- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 by 4 inches. Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet, and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes. Serve with pistachio ice cream.
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Stir together the sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs and whites, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated. Fold in the dried apricots, then 11/2 cups pistachios until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually stir in the flour and cornmeal until very well blended (if necessary, work in the last of it with your hands). Let dough stand for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Divide the dough in half. Using greased hands, shape and smooth each half into an 8x4-inch loaf, spacing them 4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Pat each loaf to an even thickness.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until firm and light brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of each comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside; cool completely. Transfer to a cutting board. Using a large, serrated knife, cut each loaf into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place slices, cut side down, on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets.
- Return one baking sheet to the oven. Bake slices 12 to 14 minutes or until toasted and light brown, turning once halfway through baking and watching closely to avoid overbrowning. Slide the parchment paper with baked cookies on it to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening in a medium microwave-safe bowl on 100% power (high) 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip one half of each cookie crosswise into melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and place on clean parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios and let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 54.7 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
These twice-baked cookies from Tuscany are made for dipping in a robust cup of espresso, though milk or hot chocolate wouldn't be a bad choice either. If you can't find shelled pistachios, or balk at their hefty price tag, feel free to replace them with the nut of your choice (walnuts are a particularly lovely option).
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Place the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven, shaking the baking sheet occasionally, until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly. Roughly chop, then cool completely.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter, vanilla, salt, eggs and egg yolk. Add the flour, sugar and baking powder and mix on low until a rough dough begins to form. Add the pistachios and chocolate chips and continue to mix. If the dough seems dry, add some cold water a teaspoon at a time. If the dough is too wet, add a pinch of flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured cutting board and knead gently to make sure the chocolate chips and pistachios are evenly distributed. Divide the dough in half, and shape each into a 10-by-3-inch log. Place onto one of the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Let the biscotti rest until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Slice the logs into 3/4-inch pieces, and arrange them on the baking sheets, cut-side down. Bake until toasted and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Flip them over and continue to bake until dry and just barely golden brown, another 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Biscotti will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
Chocolate, pistachios and cranberries make a dramatic, delicious trio. Introducing the cranberries to this recipe added tartness, texture and color, too. -Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 cookies.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips, pistachios and cranberries., Divide dough into 4 portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10x2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 5 minutes. , Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 48mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
Biscotti are perfect for dunking, so give them as a holiday gift in a cafe-au-lait bowl: Stand them in the bowl, stretch cellophane over the top to the bottom, and tie with a ribbon.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. In electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs on medium speed until lightened. Add vanilla. On low speed, add chocolate mixture, then flour mixture. Stir in nuts and raisins. Dough will be soft.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Form two 9-inch-long-by-3 1/2-inch-wide logs on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until dough sets, 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 275 degrees. Cut dough on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices; place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Turn over; bake 20 minutes, until slightly dry. Let cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat till well combined, scaping sides, if necessary.
- Add flour mixture and stir to form a stiff dough.
- Stir in pistachio nuts and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 x 4 inches.
- Bake till slightly firm, about 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cut biscotti on the diagonal into 1" thick slices.
- Arrange on baking sheet cut side down and bake till crisp, but slightly soft in center, about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.3, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 50.5, Sodium 167.8, Carbohydrate 41.9, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 21.4, Protein 6.4
I had some pistachios in the freezer that I needed to use up and I developed this recipe. I think it came out quite nicely, not too sweet. Hazelnuts or almonds can be substituted for the pistachios (make sure to toast them first). Let me know what you think!
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 40 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large rectangular baking pan with a light coating of olive oil.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- In small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in 1/3 cup water.
- Add eggs and olive oil and beat with a whisk until well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, add pistachios and (yes, I do this by hand) start mixing the flour gently into the liquids until all the ingredients have been incorporated and you have a malleable dough.
- If the dough is a bit sticky, sprinkle over 1 tablespoonful of flour and turn dough into the flour to coat.
- Knead the flour in.
- The dough should now be malleable without being sticky.
- If it is still sticky, repeat with another tablespoonful of flour.
- Cut dough into 3 equal pieces and shape into logs that are about 12 inches long and 2 ½ inches wide (every persons logs are slightly different they will spread while baking so have a good distance between them).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- The biscotti will have risen only slightly, spread out some, and have a cracked surface.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- With a serrated bread knife and a straight, downwards motion, cut biscotti at just under ½ inch intervals on the diagonal.
- (this will leave you with 6 not-so-nice-looking end pieces that you can munch on there and then) Place the pieces, cut side down, back in the baking pan.
- Not all the pieces may fit, in which case youll have to bake a second pan's worth after the first.
- Staggering two pans is not suggested unless you have a convection oven and can use that feature to make sure there is even heat distributed within the oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn pieces over, bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool completely and keep in an airtight container.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO AND CRANBERRY BISCOTTI
Over the years, I've adapted my most-requested biscotti recipe to add some of my favorite ingredients: cranberries, white chocolate and pistachios. These biscotti keep and freeze well. —Susan Nelson, Newbury Park, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chips, cranberries and pistachios. , Divide dough in half. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each portion of dough into a 10x1-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned., Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer rectangles to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets. Bake 6-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 81mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "chocolate pistachio biscotti recipes"
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - SKINNYTASTE
Ratings 6Calories 103 per servingCategory Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
CHOCOLATE-AND-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
THE BEST CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE | FOODAL
CHOCOLATE-AND-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - KEVIN SBRAGA …
BEST CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE (MADE BY ANNA OLSON)
CHOCOLATE-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - BROWN EYED BAKER
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE BY …
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - RECIPE
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - ALSO THE CRUMBS …
CHOCOLATE-PISTACHIO-CHERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | FOODTALK
CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
TAHINI PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH DARK CHOCOLATE - FINDING TIME FOR …
VEGAN CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - DOMESTIC GOTHESS
DARK CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - LOVE & ZEST
PRUE LEITH’S PISTACHIO & LEMON BISCOTTI - THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF
BEST CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO CANTUCCI RECIPES | BAKE | FOOD NETWORK …
DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - FOODWORTHFEED
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - THE CULINARY CHASE
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI – LUANE'S COOKIES
CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - CLOSET COOKING
PISTACHIO WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE ~ BARLEY & SAGE
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | REYNOLDS BRANDS
BISCOTTI WITH PISTACHIO, DARK CHOCOLATE, AND RED CHILI
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - BRAIN HEALTH KITCHEN
PISTACHIO WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | KQED
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE
CHOCOLATE & PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE – COCOA & HEART
ITALIAN PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
CHOCOLATE-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI / BISCOTTI AL CIOCCOLATO E PISTACCHIO
PISTACHIO CREAM FILLED BISCOTTI - COOKING WITH NONNA
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
PISTACHIO, HAZELNUT & CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #biscotti #number-of-servings
You'll also love