SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD
Our recipe adds the smoky spiciness of Sriracha to soft, doughy bread for a delicious punch to sandwiches or toast.
Provided by Molly Yeh
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In small bowl, stir together water, sugar and yeast; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix 3 cups flour and the salt in large bowl. In another small bowl, beat 2 of the eggs, the oil and honey. Pour egg mixture and yeast mixture into dry ingredients; stir until wet dough forms.
- On floured work surface, knead dough 7 to 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed, until dough is smooth. Transfer to oiled bowl; cover bowl with damp kitchen towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- On sheet of cooking parchment paper or a floured work surface, pat out dough into about 13x11-inch rectangle. Brush dough evenly with Sriracha sauce. Roll up dough jelly-roll fashion. Cut roll in half lengthwise; twist 2 halves together. Fold dough in half; place in loaf pan.
- Beat remaining egg with splash of water; brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle onion over egg wash.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
CHEESE SWIRL BREAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bread flour, whole milk, bread flour, granulated sugar, kosher salt, instant yeast, whole milk, milk powder, large eggs, unsalted butter, nonstick cooking spray, shredded Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, coarse sea salt, loaf pan
Provided by Cabot Creamery Co-operative
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the roux: In a small saucepan, whisk together the bread flour and milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent the mixture from burning, until it begins to thicken into a paste and creates streaks across the bottom of the pot, about 5 minutes. Transfer the roux to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly against the surface. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Make the dough: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, kosher salt, and yeast.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, milk powder, 1 egg, and the roux.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dough begins to come together in shaggy mass. Add the butter and knead with your hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place in a large bowl greased with nonstick spray and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let proof until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Punch down the dough, then turn out onto a floured surface. Roll the dough into a 9x9-inch square.
- Sprinkle the Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese evenly across the dough. Starting from a long end, roll the dough up, and place seam-side down on the surface. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll in half lengthwise to expose the filling. Twist the halves together into a braid.
- Place the loaf in the prepared pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let proof until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Beat the remaining egg, then brush over the loaf. Sprinkle the sea salt on top.
- Bake the bread until the cheese is bubbly and the top is deep golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes, then slice.
CHEDDAR SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD
Be still my heart! From The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce. I can only imagine this bread sandwiching roast turkey. Feel free to reduce the Sriracha and up the amount cheese. I'm sure it could be made into a boule, also. I believe the reason for the multiple rises contribute to a more 'refined' dough recipe.
Provided by gailanng
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the milk, butter and sugar, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat as soon as the butter melts. The liquid should be lukewarm to the touch, around 100°F Allowing it to cool to that temperature is necessary so as not to kill the yeast. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk mixture and let sit for 10 minutes to proof.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Pour the milk and yeast mixture into the bowl of flour and mix with a wooden spoon until a soft, ragged mixture is formed. Transfer the dough to a well-floured work surface and knead for 1 minute. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and allow it to rest, undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- After its rest, turn the dough back out onto the well-floured work surface and knead until a soft, elastic dough results, 3 - 5 minutes. Transfer the dough once more to the lightly oiled bowl, cover, and allow it to rest in a warm area of the house until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and, using your hands, gently flatten into a 9-inch-wide rectangle. Spread the Sriracha sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the outside edges free of Sriracha. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the Sriracha, within the 1 inch border. It is this border that allows the dough to seal properly in the next step.
- Roll the dough up tightly, lengthwise, similar to making a jelly roll. Press down on the last roll to seal and make a seam. Lightly oil or grease with non-cook spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Put the dough, seam side down, into the pan. Cover and return to the warm spot until the dough has again doubled in size and is cresting over the top of the pan, 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Just before baking, make a 1/4-inch-deep slit down the center of the loaf using a serrated knife (this allows for expansion). Place the loaf pan on the center rack of the oven. Spray the inside walls of the oven and the top of the loaf with a generous misting of water to create steam. Quickly close the oven door and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and continue baking for an additional 10 - 15 minutes. The center of the loaf should register 190°F on a thermometer and the bottom of the loaf should sound hollow when tapped. Let the bread cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing for best results.
- Keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2860.1, Fat 79.8, SaturatedFat 47.2, Cholesterol 222.4, Sodium 4390.6, Carbohydrate 431.6, Fiber 15.4, Sugar 48.7, Protein 96.3
SAVORY CHEDDAR BREAD
I often serve this cheddar bread along with bowls of steaming homemade soup. It helps warm my cattle-raiser husband and our two sons on chilly evenings up here in Canada. Baking for family and neighbors keeps me busy. Just yesterday, when he was here to check the herd, our veterinarian paid me quite a compliment. I served him some cinnamon buns I'd made-and, after tasting them, he said I should open my own coffee shop!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, onion salt, oregano, dry mustard and cheese; set aside. Combine egg, milk and butter; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. , Spread batter in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 301mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "cheddar sriracha swirl bread recipes"
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.8/5 Servings 1
SRIRACHA! BREAD! | SWIRL BREAD RECIPE, SWIRLED BREAD, FOOD
CHEDDAR SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD. | SWIRLED BREAD, FOOD, BREAD
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD – MARIN INDEPENDENT JOURNAL
JALAPENO + CHEDDAR CHEESE SWIRL BREAD LOAF - PIPER COOKS
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD | SWIRL BREAD RECIPE, SWIRLED BREAD, …
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD | EPICURIOUS | RECIPE | SWIRLED BREAD ...
FOR THE LOVE OF SCONES!: FEBRUARY 2012 - BLOGGER
EASY RECIPE CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD
CHEDDAR SWIRL BREAD - FUELING A SOUTHERN SOUL
SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD - FIRST WE FEAST
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE |THE BREAD MAKERS
CHEESE SWIRL BREAD - CABOT CREAMERY
SRIRACHA-CHEDDAR BISCUITS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
CRUSTY SRIRACHA CHEDDAR - PEPPER JACK SWIRL BREAD | STUFFED …
SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD - BETTYCROCKER.COM
THIS CHEESY SWIRL BREAD RECIPE IS SIMPLY HYPNOTIZING - CO
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
GARLIC CHEDDAR SWIRL BUNS - THE BAKER CHICK
CHEDDAR-SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | SWIRL BREAD ...
CHEDDAR AND HOT CHILI SAUCE SWIRL BREAD RECIPE
SRIRACHA CHEESE SWIRL BUNS RECIPE | THE TUMMY TRAIN
THE 17 GREATEST SRIRACHA HOT SAUCE FOOD RECIPES
CHEDDAR SRIRACHA SWIRL BREAD. | SWIRLED BREAD, FOOD, RECIPES
CRUSTY SRIRACHA CHEDDAR - PEPPER JACK SWIRL BREAD | SRIRACHA …
SRIRACHA CHEDDAR PEPPER JACK SWIRL BREAD - NEATORAMA
SRIRACHA CHEDDAR CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
10 MIND BLOWING NEW WAYS TO USE SRIRACHA - FORKLY
BLUE CHEESE SWIRL BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHEDDAR HERB SWIRL BREAD - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
You'll also love