PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- Prepare the Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13- x 9-inch pan with baking spray with flour; set aside. Beat butter with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition and stopping to scrape down side of bowl as needed. Add peanut butter; beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. With mixer running on low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk, in alternating batches, to butter mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture and making sure each addition is fully incorporated before adding the next. Stir in vanilla. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, and smooth top with a small off-set spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake is light brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes . Remove from oven, and let cool in pan on a wire rack until completely cool, about 2 hours.
- Prepare the Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy and blended, about 2 minutes. With mixer running on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar and salt, beating until well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, and beat on low speed until incorporated, about 10 seconds. Add cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake, and sprinkle with peanuts.
BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, oil, and brown sugar. Beat until combined and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat just until combined.Alternately add the flour and buttermilk to the wet mixture, beating just until combined. Be careful not to over-beat or the cake will be dense and dry. A few small lumps of flour is fine.
- Grease a 9X3 inch round baking pan (I use Magic Line pans). Pour the batter into the pan.Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out moist (not wet with batter but moist. If the toothpick is dry, the cake is over-baked and will be dry). Let the cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To Make the Frosting: In the meantime place the peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, continuing to beat. Add the heavy cream until you reach a spreadable consistency. (Note: This is a fairly stiff frosting.)Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally. Frost the bottom half of the cake and down the sides. Place the top layer of the cake, upside down, on top of the bottom layer. Frost the top layer and down the sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597 kcal, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 42 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Sodium 482 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 39 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each one. Add cake mix alternately with the water. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Allow cakes to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Assemble and frost with Peanut Butter Frosting once cool.
- To Make Peanut Butter Frosting: Combine 1 cup peanut butter, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine cream together until light and fluffy. Add the confectioner's sugar. Mix in enough cream to make the frosting of a spreading consistency. Apply to cool cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695.9 calories, Carbohydrate 81.1 g, Cholesterol 111.7 mg, Fat 38.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 11.5 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 550.6 mg, Sugar 63.1 g
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl. Beat 1/2 cup milk, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into flour mixture using an electric mixer on low until smooth.
- Cook and stir water, 1/2 cup butter, vegetable oil, and 1/2 cup peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir peanut butter mixture into flour mixture until batter is well mixed; pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth; add 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk confectioners' sugar into mixture until icing is smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour icing over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.6 calories, Carbohydrate 62.3 g, Cholesterol 43.8 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 199.6 mg, Sugar 50.9 g
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE V
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup peanut butter and 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, 1 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter. Mix well and pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly, then sprinkle streusel over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.9 calories, Carbohydrate 38.4 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 233.1 mg, Sugar 21.9 g
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE IV
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, oil, eggs, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the frosting: In a large bowl, combine 1 cup peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla, then milk to desired consistency. Spread on cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 870.3 calories, Carbohydrate 119.8 g, Cholesterol 72.5 mg, Fat 39.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 14.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 505.4 mg, Sugar 97.7 g
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with 3/4 cup milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- To make Peanut Butter Frosting: In a large bowl, cream peanut butter; gradually beat in half of confectioners' sugar. Add remaining confectioners' sugar alternately with 1 cup of milk, beating until smooth enough to spread. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread frosting on top of cake and sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, Carbohydrate 98.8 g, Cholesterol 123 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 16.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 438.6 mg, Sugar 77.4 g
FAMILY-FAVORITE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
My grandmother and aunts made this for family gatherings to go along with fresh homemade ice cream. I now share it with my family and friends during special gatherings. -Keith Gable, Goddard, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large saucepan, bring peanut butter, butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, buttermilk, applesauce, eggs, baking powder, vanilla, salt and baking soda until smooth., Pour into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes., In a small saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat; add milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEST EVER PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKES
- Heat oven to 425°F Butter 4 (3/4-cup) custard cups or soufflé dishes and place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar; mix well. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Pour 1/2 the batter evenly into prepared cups. Spoon 1 tablespoons peanut butter into centre of batter in each cup. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small knife around edges of cakes to loosen.
- Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Cut in half to serve.
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE WITH CRUMB TOPPING-AWARD WINNING
This recipe won a state food recipe contest and was printed in a best cake recipes in 1992. It is very good, easy to make and the crumb topping is much better than frosting.
Provided by Dixie from Kansas
Yield 1 9x13 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350.
- spray 13x9 baking pan.
- beat together butter, peanut butter and honey in large bowl until well blended.
- blend in eggs and vanilla.
- sift together dry ingredents add to peanut butter mixture alternating with buttermilk beating well with each addition.
- pour into prepared pan.
- combine topping ingredents and crumble over cake batter.
- bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center come out clean.
- serve warm or room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.6, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 39, Sodium 313.5, Carbohydrate 45.7, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 30.3, Protein 7.5
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE (PAULA DEEN)
This looked delicious. I am posting for safe keeping. Hope to make this soon. She poured the warm frosting over the hot cake. She also added the vanilla to the frosting after it was taken off the burner. She also added whipped cream to the piece she was eating,
Provided by Jane from Ohio
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 375-degree if use a metal pan.
- 325 degrees if using a glass dish.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Add graham cracker crumbs
- peanut butter.
- milk and vanilla.
- beat mixture with electric mixer on low until moistened.
- then beat on meduim for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs
- beat for 1 minute.
- Bake in greased 9 x 13 inch pan for.
- 30 to 35 minutes.
- Do not remove from pan to cool.
- For the frosting.
- mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour into saucepan.
- bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly
- With wooden spoon handle.
- poke holes in the cake.
- then pour the warm frosting over it.
PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE
I received this recipe from a minister's wife, and my family loves it. -Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine water and butter; bring just to a boil. Stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Stir into flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes., Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until blended. Spoon over warm cake, spreading evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
FUDGY PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
I clipped this easy peanut butter cake recipe from a newspaper years ago. The house smells fantastic while it's slow cooking. My husband and son enjoy the cake with ice cream and nuts on top. -Bonnie Evans, Norcross, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray., In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir). , Cover and cook on high until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1-1/2-2 hours. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 160mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BEST EVER PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE
I cant begin to explain how good this is! It is amazing! If you are a peanut butter lover, you may want to try this.
Provided by OceanIvy
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine the crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press into 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. While baking crust, prepare the peanut butter mixture.
- With fork, cut in powdered sugar and peanut butter until balls form.
- Add in brown sugar; combine well and pour into crust.
- Place oven temperature to 350°.
- Combine the soft cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat 5 minutes.
- Pour over peanut butter mixture.
- Bake at until done, around 35 minutes. Cool at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4825.4, Fat 286.8, SaturatedFat 135.1, Cholesterol 993.9, Sodium 3119.3, Carbohydrate 512, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 442.5, Protein 79.8
More about "best peanut butter cake ever recipes"
BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEANUT …
OUR FAVORITE PEANUT-BUTTER CAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
THE ULTIMATE PEANUT BUTTER LOVER'S CAKE - BETHCAKES
THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE - BACK FOR SECONDS
10 BEST BEST BUTTER CAKE IN THE WORLD RECIPES | YUMMLY
REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE - BUTTERY SWEET
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER POUND CAKE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE
BEST EVER PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE - AT MIMI'S TABLE
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE - THE BEST EVER! | SUGAR …
10 BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE (MILK BAR INSPIRED) - SWEETEST MENU
BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE EVER: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE EVER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
39 DESSERTS FOR THE SERIOUS PEANUT BUTTER LOVER - TASTE OF HOME
BETTER-THAN-ANYTHING PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - AVERIE COOKS
OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - SIMPLE, ONE-BOWL, 45 MINUTES
21 OF THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES EVER | HUFFPOST LIFE
WORLD'S BEST PEANUT BUTTER BARS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
BROWNIES RECIPES: 10 SIMPLE AND AMAZING RECIPES
10 BEST REESE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
OLD-FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
CAKE BY COURTNEY: THE BEST EVER CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
THE MOST AMAZING PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER CAKE | MUST TRY PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - CINCYSHOPPER
THE BEST BUTTER CAKE EVER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - JUST SO TASTY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a peanut butter cake?Directions 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet. ... 2 Whisk flour, white sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl. ... 3 Cook and stir water, 1/2 cup butter, vegetable oil, and 1/2 cup peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. ... More items...
How to make peanut butter buttercream frosting?Directions. Melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth; add 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk confectioners' sugar into mixture until icing is smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour icing over warm cake.
How do you make peanut butter cookies in the oven?Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine water and butter; bring just to a boil. Stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Stir into flour mixture.
What are the best peanut butter recipes ever?Here are 21 of the best peanut butter recipes ever. Slice. Of. Heaven. Get the recipe. No bake. The quicker you make 'em, the quicker you can eat em'. Get the recipe. Gluten and dairy free, flavor full. Get the recipe. Knock your socks off good. Get the recipe. Oh yeah. Get the recipe. Double chocolate. Double delicious. Get the recipe.