HOMEMADE CHICKEN FAJITAS
Making homemade fajita seasoning is a lot easier than you might think, and you probably already have the ingredients in your spice cabinet. Simply combine a mixture of chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and voila, you're ready to make fajitas. Brighten up this dish with a mixture of red, orange, yellow, and green peppers. Top with your favorite garnishes. We use sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
Provided by Mark A. Sheeler
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder for fajita seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with about 3/4 of the fajita seasoning. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil. Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator, shaking every couple of hours, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the marinating bowl from the refrigerator and let sit on the counter until chicken is room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Make 2 stacks of 4 tortillas, and wrap each one in aluminum foil.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion. Stir in remaining fajita seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, place tortillas in the oven to warm. At the same time, grill chicken, turning halfway through, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble fajitas, fill warmed tortillas with chicken, peppers, and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560.4 calories, Carbohydrate 43.9 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 42.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1099.1 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
AUSTIN CHICKEN FAJITAS
Always a favorite for entertaining! This keeps the heat out of the kitchen and give my husband the chance to show off his grilling skills. Serve with warm flour tortillas, and bowls of salsa, guacamole, grilled onions and peppers, and grated cheese.
Provided by Catherine B.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large, heavy zip-top bag and mix well.
- Remove any fat from the chicken breasts and wipe dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, turning often.
- Drain liquid and discard.
- Grill over hot coals.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and serve with warm flour tortillas.
More about "austin chicken fajitas recipes"
BEST EVER CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
5/5 (27)Category ChickenServings 6Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- MARINADE: combine the ingredients for the marinade along with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Use a whisk to combine before adding the jalapeño slices and the chicken breast. Let marinate covered in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and allow the chicken to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Set a large cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet over high heat and let heat up for a couple of minutes. Drizzle in a teaspoon of oil and add half the chicken to the pan and cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes or longer depending on the thickness of the chicken. If the pan becomes too hot, reduce the heat to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the panand allow to rest for several minutes. Cooke the remaining chicken the same way. Slice the chicken into thin slices.
- FAJITA VEGGIES: Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan over high heat, add half the onions and bell peppers. Let the veggies begin to sizzle and toss as necessary. You can drizzle in some of that chicken marinade if you want to flavor the veggies but be sure to cook them well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove the veggies to a plate and cook the remaining veggies the same way.
TEX-MEX CHICKEN FAJITA MARINADE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
Reviews 1Category DinnerCuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 45 mins
- Poke chicken all over with a fork. Place the chicken in a dish or zip top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken to cover completely. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours, with a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and brush with oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Cook to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
5/5 (28)Calories 183 per serving
- Place the cilantro, garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a shallow baking dish and whisk to combine.
- Heat a grill pan to medium. Once hot, add the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook undisturbed until well browned on the bottom, about 10 minutes.
THE BEST CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH CHIPOTLE LIME CREMA …
Reviews 107Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course
- MARINADE: In a large freezer bag, whisk together all of the Chicken Fajita Marinade ingredients. Remove 2 tablespoons to use later for vegetables. Add chicken to freezer bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours up to overnight (longer the better).
- CHIPOTLE LIME CREMA (optional): Whisk together all of the ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- CHICKEN: When ready to cook, let chicken sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, dab excess marinade off chicken and add to skillet. Cook chicken undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 2-4 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into strips.
- VEGETABLES: Meanwhile, Add 1 tablespoon oil to the leftover juices in the skillet along with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade. Heat over medium high heat. Add onions and saute 1 minute. Add bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sliced chicken and toss to coat.
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE | HOMESICK TEXAN
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 6
- In a blender, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, and chiles de arbol. Blend until smooth, and add salt and black pepper to taste. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and marinade refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- To make the fajitas, drain the chicken from the marinade. In a large, heavy skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook covered for about 5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Remove the chicken from the skillet, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, and cook the bell pepper and onion slices on medium heat until tender and soft, about 7-10 minutes. Add salt to taste. While the peppers and onions are cooking, heat up the flour tortillas by either cooking each one over a burner or in a hot, dry skillet for about 15 seconds per side or until they puff.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the bell peppers, onions, warm flour tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream, so people can make their own tacos.
THE BEST CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPE - 6 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS!
Reviews 2Calories 132 per servingCategory Recipes
CHICKEN FAJITAS | RICARDO
5/5 (124)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 485 per serving
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-MexCategory ChickenServings 6Calories 497 per serving
- Place 2 or 3 warm tortillas on each plate. Fill each tortilla with a portion of the fajitas then top with Mexican cream, a good salsa, and a squirt of lime juice if you'd like.
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Meat & Poultry Recipes
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chile powder with the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a large bowl and serve with the warmed tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHICKEN FAJITAS-FAJITAS DE POLLO
Reviews 24Calories 312 per servingCategory Meat And Poultry
- Cut the onions in half and slice them thinly. Cut the peppers in half, remove the cores and seeds and slice them into 1/2 inch(1 cm) wide strips.
CHICKEN FAJITAS | MAXLIVING
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main CourseServings 2Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
- Bake chicken and vegetables at 350° F until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are soft (25+ minutes).
CHICKEN FAJITAS A TEX-MEX DELIGHT - HISPANIC FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 140 per serving
- Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it into the chicken.
TEXAS FAJITAS RECIPE - URBAN COWGIRL
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory BeefCalories 1004 per serving
- Pull the fajita meat from the marinade and lay flat on a cookie sheet while you heat your grill, or begin your charcoal.
- When the grill is as hot as it can be, or the charcoal has turned gray, place the meat down in the middle of the hottest part of the grill. Close the chamber or place the lid on the grill. If you're using charcoal, make sure you vent the lid so that the air will feed the coals.
- Sear the meat 5-7 minutes on one side and then check it. If it's not seared continue to cook it on one side until you can get at least a decent sear on the first side. Flip it, and cook it 4-6 minutes. When you gently poke the meat with your finger it should still be a little squishy. This will give you about a medium cook on the meat, and it will continue to cook as it rests.
CHUY'S TEX-MEX FAJITAS - NEWSON6.COM
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
CHICKEN FAJITA TACOS - HEALTHFUL BLONDIE
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 25 minsCategory Lunch & DinnerCalories 400 per serving
CHICKEN FAJITA - MENU - TORCHYS TACOS - AUSTIN
FAJITAS - ADVICE, TIPS, RECIPES AND MORE - CHOWHOUND
NATIONAL FAJITA DAY - HAMAMA
AUSTIN - PINTEREST
GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITA PACKET RECIPE | IN THE KITCHEN WITH ...
CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SIMPLE RECIPE : CHICKEN FAJITAS - TRYSIMPLERECIPE
FAJITA HISTORY - FOOD - THE AUSTIN CHRONICLE
WORLD BEST GARLIC COOKING RECIPES : AUSTIN CHICKEN FAJITAS
AUSTIN CHICKEN FAJITAS - TFRECIPES.COM
#course #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #mexican #grilling #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in a chicken fajita?Ingredients 1 2 bell peppers, preferably red or yellow, cut into strips 2 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil 3 2 to 3 onions, thinly sliced 4 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter 5 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced 6 1 tbsp chili powder 7 1 tsp dried oregano 8 8 medium tortillas 9 Salt and pepper More ...
How do you make chicken fajitas with olive oil?Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with about 3/4 of the fajita seasoning. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated.
Is Allrecipes good for chicken fajitas?Allrecipes has more than 20 trusted chicken fajita recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Family favorite in the summer, but can be cooked year-round with the broiler on cold days when you're pining for warm weather. Easy, tasty, and filling.
What is the best way to make fajitas?The fajitas go together in a snap and always get raves! —Julie Sterchi, Campbellsville, Kentucky In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender.