BROWN RICE WITH MISO (RICE COOKER)
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. You may use short, medium, or long grain brown rice in this dish. The authors call for a 6 cup rice cooker, but I've had no problem using a 3 cup model. Cook time includes resting time after the cycle finishes.
Provided by IngridH
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Dissolve the miso in 1/4 cup of the water.
- Combine the dissolved miso and remaining ingredients in the rice cooker bowl.
- Set the machine for the regular or brown rice (if you have one) cycle.
- When the machine switches to 'keep warm', set a timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, fluff the rice with the plastic paddle or a wooden spoon.
- Discard the ginger and serve, or leave on the 'keep warm' setting for up to 2 hours.
BROWN RICE IN THE RICE COOKER
- Spray your rice cooker pot with a non-stick cooking spray. This works wonders at keeping your rice from sticking and burning.
- Add your brown rice and water. While the typical rice-to-water ratio for white rice is one part rice to two parts water, brown rice works better if you go with one part rice to two and a half parts water.
- Add salt to taste.
- On a cutting board, press the flat edge of a knife on the cloves of garlic to squash them. Remove and discard the papery skin and drop the smashed cloves into the cooker.
- Add olive oil.
- Cover the pot and turn on the cooker. Expect brown rice to take a little longer to cook than white rice (about 30 to 40 minutes instead of 20).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.2, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 7.8, Carbohydrate 36, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.4, Protein 3.7
More about "brown rice in the rice cooker recipes"
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER (PERFECT & …
5/5 (2)Category Side DishServings 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Measure out the rice and place it in a strainer. Rinse the rice in the pot under cold running water. Use your hands to move the rice around gently to clean the grains. Pour out the water once it starts to change color. Repeat this process 2 times. Make sure to drain all the water when finished.
- Add filtered water into the rice cooker, swirling in the pot if necessary so the grains of rice are level and no grains are sticking to the sides of the pot.
- Press start on your rice cooker. sure your rice maker is on and follow the manual instructions. Our rice cooker provides a “quick” setting along with a “normal” setting. I more often than not choose “quick” because it gives me the same results for a shorter amount of time. While the rice is cooking, do not lift the lid so as not to lose steam.
HOW TO MAKE BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER: 11 STEPS (WITH ...
87% (81)Estimated Reading Time 8 minsCategory Rice And Beans
EASY SLOW COOKER BROWN RICE | KITCHN
Ratings 2Calories 369 per servingCategory Low-Calorie, Low-Fat
HOW TO COOK RICE IN A RICE COOKER: JASMINE, BASMATI, AND ...
Occupation Deputy Director, Kitchen Appliances LabEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOW TO COOK WHITE RICE IN A RICE COOKER | RECIPES, DINNERS ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY SPANISH RICE RECIPE | BEST RICE COOKER RECIPES
4.7/5 (17)Calories 101 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Place the rice in the bottom of the rice cooker and then add the diced tomatoes and water. Add the onion and spices and stir a little on the top to dissolve the spices in the water.
PERFECT BASMATI RICE IN A RICE COOKER (WHITE AND BROWN ...
5/5 (14)Calories 200 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Course
- Once finished cooking, fluff with a rice spatula/paddle and remove promptly to prevent the rice from getting mushy toward the bottom of the cooker.
24 BEST RICE COOKER RECIPES (SURPRISING DISHES YOU CAN ...
Servings 4Calories 473 per serving
- Add a peeled potato to the center, then add carrots, sausage, onions, and green peas to the rice cooker.
HOW TO COOK FLUFFY TASTY BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- What kind of rice cooker do you have? The first question to consider: what kind of rice cooker do you have? Does your rice cooker have a “brown rice” setting or only a standard “rice” or “white rice”?
- Do you have the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker? Most of the time, rice cookers come with their own measuring cups that are not the same size as regular cup (they are about 2/3 to 3/4 of a cup).
- Brown rice to water ratio for rice cooker. If you don’t have the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker, just use the following ratio: 1 cup of brown rice to 2 cups of water.
- Do not use less than 1 cup of rice. Quantities less than 1 cup of rice won’t cook well in a rice cooker. The best quantity to cook is 2 cups of rice with 4 cups water.
- Add salt. Salt makes a huge difference in the brown rice taste, so don’t forget to add it. I always add salt directly to the rice cooker, right after adding rice and water.
- Cook in the rice cooker. Set the rice cooker to cook :) If you have the “Brown Rice” setting, use that. If you only have the “Rice” or “White Rice” setting, just use that – if you used the brown rice to water ratio above, it should turn out just fine.
- Fluff with fork after cooking. When the rice is done cooking in the rice cooker, it won’t look like the fluffy rice on the above picture. In order to get it to be fluffy, you have to fluff it with a fork!
- Add optional seasonings. You can eat your brown rice as is, or to kick the flavor up a notch you can use extra seasonings. You can add a dab of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice, as well as a sprinkle of your favorite spices to season the brown rice.
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN THE NINJA FOODI - RANDA NUTRITION
4.2/5 (5)Total Time 17 minsCategory Side DishCalories 172 per serving
- After rinsing the brown rice (to get the dirt off it, rice is super dirty) add the rice, water, and salt to the Ninja Foodi.
- Put on the lid, seal, and set the pressure to high for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then turn the valve to release the rest (it will only take a few seconds).
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER - BEST RICE COOKERS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Measuring your Rice. First, how much rice should you make? If you’re just cooking for yourself or a small family for the night, then 4 cups (a rice cooker cup) of rice should be sufficient.
- Rinse Your Rice. This is the one step that you should do, regardless what type of rice you’re cooking. Wash your rice over cold water, or ideally through a mesh strainer 3-4 times.
- Using the Correct Amount of Water. Another important thing to keep in mind when making brown rice is the moisture levels. Brown rice requires more moisture than does white rice since it is a tougher grain and doesn’t absorb water as quickly due to its additional bran layer.
- Add salt. Bonus tip, adding a bit of salt or additional seasoning can give your rice a hint of flavor and additional taste. A ¼ teaspoon of salt for every 1 cup of brown rice should be enough.
- Wait 15 minutes. Once done cooking, keep the lid on and let your rest site for about 15 minutes in order to fully absorb the moisture evenly throughout the pot.
- Fluff your rice. Using the spatula that came with your rice cooker, fluff your rice in order to help separate the grains even more. A good rice cooker will probably have already done this, but it doesn’t hurt to manually stir your rice as well.
- Seasoning (Optional) This step is optional as palettes and taste preferences differ. I like to add a bit of butter and/or a squeeze of lemon juice to spice things up a bit.
- Enjoy. You’re done. Scoop up the rice with your spatula and enjoy great tasting brown rice as a complement to your meal. Best Japanese rice cookers for brown rice.
SLOW COOKER BROWN RICE - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
4.4/5 (47)Total Time 1 hr 32 minsCategory Side DishCalories 192 per serving
- Spray the inside of your cooker with non-stick spray. If that’s not your thing, you can rub the sides and bottom of the cooker with butter.
- Add two cups brown rice, 3 1/3 cups broth (vegetable and chicken broths both work great), and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Stir to combine.
PRESSURE COOKER BROWN RICE RECIPE + BENEFITS + HOW TO ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Main DishCalories 65 per serving
SLOW-COOKER OVERNIGHT BROWN RICE PORRIDGE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Brown Rice RecipesCalories 280 per servingTotal Time 8 hrs 5 mins
YES, YOU CAN COOK BROWN RICE IN YOUR SLOW COOKER—HERE'S ...
BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER - RECIPE SOFTWARE
10 SLOW COOKER RICE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
RICE IN RICE COOKER RATIO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BEST 23 BROWN RICE IN RICE COOKER - BEST RECIPES IDEAS …
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT RICE IN A RICE COOKER - WE KNOW RICE
BROWN RICE IN RICE COOKER MICROWAVE – SIMPLE COOKING MENU
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN A RICE COOKER VIDEO - GET ...
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN RICE COOKER - HURST AFFING1947
HOW TO COOK BROWN RICE IN THE MICROWAVE IN A RICE COOKER ...
BROWN RICE IN RICE COOKER RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST COOKING FLAVORED RICE IN RICE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #rice #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you cook brown rice in a rice cooker?The key to perfectly preparing brown rice in a rice cooker is getting the ratio of rice to water correct so that your rice comes out fluffy, tender, and delicious.
How much water to add to brown rice in slow cooker?To cook brown rice without a dedicated function, set the slow cooker to high. Add the required amount of rice and water. The amounts needed for dry brown rice are: 1 cup rice to 2 cups water. 2 cups rice to 3 2/3 water. 3 cups rice to 4 3/4 cups water.
How much water do you need to cook rice in a rice cooker?If you don’t have the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker, just use the following ratio: 1 cup of brown rice to 2 cups of water. 4) Do not use less than 1 cup of rice. Quantities less than 1 cup of rice won’t cook well in a rice cooker. The best quantity to cook is 2 cups of rice with 4 cups water.
Can you cook brown rice in an Instant Pot?Over the years, I’ve cooked different types of white rice in various ways: in a rice cooker, in a stove over a pot, brown rice in an instant pot, white rice in an instant pot, in the microwave, and even in a steamer. Brown rice is somewhat trickier to cook because it can take a long time to get perfectly fluffy and moist grains.