SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY
Cook this tasty vegan curry for an exotic yet easy family dinner. With spinach and sweet potato, it boasts two of your five-a-day and it's under 400 calories
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY
This vegan satay sweet potato curry is both mild and rich so it is a real people pleaser. You can use the sauce as a base for using up any vegetables in the fridge, but this combination of a root vegetable and a green vegetable works well. Serve with freshly cooked rice, roti or vegan naan bread. Each serving (without the optional toppings) provides 666 kcal, 10g protein, 89g carbohydrates (of which 20g sugars), 27g fat (of which 14g saturates), 13g fibre and 1.6g salt.
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Main course
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, with the lid on, until softened. Stir in the garlic and ginger and leave uncovered to fry for another 2 minutes. Stir in the spices.
- Boil the kettle. Add the tomato purée, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk and 200ml/7fl oz boiling water. Whisk while bringing to the boil and then add the sweet potato chunks. Turn down the heat and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the potato is soft and the sauce has thickened. If the sauce has reduced enough but the potato is not tender yet, partly cover with the lid.
- Stir in the kale and cook for 1 minute. Taste and season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Ladle the curry over rice or into bowls for dunking the bread in. Garnish with the roasted peanuts, if using, and chilli, if you like it spicy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 666kcal, Carbohydrate 89g, Fat 27g, Fiber 13g, Protein 10g, SaturatedFat 14g, Sugar 20g
More about "satay sweet potato curry recipes"
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
5/5 (4)Category DinnerCuisine AsianCalories 327 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 392FPlace the cubed sweet potato in a baking dish, drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/4 tsp of cracked black pepper. Toss well then roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a skillet and the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.Pour in the satay sauce and stir well, cook for about 2 minutes then add the chickpeas and stir well.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked add that to the satay sauce and stir gently.Finally, add in the spinach, stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve with sticky rice, top with chopped peanuts, coriander leaves, slices of spring onions and lime wedges.
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
5/5 (1)Calories 520 per servingCategory Main Course
PEANUT TOFU SATAY CURRY (VEGAN + GF) - RHIAN'S RECIPES
SATAY SWEET POTATO VEGAN CURRY FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY – THE VINTAGE WOMAN
SWEET POTATO CURRY | HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CURRY
CHICKEN SATAY CURRY (MALAYSIAN) | RECIPETIN EATS
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - A SAUCY KITCHEN
4.9/5 (8)Category AsianCuisine MainTotal Time 10 mins
THAI COCONUT SWEET POTATO RED CURRY RECIPE - CHOOSING CHIA
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - SPOONACULAR.COM
THAI SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
STUPID-EASY RECIPE FOR THAI SATAY STUFFED SWEET POTATO (#1
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY (VEGAN & DELICIOUS) - YOUTUBE
EASY & HEALTHY SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE.
SATAY CHICKEN CURRY - KHIN'S KITCHEN
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY | 387 CALORIES - SIMPLY FIT RECIPES
SWEET POTATO SATAY CURRY - ZONE FRESH
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY – FLEXISEQ
CREAMY SWEET POTATO SATAY CURRY - COOKLYBOOKLY
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE | LUPUS HOPE
DIABETES: ASIAN SATAY SWEET POTATO VEGETARIAN CURRY RECIPE.
SWEET POTATO SATAY CURRY - #PLANTFULLNESS
RECIPE OF THE MONTH – SPEEDY SATAY SWEET POTATO AND KALE CURRY
SATAY SWEET POTATO BOSH! BOWL - FOOD, LIFE, COOKING
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE | CHANNEL MUM
SATAY SWEET POTATO RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY – GEO FOODS
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST DIET
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA SATAY - DAVEYNUTRITION
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE – FOOD OB-CEC-D
SATAY SWEET POTATO AND KALE CURRY ~ INDIA HATTERSLEY
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY | RECIPE CART
SWEET POTATO SATAY CURRY RECIPE - KATIE COOKS
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD - ÉDESBURGONYA …
SATAY SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEA CURRY SHOCK! I HAVE MADE …
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY (VEGAN & DELICIOUS) - PINTEREST
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH PEANUT BUTTER - VEGAN PUNKS
THAI SWEET POTATO & SPINACH SATAY CURRY - ADRE'S KITCHEN
ONE POT SATAY CURRY WITH CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO
SATAY SWEET POTATO & TENDERSTEM CURRY – HAPPY SKIN KITCHEN
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER AND SWEET POTATO SATAY CURRY RECIPE
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - FOOD FAM RECIPES
RECIPE: VEGAN SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: VEGAN SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY - MAGAZINE - PICCANTINO …
SATAY SWEET POTATO CURRY (VEGAN) - DONUT FOLLOW THE CROWD
You'll also love