HOLIDAY RICE PUDDING
This is not your standard rice pudding - studded with fruits and subtly spiced, it is a great alternative to pies or cakes.
Provided by Uncle Ben's
Categories UNCLE BEN'S®
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Steep the tea bags until tea is strong, about 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice; cook and stir until grains are coated and begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tea water. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook on low until most of liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in milk, sugar, rum, raisins, cranberries, and pineapple. Cover; return to stove and cook over low heat until mixture is thickened and silky, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and dust with cinnamon or cardamom.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351.5 calories, Carbohydrate 70.6 g, Cholesterol 14.8 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 273.6 mg, Sugar 40.5 g
SWEDISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING
Rice pudding is an old-fashioned dessert that is comforting and delicious. The creamy treat has a mild vanilla flavor.-Karla Larson, East Moline, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the water, rice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add milk and 1/3 cup sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened. , Whisk together the eggs and remaining sugar. Gradually stir 2 cups hot rice mixture into the egg mixture; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into a serving bowl. , Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 94mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING
My heritage is Swedish and this recipe is known among Swedes as "grut". My Grandma Anna would make it every Christmas Eve, and we would eat it with cream poured over. Grandma always put a cinnamon stick and one almond in the rice before serving. Whoever found the almond was supposed to get married next, according to tradition.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a saucepan, combine the rice and water. Simmer for 10 minutes; add milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 60-70 minutes or until rice is tender. Add sugar, salt and butter; mix well. Spoon into small bowls or dessert dishes. Garnish with almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 415mg sodium, Carbohydrate 76g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING WITH ALMONDS AND WARM CHERRY SAUCE
Danish Christmas rice pudding with warm cherry sauce or Risalamande is traditionally served on Christmas Eve. Whoever finds the hidden almond receives a small gift. I like this recipe because it is cooked entirely on the stove top and cooks in one hour, rather than in the oven for two hours or more. Can be made in advance and refrigerated until serving time. The Danes often buy a store bought cherry sauce, but I've included a recipe for home-made. :) Adapted from an online source.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Split half of the vanilla pod length ways, scrape out the seeds.
- Place the milk and vanilla in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat. Add the rice gradually, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil again.
- When the milk boils, reduce the heat, cover and simmer on a very low heat for about 1 hour or until the rice is cooked. Stir from time to time, making sure that the rice doesn't stick too much to the bottom.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Whip the cream together with sugar. Fold the whipped cream and almonds into the rice. You can add more sugar or more almonds if you wish. Serve with warm cherry sauce.
- Now make the cherry sauce. Place the cherries in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and 1 1/2 cups water. Add the vanilla pod. Simmer until the cherries are tender.
- Combine the potato starch with 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Bring the cherries to a boil. Remove the vanilla pod from the pot. Reduce the heat, and , stirring constantly, slowly pour the water with the starch. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve warm over the rice pudding. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf, if desired.
- * I used frozen sour cherries in this recipe, but regular sweet cherries should work as well.
CHRISTMAS PUDDING RICE KRISPIE CAKES
Fun to make with kids or as a cute Christmas canape, top chocolate, peanut and raisin puffed rice cakes with white chocolate and festive holly icing.
Provided by Valerie Barrett
Yield Makes 10 - 12
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the rice pops and raisins into a bowl. Put the butter, milk chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows into a small saucepan. Place on a medium to low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted but the marshmallows are just beginning to melt.
- Pour onto the rice pops and stir until well coated. Line an egg cup with cling film. Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into the egg cup. Press firmly and then remove, peel off the cling film and place the pudding into a cake case, flat-side down. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Chill until firm.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Spoon a little chocolate over the top of each pudding. Top with icing holly leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 0.4 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
OLD FASHIONED CREAMY RICE PUDDING
- Combine cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir remaining 1/2 cup milk, golden raisins, beaten egg, and white sugar into the rice mixture; stirring continually. Continue cooking until egg is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir butter and vanilla extract into the pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.5 calories, Carbohydrate 61.1 g, Cholesterol 63.9 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 237.3 mg, Sugar 38.8 g
DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING
My mom and grandma use to make this every Christmas or special holiday, but it had to be extra special. This is a great dessert that keeps those great memories close by. This is an old recipe so keep in mind that not everything is exact. Use your own discretion when baking. 1/2 cup of packed rasins can be added to this dish, but I prefer it plain and served warm with whipped cream.
Provided by Smilyn
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Put milk, eggs, rice, sugar and salt into baking dish (nice glass cooking bowl or dish) and place in a hot water bath.
- At the top of custard, add a few dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Add vanilla bean (if using) and cinnamon stick.
- Cover and cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick after one hour of cooking. Pudding is done when rice is soft and custard is set (a slight jiggle).
- Remove lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking to give a light golden color.
- Put an almond in the rice pudding just before serving: According to the old Danish legend, whoever finds the almond at Christmas will have series of lucky adventures.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.1, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 86.4, Sodium 312.8, Carbohydrate 37, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 29.9, Protein 10.5
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING
- Bring rice, water, cinnamon stick, and salt to a simmer in a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot, then reduce heat to low and gently simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk with sugar and cream and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice has absorbed most of milk but is still creamy, about 10 minutes. Add 1 cup milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in remaining cup milk and simmer, stirring constantly, until rice is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover, then let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm.
More about "christmas rice pudding recipes"
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING - SPROUD - BESPROUD.COM
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING (RISKREM) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 438 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 3- to 4-quart nonstick pan, simmer milk, rice, 1/2 cup sugar, and the salt, stirring often, until rice is tender to bite and mixture has thickened, about 30 minutes. Add almond extract. Pour into a large bowl and let cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake almonds in a 9-inch pie pan until golden under skins (break one to check), about 10 minutes. Reserve one almond (see note above); chop remaining.
- In a blender, whirl raspberries until smooth. Push purée through a fine wire strainer set over a bowl; discard seeds. Sweeten purée with sugar to taste (1 to 2 tablespoons).
- In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream, the one whole almond, and the chopped almonds into cool rice mixture just until blended. Spoon into eight bowls.
RISALAMANDE (DANISH ALMOND RICE PUDDING) - THE DARING GOURMET
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING (RISKREM) RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
SCANDINAVIAN CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING - FOOD LITERACY CENTER
RISGRYNSGRöT (RICE PUDDING) RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY TRADITION - CHRISTMAS EVE RICE ...
NORWEGIAN FOOD & DISHES: RICE PUDDING; CHRISTMAS …
SWEDISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
RICE PUDDING - SWEDISH FOOD RECIPES
RISENGRøD - TRADITIONAL DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING ...
EASY RICE PUDDING RECIPE (6 INGREDIENTS!) - GLORIOUS TREATS
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING RECIPE
DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING WITH LINGONBERRY SAUCE RECIPE ...
RECIPE FOR DANISH RICE PUDDING (RISENGRøD) - THE ORIGINAL ...
NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EXTRA CREAMY RICE PUDDING - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
SERVE OLD-FASHIONED RICE PUDDING THIS CHRISTMAS | SOUTHERN ...
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING - SPROUTSANDCHOCOLATE.COM
RISALAMANDE RECIPE | A DANISH RICE PUDDING CHRISTMAS DESSERT.
OLD FASHIONED RICE PUDDING | EASY HOMEMADE RICE PUDDING ...
THE BEST RICE PUDDING RECIPE (JUST 5 INGREDIENTS!) | MOM ...
EASY OLD FASHIONED RICE PUDDING · JUST THAT PERFECT PIECE
CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RICE PUDDING - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
RISALAMANDE – DANISH CHRISTMAS DESSERT RECIPE - GREAT ...
RICE PUDDING - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOW TO MAKE THE ABSOLUTE EASIEST RICE PUDDING | KITCHN
KETO CORN PUDDING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
RIS A LA MANDE RECIPE - DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING DESSERT
TRADITIONAL DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING - CREATE THE ...
RECIPE: SCANDI CHRISTMAS – CREAMED RICE PUDDINGS ...
CLASSIC CREAMY RICE PUDDING RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RECIPE FOR ORIGINAL DANISH RISALAMANDE - THE BEST NORDIC ...
You'll also love