CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This is such an easy chocolate chip cookie. No special equipment, no creaming -- a perfect cookie to do with kids. We love how versatile this dough is, too. It makes an awesome rocky road bar cookie.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- For a Rocky Road Bar:
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Make the batter as per cookie recipe and fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and the batter sets, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cover surface with 4 cups marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips. Broil at least 8 inches from the heat until marshmallows turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on the marshmallows, and turn the pan frequently--they go from golden to char in a wink.) Cool, cut and serve.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 17.9 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 63.1 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 20.2 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 180 mg, Sugar 18.2 g
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, blending just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and slightly gooey inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 16 g
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to egg mixture, and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Instead of just dropping them onto the cookie sheet, I roll the cookies into balls - it makes them all look very uniform and nice!
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to15 minutes, or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 8.9 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 169 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
More about "best chocolate chip cookies recipes"
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 13 minsCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE (SERIOUSLY) - CRAZY FOR ...
Ratings 163Calories 150 per servingCategory Dessert
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (140)Calories 120 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of you mixer add the sugars and melted butter and mix well until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt to the bowl and beat on low speed until well incorporated, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix until crumbles form. Note that you could mix your flour with the salt and baking soda, but I don't find that it makes a difference at all.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER
4.7/5 (345)Estimated Reading Time 10 minsServings 48Total Time 22 mins
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (617)Total Time 23 minsCategory DessertsCalories 250 per serving
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
Ratings 13Calories 141 per servingCategory Dessert, Snack, Baking, Cookie
10 BEST WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ...
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ...
4.9/5 (223)Category Dessert
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add into the wet ingredients, then beat on low speed until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly thick. On low speed, beat the chocolate chips. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
OUR 11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW …
Author Margaux LaskeyPublished 2021-05-12
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. This fan-favorite recipe makes large cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers—perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans. Adding chopped pecans to this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gives them a nice crunch and nutty element that compliments the sweet chocolate perfectly.
- Big Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies. This basic chocolate chip cookie recipe makes a big batch—about 5 to 6 dozen. They freeze well, so you can sock some away for later.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you avoid dairy, try this tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses shortening instead of butter, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Try these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies that contain no eggs, dairy, or animal products of any kind. The kids will never notice the difference, and you’ll find yourself making them over and over again.
- Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies. These slice-and-bake cookies have more of a shortbread texture than the traditional kind, studded with ground chocolate chips that distribute more evenly in the dough.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. With rolled oats, bran flakes, and less sugar than many other chocolate chip cookies, these tasty treats are healthier than the traditional.
- Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies. This rich and decadent chocolate chip cookie has a gooey molten center, like the cookie version of the popular molten lava cake.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you can’t choose between chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, make this delicious cookie recipe, so you don’t have to.
- Lower-Calorie Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. While chocolate chip cookies are never a diet food, this recipe has fewer calories than the traditional for those trying to watch what they eat, along with oats for texture and nuttiness.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Category DessertCalories 183 per serving
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory DessertsCalories 69 per serving
THE BEST PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - REAL LIFE DINNER
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BETTY CROCKER RECIPE - ALL ...
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | RECIPE CART
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BEST RECIPES
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES OF ALL TIME - CULLY ...
ANTHONY UNDERWOOD SHARES 'PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make chocolate chip cookies?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet.
What kind of cookies are chocolate chip cookies?These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a traditional cookie that melts in your mouth with every bite. Let the chocolate warm you with its decadent taste and overwhelming comfort from every cookie. If you are looking for other classic cookie recipes try these Perfectly Soft Peanut Butter Cookies, Butter Pecan Cookies, or Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.
How do you make the best Christmas cookies at home?In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
How do you make chocolate chip cookies with walnuts?Directions. Make the batter as per cookie recipe and fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and the batter sets, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cover surface with 4 cups marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips.