FROSTED BANANA BARS
These banana bars are always a hit at potlucks in the small rural farming community where my husband and I live. I also like to provide them for coffee hour after church. They're so moist and delicious that wherever I take them, they don't last long. -Karen Dryak, Niobrara, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended., Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 100mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
FROSTED BANANA BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter. Finally, mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Cholesterol 19.9 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 106.9 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar. Stir together and cook for a minute or two. Pour in the cream and stir it around to combine.
- Peel the bananas and slice them on the bias inside the peel. Drop the slices into the pan. Next, add the chopped nuts and stir them into the sauce. Then - and this is where you need to be a little careful - stir in the rum. Let it start to bubble, and then carefully use a long lighter to ignite it. (Be sure to have a lid handy in case you need to extinguish the flame.) Let the fire burn and go out (it'll only take about 30 seconds or so), and then stir in the cinnamon at the end. You may also cook the mixture without flambeing it.
- Spoon it over a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and enjoy immediately.
- Spoon bananas Foster over French toast, waffles or crepes. Substitute peaches, pears or cherries for the bananas. Of course, then it probably wouldn't be considered bananas Foster.
BANANAS FOSTER II
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.8 calories, Carbohydrate 73.2 g, Cholesterol 59.5 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 146.1 mg, Sugar 60.8 g
- Set ice cream out to soften. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, sugar, and rum over medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add bananas, and cook, gently swirling skillet, until bananas are just warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Scoop ice cream into bowls, and top with bananas and caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g
EASY BANANAS FOSTER
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced bananas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lower heat and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over a scoops of ice cream.
- Note: 1 oz of booze may be added during the last 2 minutes of cooking (Rum works well), add with the pan off of the heat- Beware of flaming.
BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE SQUARES
Bring four-star fare home with this Bananas Foster Cheesecake Squares recipe. With just 20 minutes of prep you can enjoy tasty Bananas Foster cheesecake!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese, rum extract and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in mashed bananas; pour over crust.
- Bake 30 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Slice remaining bananas; toss with lemon juice. Spoon over cheesecake. Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended. Drizzle over cheesecake; top with pecan halves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 28 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
BANANAS FOSTER COOKIES
I was in a Christmas baking frenzy, trying to decide what to make next. My roommate suggested something with bananas and walnuts, so I created this recipe. Rolling the dough in brown sugar adds a nice caramel touch. -Elizabeth Smith, Arnold, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs, bananas, rum and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and walnuts., Shape rounded teaspoons of dough into balls; roll in additional brown sugar. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 86mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "bananas foster bars recipes"
BANANAS FOSTER BARS - RECIPESNOW!
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BANANAS FOSTER BARS - FOODIE FIASCO
BANANAS FOSTER BARS | EATING CHALK
BANANAS FOSTER COOKIE BARS - ORGASMIC CHEF
RECIPES FOR BANANAS FOSTER : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
BANANAS FOSTER COOKIE BARS - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
BANANAS FOSTER BARS : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
BANANAS FOSTER TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BANANAS FOSTER CHEESCAKE BARS RECIPE | KITA ROBERTS
CLASSIC BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BANANAS FOSTER
BANANAS FOSTER BARS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BANANAS FOSTER - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
BANANAS FOSTER BARS RECIPE | BANANAS FOSTER, COOKIES RECIPES …
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
THIS BANANAS FOSTER COCKTAIL RECIPE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND - THRILLIST
EASY BROWN BUTTER BAKED BANANAS FOSTER - THE FLAVOR BENDER
BANANAS FOSTER BARS RECIPE - BIGOVEN.COM
PERFECT CLASSIC BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE (W/ BROWN SUGAR RUM SAUCE)
KETO "BANANAS" FOSTER BARS – GLOW LIFE FOODIE
HOW TO MAKE BANANAS FOSTER - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
HOW TO MAKE EASY BANANAS FOSTER - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
10-MINUTE BANANAS FOSTER [BANANA FLAMBE] - THE KITCHEN GIRL
BANANAS FOSTER BARS | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
BEST BANANAS FOSTER RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
NON-ALCOHOLIC BANANAS FOSTER - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
THE BEST BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE | LIFE LOVE & SUGAR
BANANAS FOSTER - PREPPY KITCHEN
BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BANANAS FOSTER | DESSERTS RECIPES - WEBER INC.
BEST THE PIONEER WOMAN'S BANANAS FOSTER RECIPES | THE PIONEER …
THE ULTIMATE BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE | JULIE BLANNER
CLASSIC BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SIMPLE BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE IN MINUTES - DESSERTS ON A DIME
BANANAS FOSTER - CULINARY HILL
EASY BANANAS FOSTER - LIFE BEGINS WITH DESSERT
BANANAS FOSTER - A NEW ORLEANS TRADITION SINCE 1946
BANANAS FOSTER - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BANANAS FOSTER SHOOTERS - AVERIE COOKS
BANANAS FOSTER COOKIE CUPS - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
BANANAS FOSTER BARS - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Bananas Foster?Watch how to make this recipe. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar. Peel the bananas and slice them on the bias inside the peel. Drop the slices into the pan. Spoon it over a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and enjoy immediately. Spoon bananas Foster over French toast, waffles or crepes.
How to make banana frosting for Christmas cake?Directions In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
How do you make mashed banana cake?Directions. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter. Finally, mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in...
What is the best way to cook sweet bananas?Sweet bananas are warmed in a buttery rum sauce and served over vanilla ice cream. Read the full recipe after the video. Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, rum, vanilla, and cinnamon and bring to a low boil. Place bananas and walnuts in the pan. Cook until bananas have softened, 1 to 2 minutes.