With spaghetti and mushroom sauce, and light and dark meat chicken with bell peppers, Ree Drummond's casserole is like two meals in one. Cooking the spaghetti in the same liquid as the chicken infuses it with flavor, and the Cheddar thickens the sauce so it coats each piece of meat.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken pieces to the boiling water and boil for a few minutes, then return the heat to medium-low and simmer, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and 2 cups of the chicken cooking broth from the pot. When the chicken is cool, remove the skin and pick out the meat (a mix of dark and white) to make 2 generous cups.
- Cook the spaghetti in the same chicken cooking broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When the spaghetti is cooked, combine with the chicken, mushroom soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, the green peppers, red peppers, onions, seasoned salt, cayenne, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved chicken cooking broth, adding an additional cup if needed.
- Place the mixture in a casserole pan and top with the remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze up to 6 months, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days or bake immediately until bubbly, about 45 minutes. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).
It's not uncommon for folks to go back for second helpings of this hearty main dish when I share it at church potluck suppers. The combination of ground beef, noodles, cheese and a zippy tomato sauce is a crowd-pleaser. -Katherine Moss, Gaffney, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in next 8 ingredients. Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture. , Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 424mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and return to pot.
- To the pasta add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream of chicken soup, processed cheese, chopped chicken, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.3 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 60.9 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 1110.9 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CHICKEN CONFETTI SPAGHETTI
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Break pasta into 2" long pieces & cook in boiling water 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until partially tender.
- Meanwhile cut butter into small pieces while placing in medium bowl; set aside to soften. COmbine in micro-safe bowl: chicken, pimentoes, trinity mix, soup, salt, pepper, & broth until well blended. Cover and microwave on high 2-3 minutes or until mixture is hot and veggies begin to soften.
- Drain pasta and stir into veggie mixture. Transfer mixture evenly into 2qt baking dish. Stir cheese & bread crumbs into butter. Mix with finger tips until blended and crumbly; spread evenly over chicken mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly around edges.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 575.8, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 77.4, Sodium 1125.8, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 4.6, Protein 38.2
Chicken Confetti hearty and delicious with a fresh-tasting sauce. "Before our children grew up and started out on their own, this was a real favorite around our house," relates Sundra Lewis of Bogulusa, Louisiana, who shares the recipe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken and set aside. , Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onion; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, sauce, paste, basil and remaining salt; bring to a boil. , Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or juices run clear. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393 calories, Fat 19g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 752mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
CONFETTI CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE
Great recipe for a crowd. This recipe also freezes well.
Provided by rbccfrrstr
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Boil chicken pieces in 5 cups salted water. Remove chicken from pot and set aside. Boil remaining water down to 2 cups. Add chicken bouillon, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic; simmer 30 minutes. Add tomatoes, butter, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, olives, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer until well mixed. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package; drain. Add to above mixture. Remove chicken from bones and cube. Add chicken to pasta mixture. Add Cheddar cheese. Place in casserole dish and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
TEX-MEX CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, then drain.
- Combine the spaghetti with the cream of chicken soup, pulled chicken, chicken stock, adobo sauce, seasoned salt, poblano pepper, bell pepper, onion and 1 1/2 cups of the pepper jack in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13-by-9-inch casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup pepper jack. Bake until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves before serving.
MY MOTHER'S CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
In 1975, Craig Claiborne, then editor of The Times' food department, shared his favorite childhood dish with readers. "A few weeks ago we were interviewed on the McCanns' At Home Program on station WOR, and when the subject veered around to childhood foods, we described in some detail the dish that had given us most pleasure in early youth and adolescence and still gives us comfort as we approach senility. It was a family creation known as chicken spaghetti. It consisted of spaghetti or spaghettini and sometimes vermicelli baked in a casserole, layered with a tomato and cream sauce, a meat sauce, boneless chicken and two kinds of grated cheese. It was almost always served when large numbers were invited for special occasions. Subsequent to the program we received numerous requests for the recipe and discovered with some astonishment that we had somehow never had occasion to use it in a story."
Provided by Craig Claiborne
Categories pastas, poultry, main course
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Place the chicken with neck, gizzard, heart and liver in a kettle and add chicken broth to cover and salt to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer until the chicken is tender without being dry, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Remove the chicken and take the meat from the bones. Shred the meat, cover and set aside. Return the skin and bones to the kettle and cook the stock down 30 minutes or longer. There should be four to six cups of broth. Strain and reserve the broth. Discard the skin and bones.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a saucepan and cook down to half the original volume, stirring. There should be one and one‐half cups.
- Melt three tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring to blend with a wire whisk. When blended and smooth, add one cup of the reserved hot broth and the cream, stirring rapidly with the whisk. When thickened and smooth, add the nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- If the mushrooms are very small or button mushrooms, leave them whole. Otherwise, cut them in half or quarter them. Heat one tablespoon of butter in a small skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook, shaking the skillet occasionally and stirring the mushrooms until they are golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat three tablespoons of butter in a deep skillet and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add the celery and green pepper and cook, stirring, about five minutes. Do not overcook. The vegetables should remain crisp‐tender.
- Add the garlic, beef and pork and cook, stirring and chopping down with the edge of a large metal spoon to break up the meat. Cook just until the meat loses its red color. Add the bay leaf and red pepper flakes. Add the tomatoes and the white sauce made with the chicken broth. Add the mushrooms.
- Cook the spaghetti or spaghettini in boiling salted water until it is just tender. Do not overcook. Remember that it will cook again when blended with the chicken and meat sauce. Drain the spaghetti and run under cold running water.
- Spoon enough of the meat sauce over the bottom of a five‐ or six‐quart casserole to cover it lightly. Add about one‐third of the spaghetti. Add about one‐third of the shredded chicken, a layer of meat sauce, a layer of grated Cheddar cheese and another layer of spaghetti. Continue making layers, ending with a layer of spaghetti topped with a thin layer of meat sauce and grated Cheddar cheese.
- Pour in up to two cups of the reserved chicken broth or enough to almost but not quite cover the top layer of spaghetti. Cover and let the spaghetti stand for four hours or longer. If the liquid is absorbed as the dish stands, add a little more chicken broth. Remember that when this dish is baked and served, the sauce will be just a bit soupy rather than thick and clinging.
- When ready to bake, heat the oven to 350 degrees. (One of the stipulations in the original recipe for this dish is that the spaghetti including all the ingredients be combined at least four hours before baking, but it's not necessary.)
- Place the spaghetti casserole on top of the stove and bring it just to the boil. Cover and place it in the oven. Bake 15 minutes and uncover. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the casserole is hot and bubbling throughout and starting to brown on top. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 668, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 38 grams, SaturatedFat 19 grams, Sodium 863 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 1 gram
ONE-PAN CRISPY SPAGHETTI AND CHICKEN
This dish has won the hearts of adults and children alike, and for good reason: It's easy to prepare, fun to eat and doesn't call upon any hard-to-source ingredients. Cooking the spaghetti in this way lends plenty of texture, allowing for crispier bits at the edges and softer bits throughout. Feel free to make this dish your own by using up any soft herbs or hard cheeses you have on hand, or sprucing it up further with the addition of spice (cumin would work great here). Serve with some lightly cooked greens for a complete meal.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit/220 degrees Celsius.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large, ovenproof lidded skillet and heat over high. Season the chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then add to the hot oil, skin-side down. Cook for 7 minutes, without turning, to brown well.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high, then stir in the onion and turn over the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until the onion has softened and is lightly browned. Add the tomato paste, garlic and 1 tablespoon thyme, and cook, stirring the paste into the onions, for 2 minutes, until fragrant and everything is nicely browned.
- Add the boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then add the spaghetti, stirring to submerge and evenly distribute. Use tongs to lift the chicken pieces so they sit on top of the spaghetti, skin-side up. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven for 30 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- While the pasta is in the oven, in a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, lemon zest and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme.
- After the pasta has baked for 30 minutes, remove it from the oven and reset the temperature to a high broil (grill) setting. Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the pasta and chicken, drizzle with the remaining oil and return to the center rack to broil (grill) for 3 to 4 minutes, until nicely browned and crisp. Leave to settle for about 5 minutes before serving warm, directly from the pan.
This one dish recipe dates back to 1971, when I was all of 13, helping my mother make dinner...She got the recipe through a mail order recipe card club where you received a packet of recipes every 6 weeks or so...The original recipe was a victim of it's time with tons of meat, plenty of fat and lots of sodium! I've taken the original recipe and lightened it up a bit with less meat, tomato products that have no salt added and whole wheat pasta! Add a tossed green salad for a complete meal!
Provided by CookinwithGas
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with the 1 tsp salt and the 1/4 tsp pepper --.
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil, then remove --.
- Drain off all but 3 tbsp of the fat; add the onion and garlic, cooking until the onion is tender, stirring as it cooks --.
- Stir in chicken and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the pasta and parmesan --.
- Cover dutch oven tightly and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- When time is up, skim off excess fat; serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the parmesan --.
- Suggestion: Use egg noodles or fettucine instead of the angel hair.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.2, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 67.7, Sodium 129.9, Carbohydrate 22.2, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 4.8, Protein 31.1
More about "chicken confetti spaghetti recipes"
HOMEMADE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CONFETTI CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE | KITCHN
CONFETTI CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE - NEWEST RECIPES
CONFETTI CHICKEN PASTA - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE - SIMPLE JOY
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - CULINARY HILL
ULTIMATE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - SOUTHERN BITE
CONFETTI CHICKEN CASSEROLE
SKILLET CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - A SOUTHERN SOUL
CONFETTI CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CONFETTI CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE - FOOD RECIPES
THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI | SOUTHERN LIVING
CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
10 BEST ITALIAN CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE DETAILS | PUBLIX SUPER MARKETS
EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND …
CONFETTI CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
CONFETTI CHICKEN SALAD | PAULA DEEN
CHICKEN CONFETTI SPAGHETTI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHEESY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE - HANGRY FORK
EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI | MANTITLEMENT
RECIPE: CHICKEN CONFETTI (BETTY CROCKER RECIPE CARD LIBRARY, 1970'S ...
EASY BAKED CHICKEN SPAGHETTI (+ VIDEO) - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY BAKED CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI – ONE PAN, ENDLESS VARIATIONS!
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI (EASY RECIPE WITH VIDEO) | HOW TO FEED A LOON
10 BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CHICKEN CONFETTI SPAGHETTI : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #pasta #poultry #easy #european #italian #chicken #one-dish-meal #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #spaghetti
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you cook confetti spaghetti?Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. Can you freeze Confetti Spaghetti?
What do you put on your chicken spaghetti?It's fairly simple to make, and my wife said it was better than the original. Shredded chicken and spaghetti stirred into a mixture of melted cheese, green onion, tomatoes, red and green chile peppers and creamy mushroom soup. A Classic Chicken Spaghetti with a little bite.
What's your favorite way to cook spaghetti?"I like it because it doesn't heat up the kitchen on hot days." Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cheese and tomatoes; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add chicken; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with cheese sauce.
Can you freeze confetti spaghetti sauce?Can you freeze Confetti Spaghetti? Freeze cooled spaghetti mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan over low heat, stirring gently; add water if necessary.