CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE
I layer cabbage with tomato sauce and ground beef lasagna-style to create a hearty casserole that tastes like cabbage rolls but without all the work. -Doreen Martin, Kitimat, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 1 can tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and bacon; remove from heat., Layer a third of the cabbage in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture. Repeat layers; top with remaining cabbage. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top. , Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 544mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
- Slice cabbage head in half. Slice long strips about 1/4inch wide.
- steam until just tender (~7 minutes) and set aside.
- Brown Meat, add spices.
- Add onions to meat and sautee.
- Add tomato sauce to meat and set aside.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, and herbs.
- Grease 2 Qt baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Layer Cabbage, then meat/tomato sauce, then ricotta. repeat.
- Cover and Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Uncover, put cheese on top, back 10 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
CABBAGE LASAGNA - (IN A CROCK POT, OVEN OR STOVETOP)
A different idea of making lasagna with cabbage instead of noodles, and using some of the ingredients in my fridge to participate in the Dining on a Dollar Contest - Spring 2013. Hope you enjoy it.
Provided by pink cook
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, ketchup and sugar. Mix well to dissolve sugar and set aside.
- In a large skillet with oil spray, brown ground beef and remove. In the same skillet brown Italian sausage crumbled until brown.
- Mix browned sausage with the browned ground beef and add chopped onion, carrot, green bell pepper, garlic powder, oregano, (celery seeds), salt and pepper.
- Simmer the meat sauce for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked but crispy tender.
- Then add the prepared tomato sauce to the cooked meats and vegetables and mix well.
- Combine the cottage cheese (or Ricotta cheese) with the beaten egg and set aside.
- Spoon some of the meat sauce into bottom of crock pot (or slow cooker).
- Layer in this order: sliced cabbage, meat sauce, cottage cheese (or Ricotta).
- Repeat layers until all is used up, ending with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting for about 1 hour, or until cabbage is soft, but do not overcooked.
- NOTE: This cabbage lasagna can also be cook on the stovetop in a Dutch oven, or bake in the oven at 350ºF. for about 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, but not overcooked.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add tomatoes and break up using a fork. Add basil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme, and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer meat sauce for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Immerse cabbage in the boiling water and carefully break off leaves. Cook until leaves are limp, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and oregano in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and place a layer of cooked cabbage leaves flat in the bottom.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of meat sauce. Layer 1/2 the remaining sauce on top of the cabbage leaves in the baking pan. Layer 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture followed by 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Add a second layer of cabbage leaves, followed by remaining 1/2 of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup meat sauce on top and finish with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 46.6 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 1018 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
More about "cabbage lasagna recipes"
EASY CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - DIY & CRAFTS
5/5 (2)Calories 550 per serving
- Add garlic and basil, then add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. When the meat is no longer pink, pour in tomato puree, add salt and pepper to taste and heat everything through until the sauce gets thicker.
HEARTY LOW-CARB CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 420 per serving
- Cut cabbage heads in half and boil for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain water and chop into 1" squares. Then sauté cabbage for 2-3 minutes to remove excess water. Let cool and wrap cabbage leaves in dishtowel, squeezing out remaining water.
- Brown beef in skillet. When most of the pink is gone, add pepper and onion. Saute 3 more minutes until thoroughly cooked and onion has softened. Add garlic, oregano and basil and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg white into crushed tomatoes. Add to meat mixture and season with salt and pepper.
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE (KETO, LOW-CARB) - LOW CARB YUM
4.5/5 (57)Calories 451 per servingCategory Main Course
BEST CABBAGE LASAGNA LOW CARB RECIPE « MYLOWCARBMEALS
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrsServings 6
THE MOST AMAZING CABBAGE LASAGNA - SLICE OF JESS
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 12
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE #83766 | CDKITCHEN.COM
4/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrsServings 12Calories 467 per serving
CABBAGE LASAGNA (LOW CARB, KETO, GLUTEN FREE)
3.7/5 (32)Total Time 1 hrServings 12Calories 384 per serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to pot once boiling. Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut the stem off and place into boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes or until outer leaves look translucent and tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cook ground beef in oil in a large skillet until browned completely. Add garlic, salt and pepper and 1 cup of marinara sauce. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella (save the other cup for topping), eggs, seasonings and parmesan. Set aside.
KETO CABBAGE LASAGNA | SO TASTY! | MAMA BEAR'S COOKBOOK
Ratings 22Calories 322 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Dice the onion and red pepper and add them to the pot once the oil is hot. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onion is translucent. Mince or press the garlic and add to the saucepan with the black pepper, spicy spaghetti seasoning and ground beef.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Don't skip the salt, it helps to take moisture out of the cabbage leaves.
- Heat your oven to 350°. Thinly slice the basil, and grate the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Combine the cheeses in a medium bowl, mix the basil into the meat sauce and spread 1/3 of the sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Spread the sauce with a spoon to ensure even coverage then sprinkle 1/2c cheese over the sauce and cover evenly with 4 or 5 cabbage leaves *see note 7.
CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE & VIDEO | COOKTORIA
4.3/5 (27)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 509 per serving
- Add 1 cup of marinara sauce, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir everything well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F.
CABBAGE ROLL LASAGNA - HAPPIHOMEMADE WITH SAMMI RICKE
Reviews 38Category Leftovers, Main DishCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a glass 8x8 or 2 qt casserole dish lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start boiling a large pot of water. While your water heats, roughly chop the cabbage into 2 inch x 2 inch pieces. Blanch it in boiling water for 4 minutes. Then drain and rinse cabbage in cold water to stop the cooking process. Place the blanched and cooled cabbage on a kitchen towel to dry further while you prepare the meat filling.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and add the Tbsp of oil, ground meat, onion, and garlic. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Finally, lets start layering! Place half your cabbage mixture in the bottom of the pan. Next add ½ of your meat mixture, other half of cabbage, then the final layer being the remainder of the meat mixture.
SKILLET LASAGNA WITH CABBAGE | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
4.4/5 (122)Calories 413 per servingCategory Dinner
- Add the onion and garlic to the meat mixture and cook, stirring often, until the meat has cooked through.
VEGAN CABBAGE LASAGNA - GOURMANDELLE
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCalories 236 per serving
- Add about 6 thick large cabbage leaves to the boiling water. Steam them until they start to soften, then drain on a paper towel.
EASY CABBAGE AND MEAT LASAGNA KETO & GLUTEN-FREE « LIKEHOTKETO
5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory RecipesCalories 319 per serving
- Core the cabbage head, carefully inserting a knife and cutting around the stem at an angle. The hole should go about 3 inches inside the cabbage.
- Boil the cabbage, hole down, submersed in water for 20 minutes, until the leaves are soft. While the cabbage boils,
- In a large pan or deep skillet, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and fry the chopped onions until they are soft. Add in the crushed garlic, and fry them together until golden.
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Mix it with the onion and garlic, breaking larger meat chunks that might form, and continue cooking until the meat just starts to brown.
CABBAGE LASAGNA (LOW CARB + KETO!) - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
Ratings 8Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Cabbage. Quarter the head of a cabbage (1), then cut each quarter into ½” strips. Place strips of cabbage into a large pot with a little water, and boil the cabbage until tender (about 10 minutes). Place cabbage in a colander and allow it to drain. Place paper towels on top to absorb as much liquid as possible from the cabbage.
- Red sauce. Meanwhile, cook Sweet Italian Sausage (1 Lb) in a large skillet, over medium heat. Break sausage into small pieces with the back of your spoon as it cooks. Once cooked, remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Remove most of the fat from the pan, leaving only 2 tablespoons (if there aren’t 2 tablespoons of fat, add olive oil). Add the onion (1 chopped finely) and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic (4-6 cloves) and continue to cook until it’s fragrant about 1 minute. Remove veggies from heat and stir in your cooked sausage and spaghetti sauce (2-24 Ounce Jars). Set aside.
- Ricotta. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese (32 Ounces), parmesan (1 cup), mozzarella (2 cups), fresh basil (1 cup), oregano (2 teaspoons), salt (1 teaspoon), pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and large egg (1).
LOW CARB CABBAGE LASAGNA (KETO RECIPE) COOKED BY JULIE
4.4/5 (13)Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Main DishCalories 659 per serving
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE LASAGNA - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in the center. Remove the core from cabbage. Place whole head in a large pot filled with boiling, salted water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until softened enough to pull off individual leaves. When the leaves are cool enough, use a paring knife to cut away the thick center stem from each leaf, without cutting all the way through.
- In a large bowl, add in the ground beef, pork, rice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire and parsley. Mix gently to combine. Add in 2/3rd of a can of tomato soup (almost 3/4 of a cup) and mix.
- In a glass 9×13” pan, spread out the remaining soup from the open can on the bottom of the pan. Open up the 2nd can and pour out 1/2 of it and spread out until the bottom of the pan is covered in a light coating. Lay down half of the leaves on the bottom of the pan – about 2 layers of leaves. Depending on how deep your pan is, spread out either all or half of the meat/rice mixture over top of the cabbage leaves evenly (in my pan I could only get 1 layer though if you have a deep-dish pan, go for multiple layers if possible). Top with the remaining half can of soup.
- If you using a standard size pan (not deep dish) cover with 2 layers of cabbage leaves and top with the remaining can of soup. If using a deep-dish pan, add a single layer of cabbage and the remaining meat following by the rest of the cabbage leaves. Be sure to leave enough leaves to cover the top. Cover with the remaining can of soup and spread out evenly. Spray the underneath of a large piece of foil. Place foil side down on the pan and close tightly around the dish. Place the pan on a larger cookie sheet to catch any spillovers. Bake for 3 – 4 hours or until the cabbage is tender when pierced with a knife.
KETO CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE | ANCESTRAL NUTRITION
Ratings 1Category Main CourseCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 50 mins
- Break apart the leaves and steam them. Layer each individual leaf in the steamer, it will take about ten minutes to steam.
CABBAGE LASAGNA ? RECIPE - ? CLUB.COOKING
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory ?? Italian, ? LasagnaCalories 509 per serving
ONE POT CABBAGE LASAGNA - MJ AND HUNGRYMAN
Ratings 6Servings 6
BEST CABBAGE LASAGNA RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE LASAGNA
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Winter, Dinner
CABBAGE LASAGNA - THE BEST VIDEO RECIPES FOR ALL
Category MainEstimated Reading Time 1 min
LAYERED CABBAGE ROLLS; LASAGNA-STYLE | RICARDO
4/5 (219)Category Main DishesServings 6Total Time 3 hrs
CABBAGE LASAGNA – LOW CARB RECIPES (42) #SHORTS ...
LASAGNA RECIPE LIST / 18 MASTERCHEF INSTRUCTIONS - PIONEER ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #pasta #lasagna #dietary #gluten-free #high-calcium #low-carb #free-of-something #high-in-something #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook cabbage for lasagna?Spread half of the cheese mixture over cabbage leaves. Top cheese mixture with half the remaining meat sauce. Cover sauce with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Bake the layered dish at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until browned on top.
What is cabbage Lasagna made of?This Cabbage Lasagna is filled with sweet onions, carrots, juicy ground meat, and melted cheese. Topped with marinara sauce and some extra cheese, this dish tastes as impressive as it looks! In a large skillet, saute the onions in olive oil and butter for 15 minutes on medium heat.
Is cabbage lasagna keto friendly?The steamed cabbage marries the cheese and meat sauce together perfectly. Guys, this keto cabbage lasagna will be one of those low carb dinner recipes your whole family will love. No, the cabbage does not taste like a traditional lasagna noodle, but it will totally satisfy your pasta cravings.
How to make keto lasagna recipe?Just follow these simple steps to make the keto lasagna recipe. Pull the leaves off the head of cabbage carefully. Boiled or steam the leaves until soft. Remove the excess liquid from the cooked cabbage leaves with a towel. Brown the ground beef while the cabbage is cooking.