CABBAGE AND MUSHROOM "LASAGNA"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add flour, stir for 3 minutes (do not allow to brown), then gradually whisk in milk, stirring until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and reserve.
- In a 14 inch sauté pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, sage and chopped cabbage, and sauté until fragrant and the cabbage is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add wine and sauté until it has evaporated. Add reserved sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. The mixture should be very thick but slightly fluid; if necessary, add a little milk or water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the mushroom and cabbage mixture is simmering, pour 6 cups of water into a stock pot, and bring to a boil. Add whole cabbage leaves, and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain under cold water, and pat dry.
- With remaining 1 tablespoon butter, grease a 9-by-9-inch glass baking dish. To assemble the lasagna, line the bottom of the dish with half the cabbage leaves, and top with half the potatoes, half the creamed mushrooms. Repeat the layering of cabbage, potatoes and mushrooms, and top with grated cheese. Cover snugly with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake until the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 464, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 1241 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 1 gram
CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE
I layer cabbage with tomato sauce and ground beef lasagna-style to create a hearty casserole that tastes like cabbage rolls but without all the work. -Doreen Martin, Kitimat, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 1 can tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and bacon; remove from heat., Layer a third of the cabbage in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture. Repeat layers; top with remaining cabbage. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top. , Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 544mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
- Slice cabbage head in half. Slice long strips about 1/4inch wide.
- steam until just tender (~7 minutes) and set aside.
- Brown Meat, add spices.
- Add onions to meat and sautee.
- Add tomato sauce to meat and set aside.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, and herbs.
- Grease 2 Qt baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Layer Cabbage, then meat/tomato sauce, then ricotta. repeat.
- Cover and Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Uncover, put cheese on top, back 10 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add tomatoes and break up using a fork. Add basil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme, and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer meat sauce for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Immerse cabbage in the boiling water and carefully break off leaves. Cook until leaves are limp, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and oregano in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and place a layer of cooked cabbage leaves flat in the bottom.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of meat sauce. Layer 1/2 the remaining sauce on top of the cabbage leaves in the baking pan. Layer 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture followed by 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Add a second layer of cabbage leaves, followed by remaining 1/2 of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup meat sauce on top and finish with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 46.6 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 1018 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
KETO-FRIENDLY LASAGNA DOME RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, carrot, medium yellow onion, ground beef, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic, dry red wine, crushed tomato, fresh basil, salt, savoy cabbage, egg, whole milk ricotta cheese
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrot and onion, and cook until the vegetables have softened slightly, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the beef and season with the oregano, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef into smaller pieces, and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of pan.
- Once the wine has reduced by half, stir in the crushed tomatoes. Cook until sauce has thickened, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the basil, then remove the sauce from the heat and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, add the cabbage leaves, using tongs to submerge them in the water. Cook until the leaves have softened and are flexible, 1-2 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with a paper towels.
- Stir the egg into the cooled meat sauce.
- Place the largest cabbage leaf on the bottom of a 9-inch (23-cm) round baking dish. Line the exposed sides and bottom of the pan with more cabbage leaves.
- Spoon in ¼ of the meat sauce, spreading evenly. Dollop ¼ of the ricotta on top of the sauce. Cover with cabbage leaves. Repeat with the remaining sauce, ricotta, and cabbage to make 3 more layers.
- Fold any overhanging cabbage leaves toward the center of the pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour, until lightly browned on top. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- To serve, place a serving plate over the baking dish and invert the chou farci onto the plate. Remove the pan, then slice into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552 calories, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 41 grams, Sugar 11 grams
STUFFED CABBAGE LASAGNA
This is based on a recipe from Lydie Marshall's cookbook, Slow-Cooked Comfort. She says of this recipe, "When I have leftover meat from a stew, I grind it and freeze it.... With ground pork, I make a pork and cabbage lasagna: layers of ground meat and cabbage leaves with a white sauce on top. Because the pork is already cooked, this is a relatively quick dish to prepare." I think this is a good cross between lasagne and cabbage rolls with a very appetizing appearance. This dish can be prepared several hours ahead of time before being placed in the oven.
Provided by mersaydees
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Discard the tough outer cabbage leaves. Using a small pointed knife to help disengage the leaves, gently separate the remaining leaves from the stalk.
- In a stockpot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the cabbage leaves and return to a boil. Boil until the leaves are semisoft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cabbage in a colander set in the kitchen sink and let cool while you make the ground pork stuffing.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the ground meat for 2 minutes; add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and tomato sauce and stir. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, and hot pepper flakes. Cover and simmer over low to medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it's not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of grated cheese. Using a wooden spoon, whisk the egg into the ground meat with the remaining cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Organize the cabbage leaves into three piles. Layer 1/3 of the cabbage leaves in a buttered 3-quart rectangular or oval ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and spread half the ground meat over the cabbage. Layer another 1/3 of the cabbage leaves over the stuffing and add the remaining meat stuffing. Cover with the remaining cabbage leaves.
- Pour the white sauce over the cabbage and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover the dish with parchment paper.
- (At this stage you can wait several hours before baking it. You may want to turn off the oven unless you're using it for something else!).
- Bake the casserole in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes; discard the parchment, and continue cooking uintil the cheese browns slightly.
- Serve piping hot.
More about "cabbage lasagna recipes"
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE (KETO, LOW-CARB) - LOW CARB YUM
Ratings 64Calories 451 per servingCategory Main Course
- Parboil leaves in salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drain and remove excess water with towel.
LAYERED CABBAGE ROLLS; LASAGNA-STYLE | RICARDO
HEARTY LOW-CARB CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - EVERYDAY …
THE MOST AMAZING CABBAGE LASAGNA - SLICE OF JESS
OUR 35 BEST CABBAGE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CROCK POT CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - DIY & CRAFTS
CABBAGE LASAGNA (LOW CARB, KETO, GLUTEN FREE)
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE LASAGNA, LOW CARB AND …
CABBAGE LASAGNA (LOW CARB + KETO!) - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
BEST CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE …
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Winter, Dinner
- Using tongs, dip each cabbage leaf in water for 30 seconds and place on a paper towel-lined plate to dry.
BEST CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
Reviews 6Calories 266 per servingCategory Comfort Food
LOW CARB CABBAGE LASAGNA (KETO, GLUTEN-FREE)
CABBAGE LASAGNA IN THE NINJA FOODI - PRESSURE CRISP
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST KETO-FRIENDLY LASAGNA WITH CABBAGE LEAVES
VEGAN CABBAGE LASAGNA WITH SPINACH ALFREDO - MY PURE PLANTS
CABBAGE CASSEROLES FOR COZY MEALS | ALLRECIPES
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE LASAGNA - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
VEGAN CABBAGE LASAGNA - GOURMANDELLE
LOW CARB CABBAGE LASAGNA (KETO RECIPE) COOKED BY JULIE
SKILLET LASAGNA WITH CABBAGE | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
CABBAGE AND MUSHROOM “LASAGNA” – SMITTEN KITCHEN
KETO CABBAGE LASAGNA | SO TASTY! | MAMA BEAR'S COOKBOOK
EASY CABBAGE AND MEAT LASAGNA KETO & GLUTEN-FREE - LIKEHOTKETO
RECIPE OF CABBAGE LASAGNA - LASAGNAS
CROCKPOT KETO LASAGNA USING CABBAGE LEAVES AS THE “NOODLES”
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE – TIMMYSPIES.COM
CABBAGE ROLL LASAGNA - HAPPIHOMEMADE WITH SAMMI RICKE
MEXICAN CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE | ATKINS
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - YUMMLY RECIPES
KETO CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE | ANCESTRAL NUTRITION
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIST
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE & VIDEO | COOKTORIA
CABBAGE & RED LENTIL LASAGNE - HAPPY VEGGIE KITCHEN
LOW CARB KETO CABBAGE LASAGNA | MYKETOHOME
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE & VIDEO | TGNCOOKING
EASY CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE – MY ROI LIST
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPES | NAGODS.COM
CABBAGE LASAGNA – KITCHEN SECRETS – PRACTICAL RECIPES
ONE POT CABBAGE LASAGNA - MJ AND HUNGRYMAN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #pasta #lasagna #dietary #gluten-free #high-calcium #low-carb #free-of-something #high-in-something #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook cabbage and cheese for lasagna?Combine the cheese with eggs and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Spread a small amount of meat sauce onto bottom of 11×15-inch baking pan. Layer cooked cabbage leaves over sauce.
Is there a low carb lasagna with cabbage leaves?A very filling, low-carb lasagna that uses cabbage leaves in place of lasagna noodles. We find it every bit as good if not better than lasagna with pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
How do you make a cabbage and cheese pizza?Combine the cheese with eggs and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Spread a small amount of meat sauce onto bottom of 11×15-inch baking pan. Layer cooked cabbage leaves over sauce. Spread half of the cheese mixture over cabbage leaves. Top cheese mixture with half the remaining meat sauce. Cover sauce with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
How to bake cabbage with ricotta cheese?In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, and Parmesan. Grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Spoon a thin layer of sauce into bottom of baking dish. Add a layer of cabbage leaves, then top with more sauce, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Repeat layering twice more. Bake until cabbage is tender and mozzarella is bubbly, about 25 minutes.