EASY HOMEMADE ALMOND ROCA
I love almond roca!! I found this copycat recipe at massrecipes.com and it tastes exactly like the real thing to me! Mmmmm.
Provided by Juju Bee
Yield 36 candies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Over Medium heat, melt butter in a large pot.
- Add corn syrup, water and sugar to pot and cook until temp reaches 290 degrees OR until the mixture becomes the color of a brown paper bag (about 15-20 minutes) stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (mixture will rise and bubble quite a bit).
- Remove from heat and Stir in 1/2 of the Almonds.
- Turn mixture onto a greased cookie sheet WITH EDGES!
- While the mixture is cooling, melt the chocolate over low flame until all the chips are gone, and chocolate is smooth.
- Score the Almond butter mixture into the shape you desire (I just scored into rectangle shapes).
- Pour the hot chocolate over the almond mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds and allow candy to cool completely and chocolate to harden before breaking apart and serving.
- Note: I let mine refrigerate over night after breaking the into squares, and they had a better texture this way, we thought.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.1, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 29.2, Sodium 111, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 16.3, Protein 1.6
MAKE AHEAD ALMOND PINWHEELS
The perfect make ahead Christmas breakfast idea, using pre-made frozen puff pastry dough and a homemade almond filling. These Almond Pinwheels are heavenly!
Provided by Julie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, almond paste, powdered sugar, and flour. Mix on medium speed with a paddle attachment until combined. Add egg white and almonds, and mix again until everything is incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thaw the puff pastry according to directions. I just leave mine out on the counter for 20-30 minutes. Unroll the puff pastry on a baking sheet. I did not line mine, and had very little sticking, but depending on your baking sheet you may want to use parchment paper or Silpat.
- Cut the puff pastry into 12 equal squares. Spread the squares out onto the baking sheet so that they are about an inch apart.
- Using kitchen shears or a paring knife, make a one inch cut from the corner of each square diagonally toward the center.
- Place a tablespoon size scoop of the filling into the center of each square, and then fold every other corner to the center, pressing firmly to seal. Repeat with the second roll of puff pastry.
- At this point you can cover the pinwheels with plastic wrap or foil, and refrigerate overnight until you are ready to bake them.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use your reserved yolk to make an egg wash, beating 1-2 tablespoons of milk with the yolk. Brush the top of each pinwheel with the egg yolk, and then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the center has puffed up and the top is golden. Remove from the oven, and transfer the pinwheels to a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Pinwheel, Calories 185 calories, Sugar 7.1g, Sodium 74mg, Fat 12g, SaturatedFat 2.5g, UnsaturatedFat 9.1g, TransFat 0.1g, Carbohydrate 17g, Fiber 1.1g, Protein 3.2g, Cholesterol 13mg
ALMOND ROCA RECIPE
This homemade almond roca candy recipe is a perfect treat for a homemade gift or dessert to keep in the candy jar! Just a few ingredients and these step-by-step photos help you make this toffee almond chocolate candy!
Provided by Elizabeth Waterson I Confessions of a Baking Queen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lightly butter the parchment, set aside.
- If your almonds are not toasted I would toast them and chop them now, by placing them in a single layer on a large baking sheet and baking at 300F/149C for 10 minutes. You need all elements of the recipe ready to go otherwise you risk the candy not setting up properly. Make sure the chocolate is finely chopped.
- In a large bottomed heavy pot add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and cook over medium-low heat. Do not increase the heat, you want the butter and sugar to melt evenly, once the sugar has melted completely, and the mixture is evenly combined increase the heat to medium, not high.
- Using a whisk mix everything constantly. Depending on how large your pot is, this process will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. The mixture will start to bubble and thicken up and slowly change color. Use an instant-read thermometer or candy thermometer to keep checking the temperature of the toffee. Once the temperature has reached 295F/ 146C take-off of the heat and whisk in the baking soda. Once the baking soda is fully combined add the toasted almonds. Pour toffee onto the prepared pan and use an angled spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Immediately sprinkle the chopped chocolate evenly over the toffee, you could take a piece of foil and "tent" the baking tray to help the steam stay in and melt the chocolate or what I do is place the baking sheet in the oven and turn the oven on to preheat, while the oven is warming and blowing warm air that will melt the chocolate in less than 5 minutes. Use another angled spatula to spread the chocolate then sprinkle with finely chopped toasted almonds pieces.
- Let the Almond Roca set up for 1 - 2 Hours. You can put it in the fridge to speed up the process but I suggest letting it cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour to prevent the chocolate from blooming, and turning white, it will still taste good the chocolate will just end up with white streaks.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
ALMOND PINWHEELS WITH CREAM CHEESE FILLING
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Using a pizza wheel or a sharp knife, cut dough into 12 (4-inch) squares. Make a cut into the square from each corner, leaving ½ inch at the center. (You should have 4 triangles.) Fold one corner of each triangle up to the center of the square to make the pinwheel. Place pinwheels on prepared pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon 1½ teaspoons Cream Cheese Filling into center of each pinwheel, and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with almonds, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, egg yolk, vanilla bean paste, and salt at medium speed until smooth and creamy, 4 to 5 minutes.
This is a family recipe that we make each year for the holidays. It is my absolute favorite!
Provided by Stephanie
Categories Desserts Nut Dessert Recipes Almond Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the chocolate and 1/2 the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt sugar and butter together in a stainless steel pan over low heat; increase heat to medium, stirring constantly, until boiling. Heat mixture to 310 degrees F (155 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour butter-sugar mixture over chocolate and almonds on baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining chocolate and almonds over butter-sugar mixture. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Break into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Cholesterol 41.1 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 110 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
PINWHEELS 3 WAYS
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the base spread and tortillas: Mix together the cream cheese and pesto until well combined. Lay out the spinach, whole wheat and jalapeno-Cheddar tortillas and divide the cream cheese mixture among them. Using a spoon or offset spatula, spread the mixture all the way to the edges of each tortilla.
- For the veggie pinwheels: Evenly distribute the spinach over the top of the base spread on the spinach tortillas. Arrange the artichokes, green olives and sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Set aside.
- For the meaty pinwheels: Shingle the cheese, pepperoni, salami and capicola onto the base spread on the whole wheat tortillas, slightly favoring one side. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Set aside.
- For the spicy pinwheels: Divide the pepper jack between the jalapeno-Cheddar tortillas topped with the base spread. Divide the arugula, sliced peppers and chopped cherry peppers between the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Refrigerate the rolled tortillas for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Unwrap and slice each tortilla into 1-inch segments/pinwheels. Arrange on a platter and serve.
MICROWAVE ALMOND ROCA
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Spread 1 1/4 cups almonds in buttered 9x13-inch pan. Cook 1 cup butter and sugar in microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Cook an additional 6-8 minutes on high, stirring every 2 minutes. Mixture will be caramelized in color. Pour immediately over almonds. (Don't be surprised if the butter/sugar mixture partially separates.) Pour chocolate chips on hot caramel mixture. When melted, spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Chill or freeze. Break in pieces to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
CAFE MOCHA PINWHEELS
When my daughter was young, I made these cookies for school bake sales. Preschoolers enjoy rolling up the dough, and older kids can get in on all the steps.-Dion Frischer, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and espresso powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Beat cocoa into half of dough. Divide each color into 2 portions., On baking sheets, roll each portion between 2 sheets of waxed paper into a 9x7-in. rectangle. Remove waxed paper. Place a chocolate rectangle on top of a plain rectangle. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tightly roll waxed paper over dough, using the waxed paper to mold the dough into a smooth roll. Securely wrap dough in waxed paper; repeat with remaining dough. Freeze 1 hour or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 46mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
We took one of our favorite dips and transformed it into a roll-up appetizer that's full of flavor.
Provided by Corey Valley
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients except tortillas with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Divide mixture evenly among tortillas, spreading evenly.
- Tightly roll up tortillas.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 700 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g
More about "almond roca pinwheels recipes"
OLIVE-ALMOND PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
BROWN & HALEY ALMOND ROCA AT HOME
PISTACHIO PINWHEELS WITH ALMOND EXTRACT, ALMOND FLOUR AND SUGAR
ALMOND ROCA - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
RASPBERRY ALMOND PINWHEELS - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
ALMOND RAISIN PINWHEELS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
EASY PINWHEEL CHRISTMAS COOKIES - COUNTRY CLEAVER
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES (QUICK & DELICIOUS)
ALMOND FLOUR-CAROB PINWHEEL COOKIES - A MEAL IN MIND
PINWHEEL COOKIES THAT ALWAYS STAND OUT ON A COOKIE TRAY
10 BEST TORTILLA PINWHEELS RECIPES | YUMMLY
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PINWHEEL RECIPES THAT ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY
WHITE CHOCOLATE ALMOND ROCA - I WASH YOU DRY
ALMOND ROCA BARS RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SPINACH FETA PINWHEELS RECIPE – EASY LOW CARB APPETIZERS
ALMOND SHORTBREAD PINWHEELS - GAIL'S GOODIES
ALMOND ROCA PINWHEELS | ALMOND ROCA, PINWHEEL RECIPES, PINWHEEL …
MEDITERRANEAN PINWHEELS RECIPE - APPETIZER ADDICTION
ALMOND ROCA COOKIES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ALMOND FLOUR PINWHEEL COOKIES RECIPE - IN THE KITCHEN WITH …
ALMOND ROCA - RECIPE GIRL
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE ALMOND PINWHEEL COOKIES? PINWHEEL …
EASY HOMEMADE ALMOND ROCA - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
ALMOND ROCA PINWHEELS | PINWHEEL RECIPES, ALMOND ROCA, PINWHEEL …
RASPBERRY-ALMOND PINWHEELS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PEANUT BUTTER ALMOND PINWHEELS - BREEZY BAKES
ALMOND ROCA COOKIES RECIPE | A CLASSIC CANDY IN COOKIE FORM!
190 BEST ALMOND ROCA IDEAS IN 2022 | ALMOND ROCA, CANDY RECIPES ...
ORANGE-CHERRY-ALMOND PINWHEELS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
ALMOND ROCA - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
HOMEMADE ALMOND ROCA RECIPE | SUBURBAN SIMPLICITY
14 PINWHEEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ALMOND APPLE PINWHEELS RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS PINWHEELS - I WASH YOU DRY
HOMEMADE ALMOND ROCA RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
ALMOND RASPBERRY PINWHEELS - YOUTUBE
CHERRY ALMOND PINWHEEL COOKIES - INSPIRED BY CHARM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love