CHILI PEPPER COOKIES
Cut out to look like their namesake, these cookies were sweet treats at the celebration. We used a favorite recipe that makes a tender, slightly soft sugar cookies. By tinting the frosting and adding some colored sugar sprinkles, these can be decorated with out a lot of fuss. They really say "fiesta".-Terri Newton, Marshall, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle., On a lightly floured surface, roll and pat out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. chili pepper shaped cookies cutter. , Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool., In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Tint 1/3 cup green; set aside. Tint remaining frosting red. Frost "peppers" red and "stems" green; sprinkle with matching sugar.
Nutrition Facts :
CHEF JOHN'S CHILI CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Just like adding a pinch of salt to dessert recipes makes them even sweeter and more delicious, the addition of pepper in this cookie really makes the chocolate even more chocolaty. The cookies aren't really spicy, but you can definitely tell something strange and wonderful is happening.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Heat currants and coffee liqueur in a saucepan over low heat until it begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and butter in bowl. Place bowl on top of a saucepan filled with 1-inch of water set over low heat. Stir chocolate mixture occasionally until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix flour, black pepper, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk sugar and eggs in a small bowl until light, fluffy, and pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture.
- Fold flour mixture into sugar and chocolate mixture until combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips and liqueur-soaked currants.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are almost set, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave on baking sheets to cool, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and allow to finish cooling, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.6 calories, Carbohydrate 36.4 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 74.2 mg, Sugar 27.4 g
Ready for something different, something addictive? You like it spicy and you like cookies not overhelming sweet? Are you looking for a surprising treat? Then try these cookies. They have a wonderful texture. On the first bite you will have the taste of buttery cinnamon with a delicate crunch. Then of roasted almonds and hatzel nuts and then the highlight, the pepperiness of cayenne (or chili). I use cayenne for these cookies and I like this spicy, almost hot ending taste of these cookies. The shape of these cookies is in Germany known for cookies called "Kipferl" (shaped like a "C" or like a "half-moon"). The cookies will rise just a very little during baking. For the texture of the cookies, it is important that the cookies are "cooled", so that the butter inside is firm enough. If you like it a bit sweeter dust the cookies with powdered sugar (instead of dutch processed cacao). Hope you will enjoy this different treat as much as I do.
Provided by Thorsten
Yield 40 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- If you are using dried chili crunch them as fine as possible and measure then 1/2 teaspoon.
- In the bowl of your food processor add the first six ingredients.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and roast the grounded almonds until golden. Immediately remove from heat and add to the other ingredients.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to flour mixture. Add egg yolk.
- Mix in your food processor until dough is formed. Take dough out of the bowl, knead once or twice and then form a roll (this will make it easier to divide dough later).
- Wrap dough roll into cling film a put it into fridge for 30 minutes. Line out baking tray(s) with parchment paper.
- Take dough out of the fridge and cut roll into 10 slices. Cut each slice into 4 pieces. You should now have 40 little dough pieces.
- Roll each pice into a roll of about 3 to 4 inches in lenght. The middle of each roll should be a bit thicker and let the roll taper off towards the ends. Put the rolls onto the baking tray forming a "C" (half-moon shape).
- Put the baking tray(s) in a cold place for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven (390 F, 200 C).
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Let them cool completely on a cooling rack. Dust them with (unsweetened) cacao powder.
- NOTE: cooking time is given for one baking tray. Time to make includes 60 minutes for cooling the dough.
- NOTE: I put the cookies on the baking tray into the fridge for 30 minutes. It is important to keep the formed cookies for 30 minutes in a cold place. The butter in the cookies has to be cooled completely.
- NOTE: these cookies are very spicy. If you don't like them spicy reduce the amount of cayenne pepper / dried chili pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.6, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 10.1, Sodium 18.5, Carbohydrate 4.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.6, Protein 0.8
More about "chili pepper cookies recipes"
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (21)Calories 194 per servingCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish
- In a large pot add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until almost tender. Add in the ground beef and cook and crumble until brown.
- Add in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne.
CHILE PEPPER CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Servings 48Category DessertAuthor Mary Sue Milliken and Susan FenigerDifficulty Easy
- Soften the butter. In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter and add the egg, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until blended. Whisk together the flour and salt and gradually add them to the creamed mixture, on low speed. Add some water, a few drops at a time, until the dough starts to come away from the side of the bowl.
- Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out chile pepper shapes, using a cookie cutter or freehand. Transfer shapes to greased or nonstick cookie sheets.
- Using a few drops of food coloring at a time, color the egg yolk in each cup, as desired. Using a small, clean paint brush, paint the chile pepper red and its stem green.
SPICY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE COOKIES : RECIPES : COOKING ...
5/5 (9)Category DessertServings 24Total Time 55 mins
HOW TO BAKE GREEN CHILI PEPPER COOKIES « DESSERT RECIPES ...
Author LinguicaEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CHILI PEPPER RECIPES - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
DARK CHOCOLATE CHILI COOKIES - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
4.4/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chili chocolate chunks. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
SPICY CHILI CHOCOLATE COOKIES - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 176 per serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together on medium high speed until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until combined. Stir in the chopped chili chocolate. The dough will be very thick.
- Roll into rounded tablespoons and roll in the coarse sugar, if desired. Place on the prepared sheet and press down on the rounds so that they have a flat top. Bake until tops are cracked and edges are set, 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
BEST RECIPES WITH FRESH CHILE PEPPERS | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl Hanson
CHILE PEPPER RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CHILI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ~ MACHEESMO
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 18Total Time 45 mins
DARK CHOCOLATE WITH CHILI PEPPER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACKENED SWEET PEPPER WITH CHILIS AND EGGS - YUKON EVENTS ...
CHILE PEPPER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHILE PEPPER CHRISTMAS COOKIES | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE ...
CHILI PEPPER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CHILI PEPPER COOKIES | STUFFED PEPPERS, ICED SUGAR COOKIES ...
CHILI PEPPER COOKIES RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHILI COOKIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHILE PEPPERS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CHILI PEPPER COOKIES RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chili pepper cookies at home?Directions. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. chili pepper shaped cookies cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
What kind of spices are in chili chocolate cookies?Spiced with cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and a chili-studded chocolate bar, these fudgy cookies will heat you up on a cold autumn day. I have traditionally been a gal who likes her food mild.
How long do you bake chili chocolate cookies?Stir in the chopped chili chocolate. The dough will be very thick. Roll into rounded tablespoons and roll in the coarse sugar, if desired. Place on the prepared sheet and press down on the rounds so that they have a flat top. Bake until tops are cracked and edges are set, 8-10 minutes.
What's the best way to cook chile peppers?For an addictive appetizer, fry these Spanish peppers in a heavy skillet until they are blistered. Then finish them with a sprinkle of sea salt. Papaya, mango, and rum add a sweet, tropical touch to this slightly spicy, chile-laced salsa. It is named for the region where New Mexico chiles hail from.