Since this savory sauce uses beef broth, instead of the pan drippings, it can be made ahead. Add arrowroot only when ready to serve. I usually use white mushrooms; I have also used chanterelles.
Provided by Jimmi
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium saute pan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms; cook and stir until soft. Remove mushrooms from pan, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan, and melt . Add shallots; cook and stir until translucent. Add mushrooms, and cook until soft. Add thyme, bay leaf, and red wine. Reduce.
- In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot in 1/4 cup cold beef broth. Stir remaining broth into sauce, and bring to a boil. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, and stir until thick. Add reserved mushrooms. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 38.1 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 499.8 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
MUSHROOM-BEEF SPAGHETTI SAUCE
"I got the recipe for this sauce in a recipe exchange and wish I could credit the person who gave it to me," says Meg Fisher of Marietta, Georgia. "My children love it! I added mushrooms, but if you'd like it even chunkier, add some bell pepper and other veggies, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. , Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 493mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEEF AND PASTA WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE AND VEGETABLES
I got this from a Kraft Canada Kitchens recipe a few months back. It's quick and easy to make. Vegetarians can omit the beef for a nice vegetarian pasta meal.
Provided by Cathy17
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta in a large pot.
- Strain and run cold water through.
- Cook beef in large non-stick skillet over medium heat with a little oil for about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve soup mix in water and add 2 cans mushroom soup to lipton soup mixture and mix.
- Pour over beef, add nutmeg and mix well.
- Cover, bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes, stir often.
- Stir in cooked pasta, mushrooms and peas or your choice of vegetables.
- (As an alteration, you can cook the pasta in the pot with the beef and soup. Add 3 cups of water instead of 2 and simmer until pasta is cooked, stirring often) Cook 10 minutes or until heated through stirring often.
- Remove from heat and toss with Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Leftovers can be used as a side dish for the next day's dinner.
- I served it with sliced london broil the next night.
- You can also substitute chicken for the beef or vegetarians can omit the meat altogether.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 906.3, Fat 65.5, SaturatedFat 24.9, Cholesterol 76.4, Sodium 936.8, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 2.5, Protein 14.9
PASTA WITH MUSHROOM AND SEASONAL VEGETABLE
This is a recipe I found when I was looking for something different to do with pasta. I adapted a basic pasta primavera to a livelier version. It is a little like a stroganoff sauce but spicier and not so creamy. It is also a very healthy recipe in that there's littlle fat - unless you use a load of parmesan. Although very quick and easy to make this is still quite an elegant dish. Basically you can add other vegetable in season. It is particularly nice to adda little black truffle shaving to the sauce but as this is an expensive ingredient it is not at all essential.
Provided by rmarcella56
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Chop the onion and gently saute in a little olive oil to soften. Add mushrooms, then the chopped pepper and finally the green beans. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add sherry and simmer on higher heat for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile boil pasta in salted water.
- When the sherry has reduced, lower heat and add a teaspoon of mustard and combine before blending in the milk.
- Dissolve cornflour in a little water and add to sauce stirring constantly until thickened. of milk. Continue to simmer the sauce over low heat until pasta is ready.
- Add a tablespoon of pasta water to the sauce before draining the pasta and then add the pasta to the sauce and combine - this adds to the flavour very significantly.
- Add salt & black pepper to taste. Tumble pasta and sauce into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- You can use any other vegetables in season but the mushrooms are essential.
BEEF MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI SAUCE
This recipe is the perfect meaty option for a classic Italian dish. I made this meal for the first time years ago, and I've been going back to it ever since.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. , Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 469mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "beef and pasta with mushroom sauce and vegetables recipes"
MUSHROOMS BEEF PASTA SAUCE - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE …
5/5 (5)Category Main CourseCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Once meat is browned well, then add the crushed plum tomatoes and the can of diced tomatoes. Mix well and stir slowly until sauce starts to boil. Lower heat to low. Make sure the plum tomatoes are soft so they can provide enough juice for cooking the sauce.
- Add bay leaves, parsley and oregano. Stir occasionally and let it simmer on low temperature. If you cook it on higher temps, sauce will dry up and burn. You want to keep the temperature low. Keep the pan covered when you're not stirring.
PASTA WITH BEEF MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
PASTA WITH BEEF AND CREAMY MUSHROOMS | RECIPE
GROUND BEEF & PASTA SKILLET RECIPE - EATINGWELL
BRAISED BEEF AND PASTA WITH ITALIAN MUSHROOM SAUCE …
PASTA WITH BEEF MUSHROOM SAUCE - (A)MUSING FOODIE
PASTA WITH BEEF AND MUSHROOM SAUCE; THE UPDATE
BEEF PASTA WITH BELL PEPPER AND MUSHROOM USING …
BEEF MUSHROOM PASTA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
BEEF MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST CREAMY BEEF AND MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPES
RECIPE: PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND VEGETABLES STEP BY STEP WITH …
CREAM OF MUSHROOM PASTA WITH VEGETABLES AND GROUND BEEF
BEEF MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR PASTA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GROUND BEEF AND MUSHROOM SKILLET RECIPE - EASY GOOD IDEAS
BEEF AND MUSHROOM PASTA SAUCE - TOMATO
BEEF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST GROUND BEEF CREAM OF MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPES
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - LET'S PASTA
BEEF MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR PASTA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PASTA WITH MUSHROOM BEEF SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BEEF RAVIOLI WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
BEEF WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE BEST RECIPES
BEEF MUSHROOMS PASTA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CREAMY BEEF AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - CAFE DELITES
BEEF STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - FOOD FUSION
CREAMY BEEF WITH MUSHROOM RECIPE | CREATE WITH NESTLÉ®
CHIPPED BEEF IN MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BEEF AND MUSHROOM SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 BEST GROUND BEEF MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER CREAMY BEEF-MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
BEEF AND MUSHROOM PASTA BAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEEF AND PASTA MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES
MUSHROOM BEEF PASTA RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
ITALIAN BEEF WITH SPAGHETTI RECIPES
BEEF MUSHROOM AND BROCCOLI PASTA - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
10 BEST CREAMY BEEF AND MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND STEAK PASTA - RECIPE BY BLACKBERRY BABE
ONE PAN BEEF WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | FOODTALK
ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM AND BEEF PASTA RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with ground beef and mushrooms?There are many iterations of the dish, but for this recipe, you use ground beef sauteed in a sweet and savory gravy as the main protein. Add carrot ribbons and mushrooms on top, season with hot sauce, and voila. 6. Beef and Mushroom Carbonara It’s carbonara but made 10 times extra special.
What can you make with ground beef pasta?Whether it’s lasagna, casseroles, or pasta bakes, there’s no end to the wondrous possibilities of pasta and beef. If you need some more wholesomeness in your life, one of these ground beef pasta recipes will do the trick. 1. Creamy Beef Pasta When things get a little hectic on the home front, this reliable recipe will save the day.
How do you make a mushroom sauce?Use a large pot or Dutch oven. Serve sauce topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you like. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add portobello mushrooms, button mushrooms, and onion.
How long does it take to prepare a ground beef and mushroom?Prep a ground beef and mushroom meal in 30 minutes or less! Did you like the recipe? Click on a star to rate it! Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2