BEER CHEESE DIP
- Melt butter, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper over medium heat in a saucepan. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and beer a bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Continue cooking over medium heat, add in mustard and Worcestershire, cooking sauce until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheeses, and stir just until melted and smooth.
- Serve warm with vegetables, tortilla chips or soft pretzels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Sodium 207 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHEESE DIP WITH BEER
This is great for football gatherings when you want to serve something hearty and filling. It gets lots of compliments. Serve with bite-size pieces of bread and vegetables.
Provided by PJ's kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut a large hole in the top of the loaf of bread to form a bowl; set onto a serving platter.
- Melt the cream cheese in a large saucepan over medium heat; stir in the Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, beer, and garlic salt; heat, stirring continually, until all the cheese is melted; pour the hot cheese mixture into the bread bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 39.1 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 519.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
BEER CHEESE DIP
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until the flour is completely absorbed. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- While whisking constantly, slowly pour in the beer and half & half. Whisk in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly, then reduce to a simmer and continue cooking, whisking frequently, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes.
- With the heat on low, add the cheeses a handful at a time, whisking between each addition, until the cheese is fully melted before adding more. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chives, if using. Serve immediately.
- Leftover beer cheese can be covered and refrigerated in an airtight container. Reheat gently on the stovetop over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until warmed through.
- Note: Lager is a family of beers that includes bright lagers, amber lagers, dark lagers, Oktoberfests, and pilsners. I used Fat Tire because that what I had in the house, but Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Lite are all good options. No need to use anything fancy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 4 tablespoons, Calories 254, Fat 20 g, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sugar 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Sodium 270 mg, Cholesterol 62 mg
BEER CHEESE DIP
Legend has it that the original beer cheese (a cold spreadable version) was born as a bar snack in Winchester, KY, in the 1930s. A warm version, served as a dip, later made its way into local haunts.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 2 cups of beer cheese dip
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring the lager, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese and cook, whisking, until melted and smooth. Gradually add handfuls of the cheeses, whisking to melt between each addition; do not let the mixture boil. Cook, whisking, until completely smooth, then add the cayenne and garlic powder and season with salt to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature; the sauce will thicken as it cools.
BEER CHEESE PRETZEL DIP
This is a GREAT alternative to chips and dip. I take this everywhere and always get asked for the recipe. It is awesome! It is best served with mini-twist pretzels, but it's also great with veggies.
Provided by SQUASHBLOSSOMGIRL
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, mash the cream cheese with the ranch dressing mix until thoroughly combined, then stir in the Cheddar cheese. Mix in beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency (add more for a thinner dip). Stir in the seasoned salt and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.4 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 87.9 mg
SPICY BEER CHEESE DIP
The perfect beer cheese dip for a summer party or when friends come over for the game. This is my husband's favorite since he likes the heat. Be ready to hand out the recipe. It's our most requested! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Provided by Roxanne Nelson
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add ingredients in the following order, mixing with the beater after each one: sour cream, Cheddar cheese, beer, jalapeno peppers, garlic powder, onion powder. Cover and refrigerate until flavors have blended and dip has thickened, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 32.1 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 156.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "cheese dip with dark beer recipes"
GUINNESS BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE - HOME COOKED HARVEST
Ratings 1Category AppetizerCuisine GermanTotal Time 20 mins
SOFT PRETZEL KNOTS WITH BEER CHEESE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Mary BergSteps 9Difficulty Easy
VELVEETA BEER CHEESE DIP (EASY) | PARTY FOOD FAVORITES
CHEDDAR BEER CHEESE DIP - TILLAMOOK
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE | WISCONSIN CHEESE
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE: EASIEST WAY TO MAKE A TASTY BEER CHEESE …
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE: 10 DIFFERENT WAYS TO COOK!
EASY SKILLET BEER CHEESE RECIPE FOR DIPPING | FOODTALK
THE ULTIMATE CHEESE DIP: CHEESY BEER | EMERILS.COM
QUICK BEER CHEESE DIP - JUST A TASTE
10-MINUTE BEER CHEESE DIP - SUGAR AND SOUL
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
5-INGREDIENT BEER AND CHEESE DIP | THE BEER STORE
EASY BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE (PUB-STYLE) - CURRYTRAIL
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE ~ PUB STYLE READY IN 10 MINUTES! - A …
BEER CHEESE DIP RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
CHEESE DIP WITH DARK BEER - RECIPE | BONAPETI.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make beer cheese dip?This easy beer cheese dip is great served hot, warm, or even cold with soft pretzels, tortilla chips, or fresh veggies! Melt butter, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper over medium heat in a saucepan. Cook 1 minute. Stir in milk and beer a bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
How do you make a good dip?Worcestershire sauce - adds a slight umami flavor. Dijon mustard - can't have a dip without a little mustard. Garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper - enhances the flavor. Sharp cheddar cheese - use your favorite cheese or a combination of cheeses. Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
How long does it take to make a cheese dip?This cheese dip made with your favorite beer is the perfect recipe for hosting friends and can be ready in just 15 minutes. Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until combined and cooked through, about 1 minute.
What cheese goes with dark beer?The cheddar/gruyere add flavor while the mozzarella adds a creamy texture. Any cheese will do but keep in mind a milder cheese will have a milder flavor (and won’t pair well with a really bold dark beer). This cheesy appetizer is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and will probably be enjoyed just as quickly!