WARM SALMON AND POTATO SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Use a fork to flake the salmon and set it aside.
- At the same time, steam the potatoes in a steamer basket over 2 inches of boiling water until they become fork tender, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes and set aside. To the same steamer basket, add the green beans and steam until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. (Check to ensure there is enough water in the bottom pot at all times.)
- In the meantime, whisk the yogurt, Dijon mustard, dill, lemon zest and juice, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set it aside.
- In a large serving dish, arrange the cooked potatoes and green beans on a bed of arugula. Top with the flaked salmon and capers and then pour on the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. (If you're planning on enjoying this the next day, do not add the arugula until just before eating.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306, Fat 7 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 43 milligrams, Sodium 436 milligrams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 5 grams
ASPARAGUS AND CHICKEN SALAD WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the dressing: Pulse the parsley, tarragon, lemon juice and mustard in a mini food processor to make a coarse paste. Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise and olive oil; pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the salad: Prepare a large bowl of salted ice water. Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet over low heat, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate and let cool. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water; let cool. Drain again and pat dry; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, watercress, radishes, chicken, goat cheese, parsley and half of the toasted almonds to the bowl. Drizzle with about half of the dressing and season with salt and pepper; toss. Sprinkle with the remaining toasted almonds and serve with the remaining dressing.
DILLED CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
If a delicious chicken and rice entrée is what you're craving, look no further than this mild herb-flavored rice dish with tender asparagus. -Mary Ann Marino, West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice, bouillon and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender., Meanwhile, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, dill and salt; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, bring remaining water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry., In the same skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until juices run clear; drain. Add the rice, asparagus and lemon mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 371mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
CHICKEN ASPARAGUS SALAD
You can have this light, tasty dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes-just buy a deli chicken on your way home from work, or use leftovers from Sunday's roast. The only cooking you'd have to do is the asparagus, which takes only 2 or 3 minutes! This is great for a hot summer's night, when you don't want to heat up your whole kitchen making a great dinner!
Provided by TGirl
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook asparagus in small amount of water until crisp-tender (cooking time will depend on thickness of asparagus;thin stalks 2-3 minutes, thicker stalks 3-4 minutes).
- Drain and cool asparagus and set aside.
- In salad bowl, combine vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
- Add chicken, apple, and asparagus, tossing to coat.
- Serve over lettuce/salad greens, garnishing with alfalfa sprouts if desired.
ASPARAGUS AND CHICKEN SALAD WITH GINGER DRESSING
Asparagus takes easily to many kinds of seasonings, so after you've tired of having it plain with butter or homemade mayonnaise, try this spicy dressing laced with ginger and chiles. Adding smoked chicken is a nice way to make a more substantial first course or light lunch. You can purchase smoked chicken at better butcher shops or online, but equally good is grilled chicken at room temperature, or cold poached chicken. I sometimes substitute lightly smoked ham or smoked slab bacon, simmered until tender.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the vinaigrette, put shallots in a small bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and cayenne and let steep for 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, then whisk in sesame oil and vegetable oil. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Snap off the tough end of each asparagus spear, then cut each spear into 2-inch lengths. Cut thicker pieces in half lengthwise as necessary so all cut pieces are approximately the same size. Place asparagus pieces into boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and cool under running water. Blot dry.
- To make the salad, put asparagus in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chile, if using, and crushed peanuts. Dress with half the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Arrange dressed asparagus on a platter or on individual plates. Tear chicken slices into strips and scatter over asparagus. Drizzle a little more vinaigrette over the salad and give it a good squeeze of lime. Garnish with basil, mint and cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFat 30 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 698 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
HOT CHICKEN SALAD CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix the chicken, celery, water chestnuts, mushrooms, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, onion, and almonds. Transfer to the baking dish, and top with Cheddar cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until lightly browned
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 75.3 mg, Fat 41.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 660.7 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY DILL SAUCE
Nothing says "spring" like a fresh crop of young asparagus. And this recipe superbly ushers in this wonderful season. The delicate cheese sauce and assorted seasonings nicely complement the tender stalks without being overwhelming. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, bring water and salt to a boil; add the asparagus. Cover and cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm. In the same skillet over low heat, stir cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in dill, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus.
Nutrition Facts :
WARM CHICKEN, BACON, AND EGG SALAD WITH MAYONNAISE DRESSING
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and gently lower eggs into the boiling water using a spoon. Boil for 8 minutes. Remove immediately from heat, drain, and cover eggs with cold water.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken cubes, onion, and mushrooms in the hot oil until the meat is no longer pink inside and mushrooms are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Place iceberg lettuce into a salad bowl. Add chicken-mushroom mixture and bacon. Top with red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and white Cheddar cheese. Stir mayonnaise into salad, tossing gently to coat. Peel eggs and cut each egg in half; cut halves horizontally into 3 wedges apiece. Arrange eggs on top of salad; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.6 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 296.9 mg, Fat 47.5 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 757.9 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
WARM CHICKEN SALAD
I've not tried this, but am saving it here for future reference. If you try it first, please do let me know what you think! (from Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat.)
Provided by Luschka
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the chicken in small pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Alternatively steam in a steamer.
- Steam the green beans and asparagus spears until tender but still crisp; refresh in cold water.
- Mix the beans and asparagus with all the other salad ingredients in a bowl except for the baby salad leaves.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar with 1 tablespoon of water and shake well.
- Slice the chicken while still warm and add to the salad. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve in a large salad bowl, garnished with the baby salad leaves.
More about "warm chicken salad with asparagus and creamy dill dressing recipes"
CHICKEN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS & CREAMY DILL DRESSING …
4/5 (1)Total Time 8 minsServings 4Calories 170 per serving
- Steam asparagus, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water; drain.
- Combine asparagus, chicken, radishes, and dressing in a large bowl; toss well. Arrange 2 tomato slices on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
WARM CHICKEN SALAD OVER ARUGULA WITH CREAMY DILL …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
WARM CHICKEN-AND-ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 208 per serving
- Brush 2 teaspoons mustard over both sides of chicken; sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, and add chicken and green onions. Sauté 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Add vinegar mixture to skillet, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad greens on 4 plates; top with 1/2 cup asparagus. Divide chicken mixture evenly among salads.
LEMON AND DILL BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
CALIFORNIA CHICKEN SALAD WITH CREAMY YOGURT DRESSING RECIPE
SPRING CHICKEN SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING | RECIPES | WW USA
WARM CHICKEN PASTA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH RICH RANCH DRESSING RECIPE
WARM CHICKEN SALAD - 21 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
BEST CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
WARM CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD - FIRE ENGINEERING: FIREFIGHTER ...
MARY BERRY'S WARM CHICKEN DILL SALAD RECIPE| BBC2 …
CREAMY DILL CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE WITH NUTS AND CRANBERRIES
10 BEST CREAMY DRESSING FOR CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES
10 BEST WARM CHICKEN SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - YUMMLY
WARM CHICKEN SALAD - DESSERT FOR TWO
41 WEEKNIGHT DINNERS TO HAVE IN YOUR BACK POCKET | EPICURIOUS
WARM CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD | UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND …
HOMEMADE CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING WITH GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
WARM CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
WARM CHICKEN/ASPARAGUS/MUSHROOM SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
ONTARIO ASPARAGUS AND CHICKEN PASTA SALAD WITH ZESTY DRESSING
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD WITH CREAMY FETA DILL …
WARM CHICKEN & DILL SALAD WITH MUSTARD PARMESAN DRESSING
SIMPLE DILL CHICKEN WITH WARM POTATO SALAD
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CREAMY TARRAGON DRESSING
WARM CHICKEN SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
DIJON CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS - NO-MAYO CHICKEN …
CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS - GIMME DELICIOUS
WARM CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
WARM ROAST CHICKEN SALAD WITH TARRAGON CREAM DRESSING RECIPE
CHICKEN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND CREAMY DILL DRESSING
15+ CREAMY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CLASSIC DILL CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPRING VEGETABLE SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS AND RADISHES
ASPARAGUS & CHICKEN SALAD WITH SESAME GINGER DRESSING
10 BEST WARM CHICKEN SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - YUMMLY
You'll also love