CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES
"These simple cookies have a delicate buttery flavor complemented by the cherry surprise in the center," notes Joy Schuster of Glentana, Montana. "They've become a holiday favorite for my family."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well. , Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 62mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES
This is a version of the popular snowball cookies. Cherries, coconut, and walnuts have been added. They are easy to make, not overly sweet, and make a pretty festive pink color inside from the addition of the chopped maraschino cherries.
Provided by Holiday Baker
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour; beat for 5 seconds. Add oats; beat for 5 seconds. Add coconut; beat for 5 seconds. Add walnuts; beat for 5 seconds. Add salt; beat for 5 seconds.
- Mix cherries into the butter mixture, beating until dough comes together and turns light pink from cherries, about 25 seconds.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until slightly golden, 18 minutes. Remove from oven. Pour remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar into a shallow dish; roll warm cookies in sugar to coat. After rolling all of the cookies once, roll again in confectioners' sugar to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 13.6 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 39.6 mg, Sugar 9 g
A juicy maraschino cherry is the secret center tucked inside these special cookies. My mom was inspired to create this by a recipe she clipped out of a newspaper more than 30 years ago. -Evy Adams, West Seneca, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, oats and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. , Shape 1 tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are browned, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. , Stir together confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach a smooth dipping consistency. Dip cookies, then roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 9g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 102mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
My mom made these every Christmas and we SO looked forward to them. The dough is almost like a shortbread and kind of melts in your mouth. I often make a double batch, using half red cherries and half green. Enjoy!
Provided by Just Call Me Martha
Yield 30 snowballs (approx), 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Blend together butter, 1/2 cup icing sugar and vanilla.
- Then add flour, salt and chopped pecans.
- Mix well to form a dough.
- Chill dough thoroughly.
- Drain candied cherries well.
- Form dough around each cherry to form a small ball.
- Bake at 400 for 10- 15 minutes.
- (Dough should not brown).
- Roll in icing sugar while warm and again when cool.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until slightly darkened, about 10 minutes; let cool completely. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the flour and pulse to combine.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, the vanilla and almond extracts, and salt and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dried cherries, amaretto and 1 tablespoon water in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds; set aside until the cherries are plump, about 20 minutes.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough, press a dried cherry into the center, then shape the dough into a ball, enclosing the cherry. Repeat with the remaining dough and cherries and arrange about 1 inch apart on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake, switching the position of the pans halfway through, until lightly golden on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Put the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a large shallow bowl. Let the cookies cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then carefully transfer to the bowl with the sugar and gently toss. Transfer to racks to cool completely, then toss in the sugar again.
More about "cherry snowballs recipes"
CHERRY SNOWBALLS | REDPATH SUGAR
CHERRY SNOWBALL TRUFFLES RECIPE WITH PARADISE CANDIED CHERRY
VEGAN CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES - THIS WIFE COOKS™
10 BEST CHERRY BLOSSOM RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHERRY SNOWBALL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHERRY SNOWBALLS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - FLAVORITE
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHERRY PISTACHIO SNOWBALL COOKIES - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
CHERRY SNOWBALL - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NO BAKE CHERRY CHOCOLATE SNOWBALLS - BULK BARN
CHERRY BLOSSOM SNOWBALLS | NEWFOUNDLAND RECIPES – SALTJUNK.COM
CHERRY BLOSSOM SNOWBALLS | RECIPE | HOLIDAY BAKING, CHRISTMAS …
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES - YOUTUBE
COCONUT CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
CHERRY ALMOND SNOWBALLS – AROUND THE BAY WITH DD
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SNOWBALLS RECIPE, …
CHERRY SNOWBALL TRUFFLES - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CHERRY COCONUT SNOWBALL COOKIES - HOMEMADE IN THE KITCHEN
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES - SWANKY RECIPES
CHERRY SNOWBALLS | RECIPE | CHRISTMAS FOOD DESSERTS, CHRISTMAS …
CHERRY SNOWBALLS - SWANKY RECIPES - SIMPLE TASTY FOOD RECIPES
CHRISTMAS COOKIE WEEK - COCONUT CHERRY SNOWBALLS
CHERRY ALMOND SNOWBALL COOKIES - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY SNOWBALLS - RED COTTAGE CHRONICLES
COCONUT CHERRY SNOWBALLS - BIGOVEN
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES- COOKING WITH MISS BRENDA
CHOCOLATE CHERRY SNOWBALLS PILLSBURY.COM RECIPE
CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY SNOWBALLS - BIGOVEN
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES | SAVEUR
CHERRY SNOWBALL COOKIES - CHEF IN TRAINING
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY SNOWBALLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHERRY ALMOND SNOWBALLS | VEGAN.IO
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY SNOWBALLS - GOLD MEDAL FLOUR
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #oven #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #gifts #christmas #valentines-day #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake Cherry snowball cookies?Roll out 1 tbsp of cookie dough, flatten and place cherry in the center. Fold cookie dough around the cherry until all holes are sealed. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool. For more delicious Christmas Cookie recipes try these: These Coconut Cherry Snowball Cookies are a delicious Christmas cookie!
What is a snowball cookie made out of?Cherry almond snowball cookies are soft and flavorful with a buttery melt-in-your-mouth texture. These powdered sugar-dusted cookies are filled with candied cherries and almonds for a fun twist on the classic!
What is the recipe for 3434 glacé cherries?34 glacé cherries Directions In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, 1 cup of macaroon coconut, cocoa powder, walnut pieces and salt, and set aside. In a large saucepan on medium-low heat, combine milk, vanilla, white fine sugar and butter. Stir until dissolved.
What are almond snowballs?They are the classic snowballs (i.e. Mexican wedding cookies, Russian tea cakes, etc.) with a fun cherry and almond twist, and I gotta say— they’re amazing! So soft and delicate, with a little crunch from the almonds, and lots of great cherry-almond flavor. (They actually remind me a lot of my favorite cherry chip cake, just in cookie form.)