ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 17.9 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 63.1 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
I modified Beatrice's Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I've never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother's recipe away.
Provided by PANTHERA
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 107.2 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, blending just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and slightly gooey inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 16 g
SIMPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These classic cookies are a go-to sweet treat that are easy to whip up and store well-if they last! We use two kinds of sugar: granulated for crunch and brown for chewiness.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Position 2 racks in the center of the oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at time, beating after each addition to incorporate. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to medium, add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Roll the dough into balls with slightly wet hands. Bake, rotating the cookie sheets from upper to lower racks halfway through, until golden but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes (the longer the cook time, the crunchier the cookies). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Let the baking sheets cool completely, scoop the remaining dough onto 1 sheet and bake. Store the cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
More about "best chocolate chip cookies recipes"
BA'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.5/5 (1.1K)Servings 16
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°. Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook ½ cup (1 stick; 113 g) butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, swirling often and scraping bottom of pan with a heatproof rubber spatula, until butter foams, then browns, about 4 minutes. Transfer butter to a large heatproof bowl and let cool 1 minute. Cut remaining ¼ cup (½ stick; 56 g) butter into small pieces and add to brown butter (it should start to melt but not foam and sizzle, so test with one piece before adding the rest).
- Once butter is melted, add both sugars and whisk, breaking up any clumps, until sugar is incorporated and no lumps remain. Add egg and egg yolks and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk in vanilla. Using rubber spatula, fold reserved dry ingredients into butter mixture just until no dry spots remain, then fold in chocolate (the dough will be soft but should hold its shape once scooped; if it slumps or oozes after being scooped, stir dough back together several times and let rest 5–10 minutes until scoops hold their shape as the flour hydrates).
- Using a 1½-oz. scoop (3 Tbsp.), portion out 16 balls of dough and divide between 2 parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake cookies, rotating sheets if cookies are browning very unevenly (otherwise, just leave them alone), until deep golden brown and firm around the edges, 8–10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets. Do Ahead: Cookies can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 13 minsCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (609)Total Time 23 minsCategory DessertsCalories 250 per serving See details »
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER
4.7/5 (345)Estimated Reading Time 10 minsServings 48Total Time 22 mins See details »
10 BEST WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ...
See details »
OUR 11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Author Margaux LaskeyPublished 2021-05-12
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
4.1/5 (150)Calories 222 per servingCategory Cookies, Dessert See details »
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
4.6/5 Calories 251 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds to just barely melt it. It shouldn’t be hot – but it should be almost entirely in liquid form.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds or so (if you beat the egg for too long, the cookies will be stiff).
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. It should form one large ball that is easy to handle (right at the stage between “wet” dough and “dry” dough). Add the chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls (or 9 for HUGELY awesome cookies) and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden.Warning, friends: DO NOT OVERBAKE. This advice is probably written on every cookie recipe everywhere, but this is essential for keeping the cookies soft. Take them out even if they look like they’re not done yet (see picture in the post). They’ll be pale and puffy.
15 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Browning butter gives it a toasty nutty flavor that levels up these chocolate chip cookies. It only takes a few extra minutes but makes this childhood favorite taste all grown up.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. This fan-favorite recipe makes large cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers—perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies have a secret ingredient that gives them their tender texture: instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans. Adding chopped pecans to this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gives them a nice crunch and nutty element that compliments the sweet chocolate perfectly.
- Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies. Plenty of butter gives these chocolate chip cookies a tender texture and rich flavor. Feel free to add chopped pecans or walnuts or even more chocolate chips if you have a real sweet tooth, but they taste great as-is, too.
- Big Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies. This basic chocolate chip cookie recipe makes a big batch—about 5 to 6 dozen. They freeze well, so you can sock some away for later.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you avoid dairy, try this tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses shortening instead of butter, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Try these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies that contain no eggs, dairy, or animal products of any kind. The kids will never notice the difference, and you’ll find yourself making them over and over again.
- Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies. These slice-and-bake cookies have more of a shortbread texture than the traditional kind, studded with ground chocolate chips that distribute more evenly in the dough.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. With rolled oats, bran flakes, and less sugar than many other chocolate chip cookies, these tasty treats are healthier than the traditional.
GEMMA'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO)
Category DessertCalories 320 per serving
- In a separate bowl melt the butter. Add in both white and brown sugars and whisk vigorously for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in one egg to the sugar-butter mixture, stirring until it's fully mixed in. Scrape the sides of the bowl with your spatula.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – MODERN HONEY
5/5 (39)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if not chilling the dough). Check your oven temperature using an oven thermometer since some ovens run hot. If you suspect your oven runs hot, preheat oven to 385 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- If time permits, wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours. If not, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets. I suggest using parchment paper or Silpat silicone baking sheets on light-colored baking sheets. If you using dark colored baking sheets, the bottoms of the cookies may brown quickly and can burn. I suggest using light-colored cookie sheets.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | THICK, CHEWY, HUGE!
4.3/5 (46)Total Time 1 hr 38 minsCategory Cookies, Dessert, Snack See details »
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | SALLY'S BAKING ...
4.9/5 (205)Category Dessert
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add into the wet ingredients, then beat on low speed until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly thick. On low speed, beat the chocolate chips. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Category DessertCalories 183 per serving See details »
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - DEAR CRISSY
4.4/5 (3.4K)Servings 20Cuisine AmericanCategory Desserts
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla extract and the vinegar until smooth. Beat in the egg just until combined.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE ROUNDUP - CHOWHOUND
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins See details »
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES [+ TIPS FOR THE ...
Author Lisa Kaminski See details »
THE BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - BUNDLE CHEAP
See details »
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
RECIPE OF FAVORITE EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | BEST ...
See details »
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER (TRIBUTE) - BARRY LEWIS
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love