BLUEBERRY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS
We love the whole wheat pastry flour in this muffin. Lower in gluten than regular white flour, it ups the fiber and provides tenderness.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the vegetable oil, sour cream, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs in another bowl. Fold the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until just combined, and then fold in the blueberries (don't worry if there are a few lumps).
- Divide evenly among the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with oats and turbinado sugar if using. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calorie, Fat 12 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 36 milligrams, Sodium 184 milligrams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 11 grams
WHOLE-WHEAT BERRY MUFFINS
These are a perfectly delicious breakfast muffin with loads of berry goodness and a tasty, wheaty backdrop. If you can find wild blueberries, use them-they are perfect for muffins because they're tiny and distribute beautifully without making the muffin soggy. If you use larger berries, like blackberries, slice them in half; otherwise they'll be too large. If you use frozen berries, bake the muffins for 26 minutes. If you use fresh, then 22 minutes should do it. Either way, check after 22 minutes to make sure you don't overbake. From Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with silicone liners or use a nonstick or silicone muffin pan.
- In a large measuring cup, use a fork to vigorously mix together the plant-based milk, flaxseeds, and vinegar. Mix for about a minute, until it appears foamy. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture. Add the applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla to the well and stir together. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix). Fold in the berries.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full and bake for 22 to 26 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely, about 20 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edges of each muffin to remove them from the pan.
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS
These muffins are spiced with cinnamon and allspice, and have plenty of sweet juicy blueberries. They are easy to prepare, but won't last long!
Provided by fresh fanatic
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoons flour, and pecans in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter, set aside.
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the mixture.
- Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blurberries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter into each of 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with reserved pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 19 to 21 minutes or until lighlty browned. Cool in pans on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from pans, and cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.2, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 21.2, Sodium 143.5, Carbohydrate 28, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 11.2, Protein 4.3
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
These yummy muffins are made with all whole wheat flour and lots of fresh blueberries. My husband says they're the best muffins he's ever tasted, and even my super picky kids love them!
Provided by My4NonBlondes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper liners. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk vegetable oil, egg, milk, and applesauce together in a separate bowl until smooth, and stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until moistened. Lightly stir in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until they rise and the tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 188 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 231.6 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
WHOLE WHEAT-OATMEAL AND BUTTERMILK BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
We developed this recipe years ago. Just remember to not over-mix the batter once you've added the wet to the dry. And we use Splenda, but you can use sugar. We also use the foil liners for the muffin pans, but use your favorite method. If you chose to use white flour, decrease the buttermilk by 1/4 cup.
Provided by OliveLover
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 24 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pans with foils, papers or grease and flour, whichever you prefer. Rinse fresh berries and set to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, powder, soda and salt using a wire whisk or your (clean) fingers.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sweetener and buttermilk together well.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture, and add the berries. Gently fold the mixture together, being careful not to break the berries and to just wet all the dry ingredients.
- The batter should be fluffy. Fill the wells in the muffin pans very full. If you only do the typical 2/3rds full, you'll need another half muffin pan to accommodate all the batter.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. If using foils or papers, remove the muffins from the pan as soon as you can. We find if we don't, any berry juice that has seeped out and touches the pan becomes like glue when cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 32.8, Sodium 586.4, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 9.2, Protein 7.3
WHOLE WHEAT-BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Whole wheat flour, a touch of honey and frozen organic blueberries star in classic blueberry muffins.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat milk, oil, honey and egg with spoon. Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened (batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Muffin, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "berry and spice whole wheat muffins recipes"
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE-WHEAT MUFFINS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 41 minsServings 12Calories 168 per serving
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - JUDY'S PRINTABLE RECIPES
BUCKWHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH CARDAMOM
WHOLE-WHEAT BERRY MUFFINS, FAT-FREE | CONTINENTAL | VEGAN | RECIPE
FRUIT, NUT, OR BERRY (OR WHATEVER YOU WANT THEM TO BE) WHOLE …
MIXED BERRY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS | PRODUCE FOR KIDS
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE-WHEAT MUFFINS
MIXED BERRY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS - SKINNYTASTE
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS | OUR KITCHEN INVENTIONS
BEST MUFFIN RECIPES (9+ INCREDIBLY TASTY MUFFINS TO BAKE FOR …
QUICK AND EASY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS - RECIPE GIRL
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE-WHEAT MUFFINS RECIPE | RECIPE | BLUEBERRY …
WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
100% WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BERRY-AND-SPICE WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS - PLAIN.RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - SAVORY THOUGHTS
WHOLE-GRAIN BLACKBERRY SPICE MUFFINS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
WHOLE WHEAT BERRY MUFFINS RECIPE
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS, BUT MAKE THEM WHOLE WHEAT — AND SWOON …
MORNING WHOLE WHEAT SPICE MUFFINS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
HEALTHY WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS - THERESCIPES.INFO
WHEAT BERRY MUFFINS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT-BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE, BUT MAKE THEM WHOLE WHEAT — AND …
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS …
WHOLE-WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - OH SWEET BASIL
QUICK WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE MUFFINS - FLOUR & SPICE
GRAIN BERRY BROWNIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
WHOLE WHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
WHOLE WHEAT APPLE MUFFINS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
WHOLE WHEAT APPLE SPICE MUFFINS - HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breads #breakfast #fruit #nuts #dietary #berries #blueberries #pasta-rice-and-grains #brunch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook whole wheat blueberry muffins?These whole wheat blueberry muffins are filled with whole grains and bursting with fresh fruit. These blueberry muffins make a great side for breakfast or a quick snack! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
What is the best way to make homemade muffin mix?Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Combine milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until batter is combined.
What is the best flour to make blueberry muffins?Flour: These blueberry muffins from scratch are made with half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The combination of the two helps to keep the texture of these muffins light. Baking powder: Helps the muffins rise and prevents them from being too dense. Salt: Enhances the flavor of the batter.
What can I substitute for whole wheat muffins?You can use whole wheat muffins recipe by adding in banana, chocolate chips, nuts, oats, or whatever you’d like. You can substitute the sugar for honey. For extra moisture, add about ¼ cup of sour cream or plain yogurt such as Greek yogurt to the batter.