PICKLE BRINED FRIED CHICKEN WITH HOT HONEY SAUCE
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, pickling spices, bay leaf, 1/4 cup salt and 2 cups cold water in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring, until the salt and sugar dissolve. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice. Remove the brine from the heat and pour it over the ice to cool to room temperature. Add the chicken skin-side down, being sure to keep the chicken submerged. If the chicken is not completely covered in brine, add more cold water. Cover the pot and let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate up to overnight.
- When you're ready to fry the chicken, pour enough oil into a large Dutch oven to reach about a third of the way up the side and deep enough to submerge the chicken. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with wire racks.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and place in a large bowl with the buttermilk. Put the flour in a large paper bag. Season the flour with the dill, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and remaining tablespoon salt. A few pieces at a time, transfer the chicken to the bag with the flour and shake well to coat. Place the coated chicken on the wire rack-lined cookie sheet.
- Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and the internal temperature measures 165 degrees F, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove to another wire rack-lined baking sheet and transfer to the oven while you cook the rest of the chicken. Let cool slightly before serving with the Hot Honey Sauce.
- Stir together the honey, butter, hot sauce, paprika and cayenne in a small saucepot over medium heat. Heat and stir until smooth and all ingredients are combined.
PICKLE BRINE CHICKEN
There aren't a lot of great uses for leftover pickle juice. I did hear recently that some people like to drink this stuff after jogging, which I found to be quite shocking, since I had no idea people still jogged. Like most brined recipes, the payoff is in the texture and moisture content and not necessarily in the taste. Having said that, these did have a nice little twang. So the next time you have nothing left in the pickle jar but the juice, you now know what to do.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk pickle juice, brown sugar, kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 pinch cayenne pepper together in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Submerge chicken breasts in brine, using a plate or bowl to sink the breasts into the brine; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken breasts from brine, discard the brine, and dry chicken breasts with paper towels. Brush each breast with olive oil and season each with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to a plate, tent the plate with aluminum foil, and let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Cholesterol 129.2 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 47.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 5451.5 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
POACHED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH DILL PICKLE SAUCE
This is a recipe the Canadian Living Test Kitchen Serve with: Egg noodles or new potatoes and a green leafy vegetable This sauce is inspired by Swedish cuisine, but the flavours are typical of those found in much of the Scandinavian and Baltic world. Poaching keeps the chicken breasts moist and tender.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In shallow saucepan, bring 3 cups water and salt to boil.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and bay leaf; cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl; set aside.
- Add chicken to pan; bring to simmer.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, turning once, for about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Discard bay leaf.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to serving plate and keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix together sour cream, flour, lemon juice, allspice, cloves and pepper.
- Pour 3/4 cup poaching liquid into small saucepan; whisk in sour cream mixture.
- Bring to simmer; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pickle and reserved diced vegetables; return to simmer. Stir in all but 2 tsp of the parsley; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag; cover with pickle juice. Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain pickle juice from thighs. Cover chicken; refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 inches oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour buttermilk and flour into 2 separate bowls. Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in buttermilk. Toss in flour. Return to buttermilk and toss in flour a second time. Place chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet.
- Fill Dutch oven with as many thighs as possible without crowding. Cook at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Place thighs on the baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are fried. Transfer thighs to the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Season with a pinch of salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.3 calories, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 60.8 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 3053.2 mg, Sugar 3 g
SOY-GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH PICKLED CUCUMBERS
The pan-steam method used here ensures boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook quickly while staying moist. The technique works with water, but a flavorful mixture of soy sauce, honey, garlic and coriander infuses the chicken with even more flavor. Depending on the size of the skillet you use, the sauce may reduce a little slower or faster than the time indicated. When you swipe a rubber spatula across the bottom of the skillet, the sauce should hold a spatula-wide trail that fills in with liquid pretty quickly. If you happen to reduce too much, whisk in water one tablespoon at a time until you're back to a shiny sauce that can be drizzled. Rice is an obvious side, but the sliced chicken and pickled cucumbers are really good tucked inside flour tortillas, too.
Provided by Dawn Perry
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium bowl, toss to combine the cucumber, shallot, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside while you make the chicken.
- In a shallow dish, stir soy sauce and honey together; add chicken and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and coriander and stir to coat. Add chicken breasts (reserve the marinade) and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. (Browning happens a little faster than usual here because of the honey and soy; if the marinade is getting too dark, lower the heat slightly.)
- Add reserved marinade and 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more per side.
- Uncover the skillet, increase heat to medium-high and cook, turning chicken occasionally, until liquid is reduced and chicken is glazed, about 5 minutes. Serve chicken drizzled with any leftover glaze over rice with cucumber salad and cilantro.
More about "chicken with pickle sauce recipes"
BEST PICKLE CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PICKLE CHICKEN
Category Dinner, Main Dish, PoultryTotal Time 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk together ⅓ cup olive oil, pickle juice, dijon, dill, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes.
PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN WITH HERB SAUCE - RICARDO CUISINE
- In a glass dish, combine the chicken, pickle juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight, turning the chicken once or twice. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the garlic in the oil. Add the parsley, rosemary, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes or until the parsley has wilted. Add the chopped pickles, mayonnaise and water. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Thin out the sauce with water, if needed.
CRISPY CHICKEN WITH PICKLE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 40 minsCalories 590 per serving
HOW TO MAKE PICKLEBACK CHICKEN WINGS - DELISH
PICKLE-BRINED BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS - SKINNYTASTE
PICKLE FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
BEST GRILLED CHICKEN WITH PEACH PICKLE BBQ SAUCE RECIPES | FOOD …
HOMEMADE FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH DILL PICKLE SAUCE
FROM SOUP WITH A PICKLE SALAD TO DEEP-FRIED SESAME-COATED BITES ...
CHICK-FIL-A PICKLE JUICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST CHICKEN MARINATED IN PICKLE JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUTHERN-STYLE CRISPY CHICKEN WITH PICKLE CREAM SAUCE …
FRIED CHICKEN & PICKLE SAUCE - TROIS FOIS PAR JOUR
RECIPE: PICKLE BRINED FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH H-SAUCE …
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN & PICKLES RECIPE FROM BURDOCK & CO
HOT SAUCE FRIED CHICKEN WITH PICKLED OKRA SLAW RECIPE
PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN WITH HERB SAUCE | RICARDO
CHICKEN WITH PICKLE SAUCE – RECIPES NETWORK
ACHARI CHICKEN PICKLE RECIPE | KARACHI STYLE CHICKEN PICKLE RECIPE
PICKLE CHICKEN WITH AIOLI SAUCE - MY FAIR HOSTESS
DELICIOUS PICKLE BRINE CHICKEN RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
CHICKEN WITH PICKLE SAUCE
SOUTHERN PICKLE-BRINED CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - LITTLE …
PICKLE BRINED FRIED CHICKEN WITH COMEBACK SAUCE
PICKLE CHICKEN WITH GARLIC FRIES AND SPICY PICKLE DIP
CHICKEN WITH PICKLE SAUCE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD ...
POACHED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH DILL PICKLE SAUCE - CANADIAN LIVING
CHICKEN WITH PROSECCO SAUCE | PICKLED PLUM
CHICKEN WITH PICKLES & HOTDOG BITS BY BERNADETTE
FRIED CHICKEN - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
THE GOOD DISH BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH HOMEMADE PICKLES …
PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
PICKLE BRINE CHICKEN (EASY TO MAKE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
GRILLED CHICKEN CUTLETS, PICKLED SWEET CHERRY PEPPER SAUCE
PICKLE BRINED FRIED CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
PICKLE JUICE CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH - SLICE OF JESS
CANTONESE CHICKEN WITH PICKLED MUSTARD GREENS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make fried chicken with pickle juice?Cut chicken into strips. Place in a large ziptop bag with pickle juice. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from pickle juice and place in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk and hot sauce. Stir to coat chicken well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
How to cook chicken pickles in the oven?Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours. Drain pickle juice from thighs. Cover chicken; refrigerate until ready to fry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat 2 inches oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour buttermilk and flour into 2 separate bowls. Season flour with salt and pepper.
How do you cook chicken tenders in pickle juice?First you’ll soak the chicken tenders in pickle juice for 4 to 6 hours. You can use chicken tenderloins, or cut 3 boneless chicken breasts into strips. Next you’ll put the chicken in a mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce for 1 hour. It’s enough hot sauce to give them a little zip, but I wouldn’t say they are spicy.
How to cook pickle juice chicken thighs?Pickle juice is salty—it gives the chicken marinade amazing flavor when mixed with olive oil, garlic, and fresh dill. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk together ⅓ cup olive oil, pickle juice, dijon, dill, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add chicken thighs and toss to combine. Marinate 20 minutes.