BROWN SUGAR SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add flour and salt; stir until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar. Blend thoroughly and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in boiling water. Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Add vanilla extract and stir until well blended. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86.4 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 2.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 97.1 mg, Sugar 13.4 g
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the egg, flour and 1/2 cup of the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Start beating the mixture until it is thoroughly blended, and pour in the hot milk. Pour and scrape the sauce into a saucepan, and start beating over moderate heat. Cook until the mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar into a small nonstick skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sugar is melted and starts to take on a light caramel color. Immediately add the orange rind, and blend, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Immediately add the caramel-orange mixture to the sauce and blend.
- Line a mixing bowl with a sieve, and pour the sauce into it, pressing all around with the sides of a rubber spatula to extract as much flavor as possible from the orange rind. Discard the rind.
- Add the 1 cup of heavy cream, and stir. Let cool. Pour the mixture into the container of a hand-cranked or electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the butterscotch sauce, put the 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a 12-inch nonstick skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sugar is melted and becomes a dark caramel in color. Add the corn syrup, stir to blend, and remove from the heat. Stir in the butter to blend. Stir in the 2/3 cup of cream and the bourbon. Spoon the sauce over the ice cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 724, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 119 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 95 milligrams, Sugar 116 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BURNT SUGAR ICE CREAM
- 3. Remove 1/2 cup hot milk mixture from saucepan and add slowly to beaten egg yolks while whisking vigorously. Whisk this mixture back into saucepan. Over low heat, cook mixture until it reaches 180 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, stirring constantly (about 5 minutes). Custard should not boil or bubble. If mixture starts to give off a fair amount of steam, take off heat for a few moments and stir vigorously. 4. Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water in small saucepan over medium heat. Do not stir but swirl pan vigorously until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring syrup to boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until syrup takes on color. Swirl pan constantly at this point, moving pan off and on heat to slow down cooking. Remove from heat when syrup is dark and mahogany-colored. Pour into custard mixture (make sure there is a lot of extra room in the saucepan-the custard will bubble and froth) and whisk for about a minute. (The sugar syrup will harden at first and then dissolve as you whisk.) 5. Pour custard through fine-mesh strainer into nonreactive bowl. Remove vanilla pod from strainer and add to mixture. If using vanilla extract, add it to the custard now. Place bowl into a large bowl filled halfway with ice water to cool. When mixture reaches room temperature, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate. It is best to refrigerate mixture overnight or for at least 6 hours. 6. When chilled, remove vanilla pod (if using), stir, and place into ice-cream machine. Follow manufacturer's directions. When done, place ice cream in the freezer to freeze solid. (The ice cream will still be soft after churning in the machine.)
More about "burnt sugar ice cream with butterscotch sauce recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE - JUST A TASTE
4.9/5 (160)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 1241 per serving
- Add the brown sugar, salt and heavy cream and stir the mixture with a rubber spatula until it's well blended. Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping down the sides occasionally, and boil it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the butterscotch sauce to a container to cool. (See Kelly's Notes.)
- The butterscotch thickens significantly as it cools, so it's important to not over-boil it or you'll end up with chewy butterscotch caramels rather than a pourable sauce.
BROWN SUGAR-BOURBON ICE CREAM RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (101)Servings 1
- Stir milk, cream, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil (it may look curdled, but this is normal).
- Meanwhile, whisk yolks, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl until mixture is pale yellow and sugar dissolves.
- Place a medium metal bowl in a large bowl of ice water; set a fine-mesh sieve over metal bowl. Whisking yolk mixture constantly, gradually add hot cream mixture (to prevent the eggs in the yolk mixture from scrambling). Return to pan. Stir custard over low heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Immediately strain custard into metal bowl. Let custard cool completely, stirring often.
- Stir 1 Tbsp. bourbon and vanilla into custard. Add more bourbon to taste by teaspoonfuls, if desired. DO AHEAD: Custard can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
BURNT BUTTERSCOTCH RECIPE - WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine BritishCategory CondimentsServings 6Total Time 20 mins
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 1.5Energy 140 CaloriesCarbohydrate 14 gFat 10 g
SUGAR FREE BUTTERSCOTCH - MARIA MIND BODY HEALTH
Servings 12Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE FOR ICE CREAM - TASTY KITCHEN
HEALTHY HOMEMADE SUGAR FREE BUTTERSCOTCH SYRUP RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory SnacksCalories 5 per serving
- In a large blender, add the water, butterscotch flavor, vanilla paste, food coloring, stevia extract and salt. Blend on low speed.
- While the blender is running, remove the opening from the lid (or if your blender doesn't have an opening, just carefully open the lid) and add the xanthan gum.
- Once everything is incorporated and completely smooth, pour into pretty serving jars, tightly seal, and refrigerate overnight. Ready to use the next day! Refrigerate to store.
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE FOR CAKE AND ICE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 15 minsCategory SaucesCalories 318 per serving
- In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan bring sugar, corn syrup, and water to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and add butter, vinegar, and a pinch salt, swirling pan until butter is melted.
REAL BUTTERSCOTCH ICE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - PASTRY CHEF ONLINE
Reviews 14Calories 203 per servingCategory Dessert Sauces
- Stir in the sugar, molasses and kosher salt. The mixture will look like wet brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
BURNT SUGAR (CARAMEL) SAUCE RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BUTTERSCOTCH ICE CREAM - SMITTEN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
NADIYA HUSSAIN’S BURNT BUTTERSCOTCH BANANAS WITH ICE CREAM ...
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Dessert
BURNT SUGAR ICE CREAM - BUTTER AND BRIOCHE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
BOURBON BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE - SAVOR THE BEST
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 55 per serving
BOURBON BUTTERSCOTCH ICE CREAM RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
5/5 Servings 1-1.5
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE - CUPCAKE PROJECT
5/5 (1)Calories 103 per servingCategory DessertLocation St. Louis, MO
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
BURNT SUGAR ICE CREAM RECIPES
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE - DINING AND ...
HOT BUTTERED RUM SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BUTTERSCOTCH CRUNCH SQUARES ICE CREAM DESSERT RECIPE
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE RECIPE | EAT ...
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE RECIPE
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE FROM CRAIG ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is this really butterscotch ice cream sauce?Sigh.., This is real butterscotch ice cream sauce, friends. By that, I mean you cook butter, sugar, and molasses together until the butter browns and the sugar caramelizes. That’s real butterscotch. You’ll be able to taste it in the depth of flavor and see it in the thick, chewiness of the sauce.
How do you make butterscotch frosting?1. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir brown sugar and butter until butter is melted, sugar is dissolved, and mixture is bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in 1/2 cup whipping cream until smooth; remove butterscotch mixture from heat.
How do you make Butterscotch sauce at home?Instructions. Add the brown sugar, salt and heavy cream and stir the mixture with a rubber spatula until it's well blended. Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping down the sides occasionally, and boil it for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the butterscotch sauce to a container to cool.
What is the difference between Butterscotch sauce and caramel sauce?To summarize: Butterscotch sauce is made with brown sugar, while a traditional caramel sauce is made with white sugar. I’ve caramelized sugar a million times and a thousand different ways —white sugar, brown sugar, butter, no butter, bourbon, whiskey, cream, vanilla .