 242 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter, vanilla, and rum. Continue stirring until caramel cools and becomes very thick and difficult to stir, about 10 minutes. Drop small mounds of caramel onto a baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat, and let cool.
- Place melted chocolate in a medium bowl. Using an offset spatula, dip bottom of each pecan cluster into chocolate, leaving top partially undipped. Place dipped pecan clusters on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and let stand until chocolate is set.
PECAN CARMEL CLUSTERS
Chocolate candy that tastes great!
Provided by Barbara
Categories Desserts Nut Dessert Recipes Pecan Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place caramels, butter, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Drop caramel pecan mixture by spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Dip each caramel cluster into chocolate using a fondue fork until coated; place on parchment paper to dry. Chill until firm, if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 2.2 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 24.5 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
Toasting the pecans before stirring in the chocolate adds to the richness of this easy-to-make candy. I usually make four batches each Christmas and never have leftovers. -Collette Reynolds, Raleigh, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, combine pecans and butter. Bake at 250° for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes., Remove from the oven; transfer to a bowl. Add candy coating and stir until evenly coated. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
- Beat 2 sticks butter, 3/4 cup dark brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until fluffy; beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs. Whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt, then stir into the butter mixture. Add 2 cups dark chocolate shavings and 2 cups chopped pecans. Pat into a rectangle on parchment paper and chill 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares and freeze 30 minutes, then bake 14 to 16 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make Classic Chocolate-Chip Cookie dough (No. 11) with 2 cups dark chocolate shavings instead of chips. Add 2 cups chopped pecans. Pat into a rectangle on parchment paper and chill 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares and freeze 30 minutes, then bake 14 to 16 minutes at 350 degrees.
ROASTED PECAN CLUSTERS
Easy, easy recipe! But don't skip the first step....toasting the pecans before adding the chocolate is what makes this recipe! From Southern Living October 1985 magazine.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 4 dozen, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Melt butter in a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan while oven preheats to 300 degrees. Spread the pecans in the pan, tossing to coat with the butter. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Cool for 2 minutes; add pecans, and stir until coated. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto wax paper. Cool. Peel from the wax paper and store in an airtight container.
More about "pecan chipsters recipes"
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS WITH PECANS RECIPE - SHE …
10 EASY PECAN RECIPES (BEYOND THE PIE!) – A COUPLE …
BEST EVER PECAN PIE BARS - JO COOKS
BEST PECAN PIE BARS + VIDEO - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
10 BEST CHOCOLATE PECAN CLUSTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST EVER PECAN PIE BARS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PECAN SQUARES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOW TO MAKE PECAN BUTTER - COOKIE AND KATE
30 EASY PECAN RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND DESSERT - INSANELY …
2.3/5 (3)Published 2021-03-10Category Recipe Roundup
- Candied Pecans. These are seriously addictive. Their sweet and buttery flavor is enhanced by the crunchy caramel coating and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Turtle Cookies. Turtle cookies are the culmination of everything I love in a dessert. They’re soft and chewy, rich and chocolatey, and loaded with caramel pieces, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe. Come Thanksgiving, there better be an extra pecan pie on the table just for me. I will fight you for the last slice. Between the gooey syrup filling and the tender, crunchy pecans, there is just nothing better.
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Lemon Glaze. Sure, you can use boring old breadcrumbs to coat your salmon. But I can’t say enough good things about this pecan crust!
- Pecan Squares. The first time I made these, I burned my mouth as I impatiently bit into the still-hot slice. The second time, I devoured two slices before I could finish my coffee.
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad. I think I’ve mentioned before that when I make a salad; I need lots of toppings! Texture is so important, and without fun extras, salads can be super bland.
- Butter Pecan Chicken. Chicken is such a versatile meat. You can boil it, fry it, roast it, bake it, and it works well with everything from squash to strawberries.
- Pecan Tassies. It’s sad to say, but I didn’t grow up eating pecan tassies. In fact, I’d never tried one until I was a fully-fledged adult. The horror!
- French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread. You’ve just found the dip for your next party. Cream cheese with garlic and onion smothered in a salty-sweet-spiced pecan topping – need I say more?
- Small Batch Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Not only does this recipe make just the right amount and tastes amazing, but you won’t even need an ice cream machine!
CHIPSTER-TOPPED BROWNIES RECIPE | PETIT CHEF
BUTTER PECAN MELT IN YOUR MOUTH COOKIES - THE CHUNKY CHEF
QUICK AND EASY CANDIED PECANS - INSPIRED TASTE
PECAN COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SOFT & CHEWY BUTTER PECAN COOKIES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
10 BEST PECAN APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
41 DECADENT PECAN DESSERTS - TASTE OF HOME
43 PECAN DESSERTS THAT ARE SOUTHERN FAVORITES | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY PECAN COBBLER RECIPE (WITH GOOEY RICH FILLING!) - DINNER, THEN …
PECAN CLUSTERS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
PECAN CARAMEL CLUSTERS: HOMEMADE TURTLES RECIPE - FINDING ZEST
WHAT TO DO WITH PECANS? 15 EASY DIY PECAN RECIPES
BEST BUTTER PECAN CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BUTTER PECAN …
CARAMELIZED PECANS (STOVETOP RECIPE) - STRIPED SPATULA
THIN CRUNCHY CHEWY PECAN COOKIES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PECAN CHIPSTERS – RECIPES NETWORK
PECAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
39 PERFECT PECAN DESSERTS | MYRECIPES
CHARLESTON CHEWIES WITH PECANS AND BROWN SUGAR
CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE CLUSTERS RECIPE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 …
EASY CANDIED PECANS (NO EGG WHITES) | FOODIECRUSH .COM
BUTTER PECAN COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CANDIED PECANS - THE COUNTRY COOK
BAKED PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN FINGERS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SOUTHERN RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
57 PECAN RECIPES INCLUDING PECAN PIES, TARTS, COOKIES, AND MORE
THE BEST SOUTHERN PRALINE PECANS RECIPE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
RECIPES | APPETIZERS, PIES, COOKIES, AND MORE| PRIESTER'S PECANS
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
THE EASIEST CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES - JOY + OLIVER
PECAN APPETIZER RECIPES - AMERICAN PECAN COUNCIL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love