CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM
- Make the Cookie Dough: Cream the butter in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or use a hand-held beater) until soft and fluffy. Add both sugars and mix. Add the vanilla and 1 egg and mix. Add the remaining egg and mix. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. Add the chips and mix just until just combined.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into a long thin rope; then cut into small bits. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the Ice Cream Base: In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the half-and-half, cream, and vanilla, whisking occasionally, to make sure the mixture doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. When the cream mixture reaches a fast simmer (do not let it boil), turn off the heat and let the flavors infuse for 10 minutes. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. In a thin stream, whisk half of the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Then pour the egg-cream mixture back into the saucepan containing the rest of the cream mixture.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. At 160 degrees F., the mixture will give off a puff of steam. When the mixture reaches 180 degrees F, it will be thickened and creamy, like eggnog. (If you don't have a thermometer, test it by dipping a wooden spoon into the mixture. Run your finger down the back of the spoon. If the stripe remains clear, the mixture is ready; if the edges blur, the mixture is not quite thick enough.) When it is ready, quickly remove it from the heat.
- Meanwhile, put 2 handfuls of ice cubes in the bottom of a bowl, and add cold water to cover. Rest a smaller bowl in the ice water. Pour the cream mixture through a fine sieve (to remove the vanilla bean pieces and cinnamon sticks) into the smaller bowl. Chill for 3 hours.
- Freeze the cream mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Meanwhile, put a bowl in the freezer. When the ice cream is frozen, remove the bowl from the freezer, and transfer the ice cream to it. Fold in the chocolate chip cookie dough (you may not need all of it). Pack the ice cream into sealable containers and return to the freezer. (Make cookies: bake any leftover dough in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.)
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixer, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, butter and margarine until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in three batches, mixing gently after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips, flax seed and millet.
- Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Using a kitchen scoop, take one scoop of ice cream and place it onto the flat side of a cookie, then top with second cookie, pressing to allow the ice cream to spread slightly. Immediately roll the edges of the cookie in chocolate chips or candies so that the ice cream is coated. Wrap individually in plastic and freeze until the ice cream is very firm, at least 4 hours.
EASY MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved. Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. After about 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips. After the ice cream has thickened, about 30 minutes later, spoon into a container, and freeze for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.9 calories, Carbohydrate 43.2 g, Cholesterol 86.4 mg, Fat 29.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 18.3 g, Sodium 195.4 mg, Sugar 39.8 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM
This is a version of one of the recipes that came with my ice cream machine. It is important to use purchased raw cookie dough in this or homemade cookie dough that does not contain raw eggs. This makes about 1 quart batter and freezes to 1 1/2 quarts. (Prep time assumes your ice cream maker is ready to go once the batter has chilled). Cook time is approximately how long a typical electric ice cream maker takes to freeze the ice cream and does not include additional freezing time in the "real" freezer. NOTE: Recently, there have been issues with raw purchased cookie dough in the news, please be certain to use an egg free cookie dough in this recipe or purchased dough that specifically mentions safe for eating raw.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat together egg substitutes, sugar, and vanilla well.
- Add cream and half-n-half (or milk) and beat well.
- Pour into a covered pitcher and set in fridge chill well.
- Pour chilled liquid into an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- While the ice cream machine is running, go ahead and chop up the cookie dough chunks- stir them into the ice cream once the ice cream maker has completed the freezing process.
- Ice cream will still be fairly soft at this point- transfer to an airtight freezer container and freeze until firm.
- Plan to eat up quickly as this only keeps fresh a few days.
CHOCOLATE CHIP-ICE CREAM DESSERT
Prize-Winning Recipe 2009! Love ice cream shop cakes? Try this tasty homemade version made easily with a cookie mix.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, make 5 cookies by dropping dough by tablespoonfuls. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, press remaining dough in pan, using moistened fingers (dough will be sticky). Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup chocolate topping over baked crust. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, remove ice cream from freezer to soften. Spread softened ice cream evenly over chocolate-topped crust.
- Crumble 5 baked cookies; sprinkle over ice cream layer. Drizzle remaining chocolate topping over cookie crumbs. Cover; freeze 2 hours. To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before cutting. For serving pieces, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Store covered in freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 220 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM CAKE
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.6 calories, Carbohydrate 66.5 g, Cholesterol 42.5 mg, Fat 28.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 316.3 mg, Sugar 46.5 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
A smooth and delicious Vanilla Ice Cream, generously sprinkled with Milk Chocolate Chips. I found this on the 'Real Simple' website, and couldn't resist trying it to test my new Ice Cream Maker.
Provided by Misplaced Brit
Categories Ice Cream
Yield 1 quart ice cream
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, combine the Cream, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Turn on the Ice Cream maker, and pour in the mixture, following the Manufacturer's instructions for freezing.
- Add Chocolate Chips when desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer in an airtight container.
CINNAMON CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
I was first served this creamy, soft-set ice cream at a friend's house. A hint of cinnamon is the secret ingredient.-Gloria Heidner, Elk River, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips. , Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer of firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with additional chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 41mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
DIRTY MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
We have news for you. That supermarket mint chip ice cream with the nuclear-green color? It doesn't have any mint leaves in it. It has mint oil or fake mint flavoring, and that nasty color comes from artificial coloring. Real, fresh mint leaves give our Dirty Mint a fresh, cool intensity. Why is it "dirty"? Because we use brown sugar in the base, which gives the ice cream a deep caramel punch and a natural light brown color. It is also "dirty" because we don't strain out the mint. Leaving it in deepens the flavor the longer the ice cream is in the freezer. (Warning: This has been known to convert mint ice cream haters.) Excerpted from COOLHAUS Ã‚Â© 2014 by Natasha Case and Freya Estreller. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 1 1â„2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Stir mint leaves, dark brown sugar, and salt into base. Mix well.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape into an airtight storage container. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
More about "chocolate chip ice cream recipes"
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM | BY LEIGH ANNE …
4.9/5 (33)Calories 501 per servingCategory Dessert
- About 5 minutes before ice cream is done, pour in chocolate chips and churn for 5 more minutes to allow them to incorporate.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFFEE BITS ICE CREAM - BAREFEET IN THE …
INCREDIBLE NO-CHURN CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE
CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (PSST! IT’S KIND OF …
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW ICE CREAM - ERREN'S KITCHEN
THE HOMEMADE CHIPWICH: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE …
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE - HOMEMADE IS BETTER
Ratings 3Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Combine milk and cream in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until the mixture reaches a temperature of 170°F and bubbles start to form around the edges.
- While the milk mixture is heating, whisk the egg yolks together until smooth in a heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in the sugar until well incorporated and the mixture is thick and a pale yellow color. Temper the egg yolks by very slowly pouring the hot milk mixture while whisking constantly. Pour this mixture back into the saucepan and heat, stirring frequently, on low heat to a temperature of 185°F. The mixture should be slightly thickened, enough to coat the back of a spoon. It should not come to a boil.
- Pour the custard mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl in an ice bath to cool the mixture completely, stirring constantly. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the custard from the refrigerator and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn for about 20 minutes (follow your ice cream maker directions).
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.2/5 (536)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 717 per serving
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing. Once the desired consistency has been reached, stir in the chocolate.
EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
5/5 (1)Total Time 4 hrs 35 minsCategory Ice Cream RecipesCalories 533 per serving
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPES - BLUEBOXRECIPE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM - MY TASTY THINGS
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SHAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GIANT ICE CREAM SANDWICH WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS | RICARDO
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - CREATE MINDFULLY
RECIPE: CHERRY CHOCOLATE-CHIP ICE CREAM – CLEVELAND CLINIC
NO-CHURN MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - I AM BAKER
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICH BARS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN®
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE AWAZ ENTERTAINMENT - MOST …
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
30 EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE CHIP KEFIR ICE CREAM RECIPE - CULTURES …
VANILLA CHOCOLATE CHIP MILKSHAKE - CHAPMAN'S ICE CREAM
GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE COMPANY
KETO MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - KICKING CARBS
MEXICAN CHILI CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM - THERESCIPES.INFO
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE
THE BEST MINT CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE | WORLDCHOCOLATEDIRECTORY.ORG
VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE ICE CREAM - SIMPLY SCRATCH
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - JUST A TASTE
CAPPUCCINO-CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - UNITED DAIRY INDUSTRY OF …
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - CREATE MINDFULLY
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM RECIPE - DINNER, THEN …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #frozen-desserts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something
Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 4001M views-08:32
Mint & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - 200th RECIPE230K views-04:24
Espresso Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - No Churn 4 Ingredients recipe14K views-04:41
Vegan Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream | The Edgy Veg29K views-03:43
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake | Cake Recipe | Allrecipes.com34K views-03:48
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream | No Machine Needed129K views-04:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make ice cream with chocolate chips and milk?MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE In a large bowl, combine the Cream, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Stir till sugar is dissolved. Turn on the Ice Cream maker, and pour in the mixture, following the Manufacturer's instructions for freezing. Add Chocolate Chips when desired consistency is reached.
How do you serve choco chip ice cream?Serve choco chip ice cream in bowls or cups. you can also drizzle some chocolate sauce on the choco chips ice cream if you want. If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below.
What is the easiest way to make ice cream?Making your own ice cream might sound difficult, but Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is one of the easiest recipes ever. The hands-on work is done in a few minutes, then you just have to wait for it to set. All you have to do is whisk together the half and half, heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
What is chocolate chip ice cream made out of?Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is made with a creamy vanilla base and chocolate chunks. Simple flavors make it a perfect dessert topping or served in a cone. Saved! Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl before adding to your ice cream maker and churn according to machine instructions.