- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
BANANA BREAD (FROM AFRICA!)
this is an unusual banana bread recipe in that it uses a solid rather than liquid fat (ie. butter not oil), unlike most quickbread recipes, and is made more like cookies are. the result is very delicious, though - a super-light, slightly rich, moist bread. the recipe comes from an african cookbook.
Provided by pollen
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- cream butter.
- beat in sugar.
- mix in egg yolks.
- mix in bananas, milk, vanilla.
- mix dry ingredients (flour, spices, salt, soda, powder) in a separate bowl and then mix into butter/sugar/banana mixture beat egg whites until frothy, then fold into batter.
- put batter into greased loaf pan (or an 8x10" pan will work also).
- bake at 350º for about an hour (35 mins. for 8x10 pan) or until golden brown, and deliciously warm from the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.2, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 83.6, Sodium 594.9, Carbohydrate 47.5, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 18.2, Protein 5.5
BANANA RICE BREAD (LIBERIA)
From: "South of the Sahara: Traditional Cooking from the Lands of West Africa" by Elizabeth A. Jackson.
Provided by Engrossed
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch loaf or round cake pan.
- Mix rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mashed bananas, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing batter thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, before turning out on rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.9, Fat 16.2, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 56.1, Sodium 310.9, Carbohydrate 41.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 13, Protein 4.6
CHAPATI (EAST AFRICAN BREAD)
Adopted from Indian cuisine, chapatis have been a part of East African cuisine for centuries. The East African recipe is slightly different from its Indian counterpart. This bread accompanies African soups and stews well. Preparation is minimal, making this a great choice for cooks that are in a pinch.
Provided by Jamie
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix 2 cups flour and salt together in a bowl. Slowly mix in enough water to make a thick dough. Mix in oil until combined.
- Knead dough on a cool surface for a few minutes, adding a few spoonfuls of flour. Return dough to the bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Divide dough into orange-sized balls. Flatten into 6-inch circles. Fry in batches in the hot skillet, turning once, until golden brown and spotted, 6 to 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep chapatis warm in the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.5 g, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 389.3 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "banana bread from africa recipes"
TRADITIONAL BANANA BREAD - SAPEOPLE SOUTH …
BANANA BREAD - SOUTH AFRICAN FOOD | EATMEE RECIPES
10 BEST AFRICAN BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK AND EASY FLUFFY BANANA BREAD RECIPE BY FOOD
BEST BANANA BREAD - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BEST-EVER MOIST BANANA BREAD - EVERYDAY EASY EATS
BANANA BREAD – RECIPES FROM SOUTH AFRICA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THE SOUTH AFRICAN
4/5 (3)Category Dessert, TreatsCuisine GlobalTotal Time 1 hr
BANANA BREAD: A DELICIOUS TIMELESS SOUTH AFRICAN FAVOURITE
4.5/5 (2)Category SnacksCuisine South AfricanTotal Time 1 hr
14 AMAZING BANANA BREAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BANANA BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE 20 BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES - AVERIE COOKS
BANANA BREAD (FROM AFRICA!) - BREAD RECIPES
SASAS LAUNCHES FIRST WEST AFRICAN BANANA BREAD BAKING MIX
BANANA BREAD - FOOD24
9 DELIGHTFUL BANANA BREAD RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
CARIBBEAN BANANA NUT BREAD - IMMACULATE BITES
CLASSIC BANANA BREAD RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
SOUTH AFRICAN BANANA BREAD - FINGLOBAL
BANANA BREAD RECIPE | BAKE WITH STORK
RECIPES FOR BANANA BREAD (FROM AFRICA!)
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE | SIMPLYRECIPES.COM | SOUTH AFRICA
SOUTH AFRICAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE RECIPES
SOUTH AFRICAN RECIPE FOR BANANA BREAD | AFRICAN FOOD, BANANA …
BANANA LOAF | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
SOUTH AFRICAN BANANA BREAD | RECIPE | BANANA RECIPES, AFRICAN FOOD ...
BANANA BREAD RECIPE | MUGG & BEAN SOUTH AFRICA
BANANA BREAD - 11 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
BAKED IN AFRICA: FOUR TRADITIONAL BREADS TO TRY ON SAFARI
BBC AFRICA | HOME
BANANA BREAD FROM AFRICA RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SOUTH AFRICAN BANANA BREAD | RECIPE | BANANA RECIPES, BANANA …
BANANA BREAD RECIPE SOUTH AFRICA, BANANA BREAD FROM AFRICA!) …
GRANNY'S BANANA BREAD • BLACK FOODIE
THE TASTIEST HEALTHY BANANA BREAD - YEBO SOUTH AFRICA
BANANA BREAD (FROM AFRICA!) - CHAMPSDIET.COM
BANANA LOAF - BAKELS EAST AFRICA
DELICIOUSLY MOIST BANANA BREAD RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BAKERY-STYLE BANANA BREAD | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
EASY BANANA LOAF | COOKING ON A BUDGET | SOUTH AFRICA - YOUTUBE
MOM'S BANANA BREAD - SUPER MOIST! - AI MADE IT FOR YOU
JAMAICAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE | SIMPLYRECIPES.COM | SOUTH AFRICA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make banana bread from South Africa?Banana bread is a wonderful recipe from South Africa that is easy to make. It might take an hour in the oven but the smells coming from the kitchen while it is baking is well worth the while. 1. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the vanilla. 2. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. 3. Sieve the dry ingredients together and add. 4.
How to make banana bread with eggs?Method Preheat the oven to 180’C (350′ F). Use a small bread pan, sprayed with non-stick spray. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add essence. Add eggs one by one and beat well. Add dry ingredients. Add bananas(and nuts) and mix well. Add to pan. Bake for an hour or until baked through. Serve with butter.
What is banana bread made of?Banana Bread is a sort of bread produced using mashed up bananas. It is a sweet, moist cake-like bread. It is best to use ripe bananas for this recipe. Banana Bread Ingredients: 110 grams butter (8 tablespoons) 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour. 4 ripe bananas. 1 teaspoon baking powder.
How long to bake banana bread?Beat the soft butter, sugar and bananas well. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk. Add the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture. Divide the batter into 2 or 3 medium size bread baking tins. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes until brown.