REFRIED BLACK BEANS
- Place black beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Place beans in a pot and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer beans until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add black beans, green chiles, chili powder, and cumin; cook and stir until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Blend black bean mixture in a food processor until smooth. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, vinegar, and salt; blend until desired consistency is reached. Return beans to pot and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.7 calories, Carbohydrate 45.6 g, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 11.2 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 272 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
This is my burrito filling recipe. I am bad about measuring and even worse about writing it down and changing it as I go. Feel free to taste test this and add stuff that your family enjoys! Please let me know your ideas! This uses my seasoning recipe #166030 166030. If you are using another, use the amounts specified for that particular one. The amount here would equal two, 1.25 store bought packets.
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Saute onion in a large skillet adding garlic and cilantro during the last minute or two.
- Add meat and seasonings and stir well. Allow to saute for a minute or two, letting the meat absorb some of the flavors.
- When it seems that it is really dry and the mixture is starting to stick add the tomatoes and liquid and scrape all the browned bits from the bottom. TONS of flavor there. Add sugar if using. ( The sugar makes the tomatoes taste more like home grown and home canned or even organic).
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or so. When you are ready to use the mixture return heat to high and cook off almost all the liquid so that your filling is not runny or wet.
- Use to fill tortillas or in a casserole.
BLACK BEAN AND RICE BURRITOS
An easy and expandable burrito base. Add bacon, avocado, pico de gallo, or whatever you wish. Sprinkle each burrito with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, lettuce, and sour cream. Wrap, eat, and be happy.
Provided by Bobikel
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Melt 1 more tablespoon butter with onions and garlic; stir chili powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cloves, and nutmeg into mixture. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Stir black beans and tomato sauce into contents of skillet; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook until flavors blend, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir cilantro into the sauce, and let cilantro wilt, about 5 more minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1/3 cup bean mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.2 calories, Carbohydrate 72.5 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 7.9 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 894.9 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
QUICK BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.-Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 burritos.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "blackbeanburritofillingorsidedish recipes"
MEXICAN STYLE BLACK BEAN BURRITO RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
10 BEST MEXICAN BLACK BEANS AND CORN SIDE DISH RECIPES ...
BLACK BEAN BURRITO FILLING OR SIDE DISH RECIPE - MEXICAN ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Black BeansCalories 265 per serving
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, jalapeno, garlic and onion; Sauté for 2 or 3 minutes.
BEST EVER MEXICAN BLACK BEANS FOR TACOS AND MORE ...
Ratings 2Calories 136 per servingCategory Beans
SEASONED BLACK BEANS SIDE DISH - HONEY AND BIRCH
Reviews 22Calories 425 per servingCategory Side Dishes
SPICY BLACK BEAN BURRITOS - CHATELAINE
3.9/5 (14)Total Time 23 minsServings 8Calories 152 per serving
BEEF+BEAN+BURRITO MAIN DISH | BIGOVEN
BEST NONSTICK FRYING PAN: BLACKBEARD | TASTING TABLE
BLACK BEAN BURRITO FILLING OR SIDE DISH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY BEEF BEAN BURRITO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST BLACK BEAN SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACK BEAN BURRITO FILLING OR SIDE DISH RECIPE - MEXICAN ...
BLACK BEAN BURRITO FILLING OR SIDE DISH RECIPE
GROUND BEEF, BLACK BEAN, AND CORN BURRITOS - COMPLETELY ...
EASY BLACK BEAN BURRITOS - SAFEWAY
490 EASY AND TASTY BEEF STRIPS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - …
14 BEST SIDE DISHES FOR BURRITOS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
RECIPE: TASTY SPICY BEAN BURRITOS - FOOD NEWS
BRAISED BEEF AND BORLOTTI BEANS : DOWNLOAD RECIPE ...
FREEZER MEAL RECIPES: BLACK BEAN AND CORN BURRITOS - FOOD NEWS
BRAISED BEEF AND BORLOTTI BEANS - BRAISED OXTAIL STEW ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a black bean burrito?To begin making the Black Bean Burrito recipe, pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks.Keep it aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat, add the chopped garlic and coriander stalks and fry till they become brown. Add the cooked beans, mix it well and cook for a minute.
What can I make with Canned black beans?This seasoned black beans recipe is the perfect side dish for tacos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes! Easy to make with canned black beans. Originally published September 2017, updated September 2019.
How to make refried black beans in a food processor?Directions. Heat oil in a skillet over medium; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add black beans, green chiles, chili powder, and cumin; cook and stir until flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Blend black bean mixture in a food processor until smooth.
What's the best side dish to make with black beans?This seasoned black beans recipe is your new favorite side dish recipe! Perfect for Taco Tuesday alongside rice, burritos, and any other Mexican dishes! Combine all ingredients, except the salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.