WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
My kids say these are absolutely the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I usually put aside an afternoon and bake three batches because one batch doesn't make it past the second day.
Provided by Carrie Ann
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 60 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla until light.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.7, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 66.3, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 8.2, Protein 1
THE BEST CRISPY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are inspired by the thin and crispy style made popular by the Long Island bakery Tate's Bake Shop. In our version, we've upped the brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate chips for an even more flavorful and decadent treat.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Arrange racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl until completely combined. Beat the butter, oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer) on medium-high speed until creamy, about 5 minutes. The mixture will look broken but that's ok. Beat in 1 teaspoon water and the vanilla until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Reserve the rest.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Lightly press about 3 of the remaining chocolate chips into each cookie.
- Bake the cookies until they are a deep golden brown, rotating the pans halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with any remaining dough.
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We skipped the white sugar and went all in with dark brown sugar, which gives our cookies the ideal chewiness and perfect level of sweetness. Paired with the right amount of semisweet chocolate chips, this treat is a definite winner. The recipe makes a lot of cookies, but in our opinion, this is never a problem!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. (Use the paddle attachment for a stand mixer.) Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to scoop half the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Chill the remaining dough while you bake the first batch.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool the baking sheets completely, then line with parchment paper and repeat the scooping and baking process with the remaining dough.
PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
What makes these cookies truly "perfect" isn't anything radical; it's simply an attention to detail. The pastry chef Ravneet Gill was meticulous in developing her recipe, and all of her instructions exist for a reason. When she tells you to chill your dough overnight, don't think you can skip over that. (If you do, your cookies will spread.) When she instructs you to roll the dough into balls before transferring them to the fridge to rest, do as she says, and you'll get a nice plump, domed cookie instead of a sad flat one. Don't go swapping in milk chocolate for dark, and chop the chocolate into large chunks for those dramatic, dense puddles of goo. One allowance: If you don't have Maldon salt, another flaky salt or even kosher salt will do.
Provided by Charlotte Druckman
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 14 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the butter and both sugars in a stand mixer or mixing bowl. Cream together using a paddle attachment on medium speed, a handheld electric whisk or a wooden spoon for 1 to 2 minutes until paler but not fluffy. (Do not mix for too long; if you beat the mixture until super light and fluffy, that will cause the cookie to deflate later when cooking.)
- Add the egg and beat over medium speed until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (all the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt), then fold into the butter mixture using a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Immediately scoop out heaping 1/4-cup portions (about 60 grams), roll into balls and place on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 12 hours. (If space is tight, you can condense them on one sheet before refrigerating then redistribute among two sheets before baking.)
- The next day, heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure the dough balls are evenly spaced out among two baking sheets, as they will spread. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes (or 15 minutes if baking from frozen), until the cookies are puffed and golden at the edges. You want the middle to be ever so slightly not-quite set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet; they will continue firming up as they cool. Once cooled, eat! (These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The balls of dough will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer.)
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, blending just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and slightly gooey inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 16 g
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "best chocolate chip cookies recipes"
OUR 13 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW …
Author Margaux LaskeyPublished 2021-05-12
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. This fan-favorite recipe makes large cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers—perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans. Adding chopped pecans to this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gives them a nice crunch and nutty element that compliments the sweet chocolate perfectly.
- Big Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies. This basic chocolate chip cookie recipe makes a big batch—about 5 to 6 dozen. They freeze well, so you can sock some away for later.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you avoid dairy, try this tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses shortening instead of butter, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Try these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies that contain no eggs, dairy, or animal products of any kind. The kids will never notice the difference, and you’ll find yourself making them over and over again.
- Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies. These slice-and-bake cookies have more of a shortbread texture than the traditional kind, studded with ground chocolate chips that distribute more evenly in the dough.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. With rolled oats, bran flakes, and less sugar than many other chocolate chip cookies, these tasty treats are healthier than the traditional.
- Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies. This rich and decadent chocolate chip cookie has a gooey molten center, like the cookie version of the popular molten lava cake.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you can’t choose between chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, make this delicious cookie recipe, so you don’t have to.
- Lower-Calorie Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. While chocolate chip cookies are never a diet food, this recipe has fewer calories than the traditional for those trying to watch what they eat, along with oats for texture and nuttiness.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (FAMILY FAVORITES)
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (WITH VIDEO + COOKIE BAKING TIPS)
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JO COOKS
CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPE ALLRECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
13 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES | CANADIAN LIVING
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BROMA BAKERY
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! | GIMME SOME OVEN
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES, ACCORDING TO EATER EDITORS
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I’VE EVER MADE
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - PLAIN CHICKEN
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES
BEST CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA …
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - DELISH
SHEET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
GEMMA'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO)
THE VERY BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | KITCHN
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – MODERN HONEY
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CELEBRATING SWEETS
THE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | QUIERO POSTRE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best chocolate chip cookies?How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies? Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
How long do you bake chocolate chip cookies?I never bake them for more than 9 minutes Cool the chocolate chip cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely (or just eat them warm while the chocolate chips are melty)!
What kind of sugar do you use for chocolate chip cookies?You can use granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar. Brown sugar. I use light brown sugar in this recipe for the best results. Flour. I recommend using an unbleached, all-purpose flour to make these chocolate chip cookies. Many readers have used gluten-free all-purpose flour with excellent results. Sea Salt.
How do you know when chocolate chip cookies are done baking?You can see that they hardly shrink or deflate as they cool. If you only beat the butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes max, your cookies shouldn’t deflate! The key to the best soft cookies is to take the chocolate chip cookies out of the oven just before they look like they’re done baking. They should still appear slightly wet in the very center.