BANANA BREAD PUDDING
When I visited my grandmother in summer, I always looked forward to the comforting banana bread pudding she'd make. With its crusty golden top, custard-like inside and smooth vanilla sauce, this pudding is a real homespun dessert. Now I make it for my grandchildren. -Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over top and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas. , Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. , Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 157mg cholesterol, Sodium 561mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BANANA COCONUT PUDDING OR PIE FILLING
Rich and creamy, with an excellent, almost butterscotch-like flavor. Fairly healthy for a sweet treat. I make it gluten- and refined sugar-free, sweetening with coconut sugar.
Provided by gem bee
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix almond milk, egg yolks, coconut sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in a large saucepan and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Cook and stir almond milk mixture until it thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir shredded coconut, butter, and vanilla extract into milk mixture. Remove saucepan from heat and allow pudding to cool to room temperature.
- Divide sliced bananas between 8 serving bowls and pour pudding over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.5 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 168.9 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 395.7 mg, Sugar 23.9 g
BANANA COCONUT BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
If you like bananas, coconut, and rum, then this is a dessert for you. A good way to use up ripe bananas. Instead of the sauce, serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Provided by Martina
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, eggs, bananas, cinnamon, condensed milk, coconut, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Leave sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in centre tests clean.
- For sauce: Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour.
- Add brown sugar, cream and milk.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Serve warm with pudding.
- If sauce becomes too thick, thin with a small amount of milk.
COCONUT BANANA PUDDING
- In a food processor, puree 4 of the bananas until smooth, then set aside. In a large saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the agave, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks and coconut milk until smooth. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 10 minutes. To check for doneness, coat the back of a spoon with the pudding and run your finger down the center of the spoon. The pudding should hold a clear, clean line. Remove from the heat, then fold in the pureed banana. Refrigerate until cool, at least 2 hours or up to overnight. The pudding will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Slice the remaining banana. Crumble 2 wafers into the bottom of four 10-ounce ramekins. Divide the pudding among the ramekins. Top each serving with banana slices, toasted coconut flakes and another crumbled wafer.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH COCONUT
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line standard loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch) with parchment paper, leaving overhang for easy removal.
- In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, and sugar followed by soy milk and coconut oil. Using fine-mesh sieve, sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until just combined and smooth into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until toothpick or skewer inserted in center comes out mostly clean (do not overbake). Cool for 1 hour in pan, loosen edges, remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into large (1 inch) cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large mixing bowl, whisk coconut milk and rum extract until combined. Add cubed banana bread and gently fold in until bread is coated with coconut milk mixture.
- Transfer to 8 x 8 inch glass or ceramic baking dish and sprinkle evenly with demerara or coconut sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until dry on top and cooked through (test with knife in center; bread should be hot but still moist). Serve warm garnished with a little flaked coconut and sliced banana.
BANANA BREAD-BREAD PUDDING
How is this one different? It's made with banana bread instead of plain bread. I had an extra loaf of it that needed to be eaten or frozen, and was thinking about my Recipe #76914, and thought--"Why not?" So here it is...start with a layer of your favorite banana bread, a layer of chopped bananas, more bread, and a lovely custard poured over the whole thing. It is heavenly! A nice change of pace, and very easy to throw together.
Provided by ciao4293
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 350°F, and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Slice the banana bread into 1 inch slices, place on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven, about 8-10 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Place half the cubes in the baking dish, and cover with the chopped or sliced banana, then add the rest of the bread cubes over that.
- Whisk the half and half, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, and pour over the banana bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for one hour--a knife inserted in the center will look wet, but mostly clean.
- Let it set for 5-10 minutes, and scoop out and serve warm, with cream, or it's even delicious plain.
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of flaked coconut, and 1/2 cup fresh coconut. Fold in bread cubes until evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup flaked coconut. Continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly tapped.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.8 g, Cholesterol 84.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.9 g, Sodium 364.4 mg, Sugar 24.8 g
COCONUT BANANA PUDDING
From the June 2013 Issue of Cuisine at Home Magazine. The recipe notes say "So they're soft, slightly sweet and don't break down completely in the pudding, choose bananas with just a few brown speck on thier peels"
Provided by Kerena
Yield 1 bowl, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the pudding, heat coconut milk and whole milk in a saucepan over medium until it steams.
- Whisk together 1 c cream of coconut, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt until smooth. While whisking, gradually pour in half of the hot milk mixture. Pour egg-milk mixture back into pan and cook over medium heat until thick. Boil pudding 1 minute more, whisking constantly, to eliminate any starchy taste.
- Off heat, stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts. Transfer pudding to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it on the surface. Chill pudding until cool.
- To assemble, layer banana slices on bottom of a 5 qt trifle dish (or glass bowl), Top banana with a third of the pudding and a layer of wafers. Repeat layering two times, top with final layer of bananas, cover and chill until cold.
- For the whipped cream, beat heavy cream and 1/2 c cream of coconut with a mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Top dessert with whipped cream and garnish with toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 562.1, Fat 32.4, SaturatedFat 23.5, Cholesterol 90.7, Sodium 124.5, Carbohydrate 67, Fiber 2, Sugar 46.4, Protein 3.7
BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- Remove crusts from bread and spread slices with jam on one side.
- Cut the bread slices in half diagonally.
- Arrange a 1/3 of the bread over the base of a 2 litre greased ovenproof dish.
- Top the bread with half of the sliced banana and half the coconut and sultanas.
- Repeat another layer of bread slices, topped with all of the remaining banana, coconut and sultanas.
- Finish off with a final layer of bread slices on top.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour over the dish and let dish stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Place a large baking dish (big enough to hold the pudding dish inside) with sides into the oven.
- Place the pudding dish in the larger dish.
- Now pour boiling water into the larger dish (not into the pudding!) until the water comes halfway up the sides of the pudding dish.
- Cook for 1 1/4 hours or until set.
- Cover the pudding with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Serve dusted with the icing sugar.
- This is fabulous with vanilla or macadamia nut icecream.
- Also lovely served with maple syrup or passionfruit sauce or any combination!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.6, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 109.8, Sodium 425, Carbohydrate 66.7, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 30, Protein 10.9
TOASTED COCONUT BANANA PUDDING FOR TWO
This is a mash-up of two of my favorite desserts, banana pudding and coconut cream pie. I sub in coconut milk and coconut cream to cut back on the dairy and add another layer of coconut flavor, then bump up the flavors with vanilla bean, toasted coconut, sliced bananas and crunchy vanilla wafers. Instead of committing to a big batch of pudding, you can make just enough for two servings in individual parfait glasses or jars.
Provided by Megan Mitchell
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the coconut milk with the vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium heatproof bowl until pale yellow, 1 to 2 minutes. It'll clump together but loosen up as you whisk.
- Ladle some of the hot coconut milk into the yolk mixture and whisk together, then pour back into the pot and whisk fully. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, then pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean heatproof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the surface of the pudding so a film doesn't form, then place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to assemble the puddings, take the canned coconut cream out of the fridge and open. Scoop the top solid part out, leaving the liquid in the can, and place in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. (Alternatively, place it in a large bowl and use a handheld mixer.) Add the confectioners' sugar and whisk on high speed for 20 seconds, then add 1 to 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the can, until your desired consistency is reached. The coconut whipped cream should be smooth and fluffy.
- To a parfait glass or glass jar, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the vanilla pudding followed by 5 or 6 slices of banana, 1 to 2 tablespoons of the coconut whipped cream, 2 wafer cookies crumbled and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Repeat this layering once more, then finish with a scoop of pudding, a scoop of whipped cream, 2 or 3 slices of banana, a crumbled vanilla wafer and sprinkle of toasted coconut. Repeat with the second glass. Serve right away.
More about "banana bread pudding with coconut recipes"
BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT PUDDING RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrsServings 36
BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH COCONUT CARAMEL SAUCE
COCONUT PUDDING BANANA BREAD - TWO PINK PEONIES
COCONUT BANANA BREAD PUDDING | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
3.4/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Dessert
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Gradually add in the coconut milk until combined.
- Cut crusts off the slices of bread, then cut into triangles and line them in a small baking dish. Sprinkle with diced bananas and layer with more bread. Repeat, ending with a top layer of bread. Pour ⅓ the coconut mixture over the bread and let it sit for 10 minutes to soak.
COCONUT BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
3.1/5 (11)Category DessertsAuthor Kate DonahueCalories 728 per serving
31 BANANA RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST AND DESSERT (WELL, MOSTLY ...
BANANA PUDDING WITH COCONUT | RECIPES.NET
BANANA-COCONUT BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
BANANA BREAD WITH PUDDING MIX | LEITE'S CULINARIA
COCONUT BANANA PUDDING - QUICK & EASY - MJ'S KITCHEN
DELICIOUS COCONUT BANANA BREAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
You'll also love