BAKED BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs milk, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Dip brioche in egg mixture, then arrange in dish, overlapping slightly. Pour remaining egg mixture over brioche, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 30 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle blueberries in between and on top of the bread slices. Bake until puffed and custard is just set, 55 to 65 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Let cool 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
STUFFED BLUEBERRY TOAST
I made this for the first time with my daughter on Mother's Day. I think it is a great recipe for any breakfast where you wish to indulge. Very easy, quick and versatile to your taste. Berries, nuts, and bread can be changed to your favorites. Have fun and enjoy!
Provided by polarbyte
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir the cream cheese, almonds, brown sugar, and lemon juice together in a bowl until the mixture is soft and thoroughly combined; spread over one side of each bread slice. Place 1/4 of the blueberries onto a bread slice; press down on the berries to keep them from rolling off. Top the blueberries with a cream cheese-spread slice. Repeat 3 more times with remaining berries to make 4 blueberry sandwiches.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a bowl until blended. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
- Dip each blueberry sandwich into the egg mixture on both sides; fry in the prepared skillet until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.5 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 158.3 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 563.3 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter. Cut 10 slices of the bread into 3/4 inch cubes. Spread Neufchatel cheese over one side of the remaining 6 slices of bread. Arrange the bread, cheese side up, in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the blueberries, then top with the bread cubes.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl. Pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the nutmeg and 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make compote: Heat cornstarch, water and remaining 1 cup of sugar over medium heat and bring to a simmer, cooking until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and the remaining 1 cup of blueberries. Serve with the french toast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.9 calories, Carbohydrate 56 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 352.6 mg, Sugar 37.2 g
EASY BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This is a variation on other recipes. I much prefer this one because it takes less ingredients and has much less sugar, and I never have sour cream in the house for more than an hour before somebody has devoured it with Doritos! I'm going to experiment sometime next week with making REAL stuffed (without the white bread--just thick hollow French Bread).
Provided by Dying4Eternity
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- When you cut the crusts off the bread, be sure to save as much of the bread part as possible, and cut off JUST the crust.
- Grease an 8x8-inch glass dish.
- Lay the slices of white bread, with crusts removed on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle bread with blueberries and ensure good coverage.
- Place cream cheese and butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you're rather do this with a pan, feel free--remember to stir!
- When the cream cheese goo is hot and well mixed, carefully stir in sugar and almond extract.
- Carefully smear cream cheese over the blueberry mixture.
- Layer the 4 (if your French bread is small, you may have to use more, the point is to have the French Bread cover the dish) French bread slices on top of the cream cheese.
- In a tall glass or jar crack 4 eggs and add the milk and cinnamon.
- Whisk with a fork until well blended.
- Carefully pour egg mixture on the French bread and slightly squish the French bread with a fork to help the absorption.
- Ensure that all the French bread slices are well covered.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil (spray with cooking oil so it doesn't stick).
- Let sit in the fridge overnight, or for at least 3-4 hours.
- When its ready, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- If you feel that its not cooked well enough, please cook longer--its at your discretion!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751, Fat 38.9, SaturatedFat 21, Cholesterol 283.2, Sodium 826.4, Carbohydrate 82.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 32.8, Protein 20.4
BLUEBERRY-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut a pocket horizontally in each slice of bread. Fill with blueberries. , In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, orange zest, orange juice, salt and remaining sugar. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, being careful to not squeeze out berries. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 14-17 minutes or until golden brown, carefully turning once., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the first five sauce ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in fruit and heat through. Serve with French toast; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 118mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
From the Hennessey House Bed & Breakfast, Napa, California. This is very rich but so good. Time does not include overnight time in the refrigerator. Use a good quality syrup from the NE.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grease the bottom of one pyrex dish (9x13).
- Cut off the crust of each piece of bread, approximately 18 slices. Spray your dish with Pam cooking spray, and layer the bottom of the dish with half of the bread.
- Cut your cream cheese into one-inch squares and sprinkle over the entire layer of French bread. Take half of the bag of berries and sprinkle over the cream cheese.
- Add your second layer of bread on top of your cream cheese and berries.
- Mix the eggs, milk and syrup together in a mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl and pour over the top layer of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to bake.
- Bake covered with foil (spray foil with Pam to keep toast from sticking) for about one hour or more in a 375ºF oven. Remove the foil during the last 15 minutes until lightly browned and the top of the bread in the center feels slightly dry.
- Blueberry Sauce:.
- Mix sugar and water together. Bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes. Add the berries and reduce heat when mixture returns to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Just before serving, thicken with a lump-free mixture of cornstarch and a small amount of water. Stir constantly until thickened to desired consistency. The cornstarch reacts to boiling water, add your mixture at the boiling point. Sauce is done when it coats the back of a spoon! This can be done the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
BAKED BLUEBERRY-PECAN FRENCH TOAST WITH BLUEBERRY SYRUP
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cut twenty 1-inch slices from baguette and arrange in one layer in baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 3/4 cup brown sugar and pour evenly over bread. Chill mixture, covered, until all liquid is absorbed by bread, at least 8 hours, and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow baking pan spread pecans evenly and toast in middle of oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Toss pecans in pan with 1 teaspoon butter and salt.
- Increase temperature to 400°F.
- Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread mixture. Cut 1/2 stick butter into pieces and in a small saucepan heat with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, stirring, until butter is melted. Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake mixture 20 minutes, or until any liquid from blueberries is bubbling.
- Make syrup while French toast is baking:
- In a small saucepan cook blueberries and maple syrup over moderate heat until berries have burst, about 3 minutes. Pour syrup through a sieve into a heatproof pitcher, pressing on solids, and stir in lemon juice. Syrup may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat syrup before serving.
- Serve French toast with syrup.
More about "blueberry stuffed french toast recipes"
BLUEBERRY AND MASCARPONE-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST …
4.5/5 (14)Calories 434 per serving
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish. Cut each baguette into 1-inch slices, cutting to but not through bottom of loaf. For filling: In a medium bowl beat mascarpone and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon filling between baguette slices; arrange baguettes side by side in prepared dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, remaining vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover dish. In a small bowl stir together remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over bread. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set, covering with foil the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Remove; let cool slightly. Makes 12 servings.
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | PETE AND GERRY'S ORGANIC …
4/5 (8)Category Desserts Snacks And AppsServings 8-9
- Using a whisk or hand mixer on low speed, stir together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and lemon juice until well blended and spreadable. Set aside.
- Lay all the bread slices out on a clean counter or baking pans. Drop one tablespoon of cream cheese filling on top of each bread slice, and using a spoon or butter knife, spread filling to cover the surface evenly (if using an artisan style loaf that is larger than a standard loaf, you may need to add extra filling to properly cover the whole slice).
- Sprinkle 8-10 blueberries over half of the slices (add extra blueberries if desired). Top each blueberry bread slice with a non-blueberry slice (with the filling side facing inwards and press the two pieces together to seal the sandwich.
LEMON BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BOBBI'S KOZY KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - BLUEBERRY.ORG
Servings 8Calories 200 per servingCategory Breakfast & Brunch, Using Frozen Blueberries
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - STONEWALL KITCHEN
Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - COOKING ON THE RANCH
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Breakfast RecipesCalories 595 per serving
- Grease 13 x 9 baking pan. Place half the bread cubes evenly in prepared pan. Scatter cream cheese cubes over bread and sprinkle with 2 cups blueberries. Arrange remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, maple syrup, and milk and whisk to blend. Pour evenly over reserved bread mixture. Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake, covered with foil, in middle of oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 30 minutes longer. Or until puffed and golden brown.
LEMON CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
4.6/5 (5)Category BreakfastServings 6Total Time 19 mins
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling: In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon curd, and sugar until smooth. Add cream and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form.
- Put filling into a piping bag fitted with a small round piping tip and set aside. Preheat a griddle to medium heat about 350°.
- Slice the bread into six 1.5 inch thick slices. Cut a slit in the bottom of each slice of bread to create a pocket to fill with cream cheese filling after cooking.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and salt. Dip bread slices into the mixture. Flip bread and soak second side. Coat the griddle with butter and fry until golden brown on both sides.
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - JERSEY GIRL COOKS
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 306 per serving
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or large casserole dish. Place the bread cubes in baking dish, and lightly mix in the blueberries. In a medium size bowl, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla, bourbon and white sugar. Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl mix together the brown sugar, flour and salt. Mix in the butter using a fork, your hands or a pastry blender until mixed but small crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the soaked bread. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until top is golden brown and center of the casserole is set the way you like it.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - EASY CHICKEN ...
Ratings 3Calories 558 per servingCategory Breakfast, Brunch
BLUEBERRY AND CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | CREATIVE ...
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 8Calories 710 per serving
BLUEBERRY BANANA STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | FOOD FOR LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BLUEBERRY-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE BY RACHAEL PACK
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 16
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - FLAVORITE
5/5 (2)Category Breakfast
BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
LEMON BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST - CAFE DELITES
Servings 4Calories 246 per serving
HEAVENLY BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WAFFLES • FAITH ...
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastServings 4Total Time 30 mins
COPYCAT RECIPES IHOP FRENCH TOAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BAKED BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE / VIEW RECIPE ...
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BLUEBERRY BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - BAR HARBOR, MAINE ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #eggs-dairy #fruit #oven #easy #refrigerator #beginner-cook #kid-friendly #romantic #dietary #seasonal #inexpensive #berries #blueberries #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make blueberry toast with cream cheese?Stir the cream cheese, almonds, brown sugar, and lemon juice together in a bowl until the mixture is soft and thoroughly combined; spread over one side of each bread slice. Place 1/4 of the blueberries onto a bread slice; press down on the berries to keep them from rolling off.
How long to bake Blueberry French toast casserole?Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle blueberries in between and on top of the bread slices. Bake until puffed and custard is just set, 55 to 65 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Let cool 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
How to make blueberry bread with blueberries?Arrange the bread, cheese side up, in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the blueberries, then top with the bread cubes. Whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl. Pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
What's the best way to make stuffed blueberries?Place 1/4 of the blueberries onto a bread slice; press down on the berries to keep them from rolling off. Top the blueberries with a cream cheese-spread slice. Repeat 3 more times with remaining berries to make 4 blueberry sandwiches. Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a bowl until blended.