SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
The best meals are the ones that take little effort while still earning that homemade label, and this Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is the perfect example. This easy-prep chicken tortilla soup recipe simmers for hours while you prep it in just 15 minutes. Come home to amazing flavors like green chiles, diced tomatoes, cumin, cilantro and tasty tortilla chips. Check out our step-by-step directions for how to make this tortilla soup in a slow cooker, and sit down to something delicious.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add broth, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions, green chiles, cumin and chili powder to slow cooker; stir to combine. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; sprinkle with pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through (at least 165°F in center). Remove chicken from slow cooker to plate; shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in cilantro. Top each serving with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream.
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
This tortilla soup tastes better than anything you can get at a restaurant. And it's healthy too! Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you. All you do is dump everything into the slow cooker and walk away. Garnish with grated Cheddar, avocados, and a splash of fresh lime juice.
Provided by Elena
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
Throw this together in the morning and be ready for a warm dinner tonight, I have used frozen chicken breasts in place of thawed, and they worked great! They did take an hour or so to thaw with the crockpot on high, so maybe allow for 30 min-an hour extra cooking time. Different crockpots cook totally differently, some people say that the extra water added made their soup very watery and tasteless, in my crockpot this is not the case. If you like try skipping the water when you put everything in the crockpot in the morning, and if your soup looks too thick before serving add a little water and let it cook in for 10-15 minutes. If you don't love spicy food, look for the MILD Ro-Tel.
Provided by Tandy Higgins
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- * instead of these spices, you could include a packet of Taco seasoning if you prefer.
- Put chopped onion, cans of beans, rotel, corn, chicken broth, water, and spices in CrockPot and stir to mix.
- Put chicken breasts on top of mixture and make sure they're at least partly submerged in liquid.
- Cook on high 6-7 hours or low 8-9 hours.
- Before serving remove the chicken breasts from soup and shred, if needed, (sometimes they'll just fall apart on their own, but sometimes they need some help).
- Return chicken to CrockPot, stir to combine.
- To serve put a few tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl, ladle soup over tortilla chips, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, serve with more chips if you like. Enjoy!
More about "chicken tortilla crockpot soup recipe 445"
BEST SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO ...
2020-10-13 · Directions. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken …
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - MOMS WITH CROCKPOTS
2019-10-21 · IN a 5 quart or larger crockpot place the chicken, top with the onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, chicken broth, cilantro, and salt Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot.
- IN a 5 quart or larger crockpot place the chicken, top with the onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, chicken broth, cilantro, and salt
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - ADD A PINCH | ROBYN STONE
2020-09-10 · Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe. To make it in the slow cooker, you simply add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker and set the timer for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Then, when ready to serve, shred your chicken using two forks, garnish and serve! Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe …
- Place chicken on the bottom of slow cooker insert. Pour enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes over the chicken. Add remaining ingredients, except garnish ingredients, and stir together with a spoon. Cover the slow cooker insert and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Add chicken, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chicken stock, spices, black beans, and corn to the instant pot. Seal the lid and select the soup setting. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Then, when cooking has completed, use the natural release for 5 minutes. Test for doneness by pricking chicken with a sharp knife for the juices to run clear. Shred the chicken using two forks and stir the soup to combine well.
- Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch pieces and set aside. Add the onion, garlic, and spices to a 6-quart Dutch oven or heavy stockpot set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until the onion is tender and the spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, and the corn. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP (IN SLOW COOKER OR INSTANT POT ...
2019-02-28 · How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Sauté the onion with the oil in a small saucepan then add to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients (up to the shredded chicken) and cook on High setting for 3-4 hours or Low setting for 7-8 hours. Garnish with the toppings and serve. How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - EASY AND BUDGET ...
2020-11-10 · 2020-11-10 · Place the chicken, tomatoes, beans, onions, corn, broth and seasonings in the crock pot. in the morning. Cook on low all day (6 to 8 hours). Once cooked, shred chicken and place back into the crockpot.
CROCK-POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - CROCK-POT LADIES
2019-04-01 · Instructions Add all ingredients to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker and stir briefly to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Carefully lift cooked chicken breasts out of the slow cooker …
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP (CROCK POT) • DOMESTIC SUPERHERO
2019-02-04 · YES to both! Crock Pot Chicken tortilla soup can be doubled in the crock pot and then divided to freeze. Use freezer safe bags to freeze. I divide the soup into 4 cup portions to freeze per bag. Seal and lay flat in the freezer to freeze. Be sure to label with the date and name of the soup. The chicken tortilla soup …
- In the slow cooker place chicken breasts (or beans), tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies and garlic. Pour in the water and broth, and add the cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken into pieces and then place back into soup; stir. (this step is only needed if making with chicken)
7 CAN CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
2021-05-24 · This 7 Can Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is quite possibly the easiest recipe for this kind of soup that you will ever see. What makes it even better is that the soup is incredibly flavorful and wonderfully delicious! I am positive this will make it onto your “go to recipes…
CROCK-POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - FREEZER FRIENDLY
2014-01-11 · Turn your slow cooker to high and add broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomatillo salsa, beans and chicken breasts, whole. Next dice your bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion and tear your corn tortilla into small pieces before tossing them into the pot as well. The corn tortillas help the soup …
- Essentially you're going to toss everything in and walk away, but because I like to explain the methods to my madness I'll go into a bit more detail for ya:
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomatillo salsa, beans and chicken breasts, whole.
- Next dice your bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion and tear your corn tortilla into small pieces before tossing them into the pot as well. The corn tortillas help the soup to thicken a bit and also act as noodles!
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
2021-03-26 · Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth and then set aside. In a crockpot, combine drained and rinsed beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and salt. Place the chicken breasts on top of the …
- Stir in flour and keep stirring until smooth and bubbly. Watch this closely as it can scorch or clump easily.
- Remove mixture from heat and add the chicken broth and ½ cup of the milk, a little at a time, stirring continuously to keep smooth.
- Return to heat and bring sauce to an easy boil while stirring constantly, until it thickens and remove from heat.
EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - THE LOVE NERDS
2019-06-03 · Instructions Add Rotel, black beans, corn, chopped onion, spices, and chicken broth in slow cooker. Place the cleaned chicken onto the top of the ingredients. Make sure most of the chicken is submerged in the broth.
- Place the cleaned chicken onto the top of the ingredients. Make sure most of the chicken is submerged in the broth.
- About 30 minutes before you eat, take out the chicken and shred. The chicken should just fall apart. Put the shredded chicken back in the pot, stir, and let it cook on low until you are ready to eat.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
2021-04-08 · Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices and chicken to the slow cooker. Cook on low for about 7 hours. (You may not need as much time if you start with thawed chicken) Remove the chicken, and shred with two forks; return the chicken …
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | BEST CROCKPOT ...
2020-01-13 · 2020-02-05 · Instructions Combine all Chicken Tortilla Sopu ingredients (except cilantro) in slow cooker and stir. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on …
CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP | CROCK POT SOUP RECIPE
2019-09-18 · 2019-09-18 · How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. To a crock pot add, chicken breast, diced onions, garlic, zucchini, squash, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder and diced fire roasted tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper and add chicken broth. Stir to mix everything together. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
CHICKEN TORTILLA CROCK POT SOUP RECIPE | CRAVING SOME ...
2019-09-17 · Heat olive oil In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper. Cook until onion is softened, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP | LAUREN'S LATEST
2020-10-12 · Add all canned ingredients to cold crockpo t. Pour in cooked veggies. Add in chicken stock, spices and whole raw chicken breasts. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
EASY CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE ...
2020-02-23 · 2020-02-23 · Add the onion and one tablespoon vegetable oil to a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook the onions until they are translucent. (about 4-5 minutes) Add the rest of the soup ingredients but use leftover cooked chicken instead of raw chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - HEATHY LITTLE FOODIES
2018-05-02 · This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe is great for busy family life. Simply dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker, cook for 4-8 hrs and top with your favourite topping. Kids love the fun appeal of the toppings and it is a great way to encourage more vegetable intake.
CHICKEN TORTILLA CROCKPOT SOUP RECIPE 445- TFRECIPES
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
See details »
EASY CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP | COOKIES & CUPS
2020-01-20 · 2020-01-20 · Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add in the softened onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, canned tomatoes, Adobo sauce, black beans, corn, and chicken broth. Stir ingredients together, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or 6 hours on low. Remove the chicken from the soup and shred.
See details »
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - RECIPE CHRONICLE
1970-01-01 · CrockPot Chicken Tortilla Soup ©TheShortcutKitchen. PIN IT to your SOUPS board to SAVE it for later!. Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!. Why We Love This Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup. Easy to find ingredients and only 4 steps to make this an easy soup to cook and serve from the crockpot in no time at all.
See details »
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
2017-04-25 · 2017-04-25 · Instructions. Mix all ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Before serving, remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot. Mix well. Serve the soup with extra lime, sour cream, or tortilla chips, as desired.
See details »
CROCK POT CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE 445- TFRECIPES
Blend chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder, flour, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth. Put chicken breast in bottom of a slow cooker; pour blended enchilada sauce over the chicken. Cook on Low 8 to 9 hours (or 4 to 6 hours on High). Shred the chicken with 2 large forks and stir into the sauce.
See details »
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - BEST OF CROCK
2021-06-18 · 2021-06-18 · Every culture seems to have a staple soup. The Jewish community has matzo ball soup, Italy has minestrone, Canada has split pea soup and Mexico has menudo.But you don’t have to make menudo to get a classic Mexican soup. You could make a simple crockpot chicken tortilla soup recipe and get an equally good tasting soup.
See details »
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE! - YOUTUBE
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe6 ServingsMacros:2f/30c/44p• 2-3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts• 1 can petite diced tomatoes (15oz)• 1 can black bean...
See details »