BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM WHISKEY SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Soak raisins in warm water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Lighly grease a 9-inch-glass casserole and fill with French bread cubes(use enough bread to come all the way to the top of the pan).
- Sprinkle raisins on top.
- In large bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and melted butter.
- Pour over the bread and raisins and lighly fold in using a spatula.
- Allow the bread to soak for 30 minutes. The pan will be very full. If you have too much batter, discard the excess. If there is not enough to fill the pan add additional half-and-half or milk.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the pudding is golden brown and puffed up around the edges. The center should be "set" but still a little soft.
- To make the whiskey sauce:
- In a small bowl beat eggs together with whiskey. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Quickly whisk in the beaten eggs and whiskey.
- Place the sauce back on the stove over low heat and whisk constantly until the sauce has slightly thickened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- NOTE: If over cooked the sauce will curdle.
- Keep warm until serving.
NEW ORLEANS STYLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bread in a large bowl. Grease a 9 by 13-inch casserole dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and raisins in a large bowl. Whisk to mix. Pour the cream mixture over the bread, and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the casserole dish and bake until the center of the bread pudding is set, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Garnish the bread pudding with confectioners' sugar and serve warm with warm Whiskey Sauce.
- In a 1-quart saucepan set over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and sugar. Place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the bourbon in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend and make a slurry. Pour the slurry into the cream mixture and bring to a boil. Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat, add the salt, and stir in the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup of bourbon. Serve warm.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
Serve whiskey Sauce over bread pudding - a flavorful dessert made with eggs, vanilla and whipped cream.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch glass baking dish with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat 4 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk and 3/4 cup sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Beat in milk, whipping cream, vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until well blended. Stir in 7 cups of the bread pieces and the raisins. Let stand 20 minutes. Pour into baking dish. Lightly press remaining 3 cups bread pieces on top of mixture in baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until well blended. Brush top of bread mixture with melted 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake uncovered 55 to 65 minutes or until top is puffed and light golden brown (center will jiggle slightly). Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat; do not allow to simmer. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Mix water and 1 egg in small bowl; stir into butter until blended. Stir in 1 cup sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil; remove from heat. Stir in whiskey. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve sauce over warm bread pudding. Store remaining dessert and sauce covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 190 mg, Fat 5 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 36 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
NEW ORLEANS BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
Bake this New Orleans bread pudding with whiskey sauce and enjoy a virtual trip to the French Quarter. Make the rich sauce with whiskey or bourbon.
Provided by Diana Rattray
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the raisins and whiskey in a small saucepan and heat just until the mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes. Alternatively, place the raisins and whiskey in a cup and heat in the microwave oven for about 20 to 30 seconds, leaving to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice the bread into 1/2-inch rounds and then cut the rounds into 1/2-inch cubes; you should have about 8 cups of bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the half-and-half and whole milk with the eggs and brown sugar. Whisk until well blended. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dash of salt.
- Add the bread cubes and soaked raisins with their liquid to the bowl with the milk-egg mixture and stir to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- While the mixture rests, preheat the oven to 325 F. Generously butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Spoon the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish, distributing the raisins as evenly as possible.
- Bake the bread pudding in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until it is firm and golden brown. Remove the bread pudding to a rack to cool.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan and set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk the cornstarch with the whiskey or bourbon.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and set aside.
- Place the saucepan with the cream mixture over medium heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Cook until the sauce comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the hot mixture to the egg yolks while whisking constantly. By tempering the mixture you prevent the eggs from becoming curdled.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the saucepan and cook for 1 minute longer. Whisk in a pinch of salt, the butter, and vanilla, if using.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and if not serving immediately, place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on top to prevent a skin from forming. The sauce will thicken more as it stands. When ready to serve, spoon some of the warm sauce over each serving of bread pudding and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 kcal, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 273 mg, Sugar 26 g, Fat 16 g, ServingSize 12 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
WHISKEY BREAD PUDDING
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until well blended. Add the sugar and mix in then add the vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, butter, and cream. Lay the bread cubes in a 8 by 8 inch square baking dish, sprinkle the nuts and raisins around, and then pour the custard over the bread. Cover the dish and let it soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the dish with foil and poke holes in it. Bake until bread pudding souffled up, about 40 minutes then remove the foil, and bake another 10 minutes to brown lightly.
- For the sauce, in a saucepan heat the cream, sugar, cinnamon, and butter together until almost boiling. Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with the whiskey and stir it into the hot liquid. Bring just to a boil to thicken it.
- To serve, pour a few spoonfuls of the whiskey sauce on a dessert plate. Scoop out the desired portion size of the pudding, placing it on the sauced plate. Dust the pudding with powdered sugar and finish it off with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Notes about the recipe: This is a restaurant recipe so uses leftover bread. Save the crusts and dry them in a low oven, then grind them in a food processor to make bread crumbs.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, butter, vanilla and milk. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Place bread cubes in bottom of prepared pan. Pour liquid over bread, fully saturating all bread. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until golden. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream and whiskey in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is gently boiling. Pour sauce over baked bread pudding and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.9 calories, Carbohydrate 56.8 g, Cholesterol 114.9 mg, Fat 34.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 15.9 g, Sodium 531.1 mg, Sugar 24.8 g
COMMANDER'S PALACE BREAD PUDDING SOUFFLE WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
Adapted from "Commander's Kitchen," by Ti Martin and Jamie Shannon,Copyright 2000by Commander's Palace, Inc. Used by Permission of Broadway Books, a Division ofRandom House.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Beat in whole eggs until smooth; whisk in cream and vanilla. Add bread cubes; stir, allowing bread to soak up custard. Scatter raisins in greased pan; top with egg mixture, which will prevent raisins from burning. Bake until pudding is golden and firm to the touch and a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. It should be moist, not runny or dry. Cool to room temperature.
- Butter six 6-ounce ceramic ramekins; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar; continue whisking until shiny and thick. Test with a clean spoon. If whites stand up stiff, like shaving cream, when you pull out the spoon, meringue is ready. Do not overwhip, or whites will break down and souffle will not work.
- In a large bowl, break half the bread pudding into pieces using your hands or a spoon. Gently fold in a quarter of the meringue, being careful not to lose the air in the whites. Divide a portion of this mixture among the ramekins. Place remaining bread pudding in bowl, break into pieces, and carefully fold in rest of meringue. Top off souffles with this lighter mixture, piling it high, about 1 1/2 inches over top edge of ramekins. With a spoon, smooth and shape tops into a dome over ramekin rims. Bake immediately until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Using a spoon at the table, poke a hole in the top of each souffle, and spoon the room-temperature whiskey sauce into the souffles.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by southerngrace
Number Of Ingredients 16
- BREAD PUDDING: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cut the bread into small cubes and put the cubes into the prepared dish. Scatter the raisins evenly along the top. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until frothy and well-combined. Pour the liquid carefully over the bread and mash everything together. Let this sit for at least an hour, mashing it a few more times so that all of the bread absorbs as much liquid as possible. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until you see no liquid when you press the bread in the middle of the pan. WHISKEY SAUCE: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar, whiskey, water, salt, and nutmeg, and cook this mixture until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Beat the eggs in a bowl and then slowly add a bit of the hot whiskey mixture, whisking as you go. Once tempered, add the egg mixture to the whiskey mixture and return to the heat. When a boil is reached, cook for one minute, then remove from the heat. To serve, cut a square of bread pudding and cover it with whiskey sauce, making sure both are warm.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
The whiskey sauce is what makes this recipe incredible. It comes from my friend Beth, who is a great cook! She also uses nuts or pineapple for a variation.
Provided by mermaidmagic
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For the pudding:.
- In a large bowl, mix beaten egg with vanilla, brown sugar, cream/milk with wire whisk until blended.
- Add raisins.
- Break up bread into 13x9x2 pan and pour the liquid (above) in slowly.
- When all the liquid is in, use either your clean hands or a spoon to squish the bread so that it falls apart and becomes mixed evenly with the liquid.
- It needs to be very wet and somewhat giggly.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes to one hour- test at 45 minutes with a knife to see if the pudding is set up.
- The pudding should bounce back a little and the knife should come out almost clean from the center.
- The pudding will look very raised and poofy when you remove it from the oven.
- It will fall in a minute.
- For the Sauce:.
- In a small saucepan, melt one stick butter or margarine.
- Add brown sugar and stir constantly until melted.
- Add whiskey and stir again until heated.
- Double the recipe if you like a lot of sauce on the bread pudding, but use only ¾ cup of the whiskey.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 696.8, Fat 29.8, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 156.8, Sodium 374.2, Carbohydrate 97, Fiber 1, Sugar 76, Protein 7.6
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE III
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whip together eggs and sugar. Mix in milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whip until smooth.
- Arrange bread cubes in a medium baking dish, and top with golden raisins. Cover with the whipped mixture. Allow the bread to become saturated with the mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- To make the sauce, mix sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when thoroughly blended, and whisk in the whiskey. Serve warm over bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 641.3 calories, Carbohydrate 93.8 g, Cholesterol 157.2 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.9 g, Sodium 428.6 mg, Sugar 61.3 g
LOUISIANA BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
A pan of warm bread pudding transforms day-old bread -- plus eggs and cream -- into an indulgence. This version has Creole roots, with cubes of baguette and a sauce that's flavored by a healthy dose of bourbon.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat bourbon in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Pour over raisins in a small bowl; let stand at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To make whiskey sauce: bring cream to a simmer over medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; slowly whisk into cream. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and bourbon. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together bread, milk, and cream in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and allspice in a medium bowl; add to bread mixture. Stir in raisins and bourbon.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch square baking dish in oven. Remove from oven, and swirl to coat bottom of dish. Pour in bread mixture, distributing raisins evenly. Bake until bread cubes are browned around edges and custard is cooked, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whiskey sauce.
More about "bread pudding with whiskey sauce recipes"
PERINI RANCH BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - COOKSTR.COM
IRISH BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE - MY BAKING …
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
NEW ORLEANS STYLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE - TODAY
SOUTHERN BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE FOR TWO - TASTY KITCHEN
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE-BON TON CAFE RECIPE
BREAD PUDDING WITH IRISH WHISKEY RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
DELUXE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE (RECIPES ILLUSTRATED) …
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE | COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE | COWBOY …
CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - THAT SKINNY CHICK …
BREAD PUDDING WITH A WHISKEY SAUCE - DADSPANTRY
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE - KENT ROLLINS
MIMI'S CAFE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE - SECRET …
BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - BETTER HENS & GARDENS
IRISH BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL-WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE
CLASSIC BREAD PUDDING RECIPE WITH BROWN SUGAR WHISKEY SAUCE
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - DESSERT FOR TWO
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING WITH IRISH WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE
LAZARUS BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE
THE ROUXPOUR’S BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
BREAD PUDDING SOUFFLé WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING WITH IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE
BREAD PUDDING WHISKEY SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - ANDREW ZIMMERN
ONTARIO BERRIES | BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE #5 RECIPE
IRISH BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE
EASY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE WITH WHISKEY SAUCE - DELISHABLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #desserts #american #cajun #southern-united-states #oven #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment
You'll also love