CLASSIC GERMAN SIDE SALAD
- Prepare the dressing the day before serving by combining cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt, white pepper, and marjoram in a small bowl. Mix well, making sure salt and sugar are dissolved. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 16 hours.
- Arrange 2 endive stalks from the center to the edge of 4 small salad plates and sprinkle stems with orange juice. Combine red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, and green leaf lettuce in a bowl and set a handful of the mixture on top of the endive stalks on each plate.
- Mix dressing and drizzle about 3 tablespoons over each salad. Garnish with garden cress.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, Carbohydrate 10.4 g, Cholesterol 77.8 mg, Fat 21.5 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 652.9 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
GERMAN POTATO SALAD
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Mary Nolan
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the potatoes in a medium-size pot and cover them with enough water to extend 2 inches above the surface of the potatoes. Salt the water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once crisp, place on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble into small pieces. Pour off the rendered fat, reserving 1/4 cup in the pan. Turn the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook until translucent and just beginning to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt and stir until thick and bubbly. Add the sliced, cooked potatoes and toss to coat. Top with the crumbled bacon and garnish with the chives. Serve warm.
More about "classic german side salad recipes"
TRADITIONAL GERMAN SIDE DISHES | ORIGINAL AND AUTHENTIC ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
OMA'S TRADITIONAL GERMAN SALAD RECIPES ~ SALAT REZEPTE
RECIPES FOR AUTHENTIC GERMAN SIDE DISHES - …
RECIPES FOR AUTHENTIC GERMAN SALADS - GERMANFOODS.ORG
CLASSIC GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE : VIEW QUICK RECIPE ...
20 BEST GERMAN SIDE DISHES ( EASY RECIPES) - FOOD NEWS
15 QUICK AND EASY SIDE DISH SALADS - ALLRECIPES
10 BEST GERMAN SIDE DISHES RECIPES - YUMMLY
GERMAN FOOD RECIPES: 23 CLASSIC DISHES | RECIPELION.COM
BEST SITES ABOUT GERMAN MIXED SALAD RECIPE
CLASSIC GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - STUFFED PEPPERS ...
GERMAN SALAD DRESSING FOR LETTUCE SALAD (SALATSAUCE) RECIPE
CLASSIC GERMAN POTATO SALAD | PINTEREST
4+ CLASSIC GERMAN SALAD RECIPES - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
CLASSIC GERMAN CUCUMBER SALAD ... - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
45 OLD-WORLD GERMAN RECIPES WORTH TRYING TODAY - TASTE OF HOME
48 EASY SIDE SALADS THAT GO WITH ANY MEAL
15 CLASSIC GERMAN RECIPES EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
GERMAN POTATO SALAD - RECIPETIN EATS
CLASSIC HOUSE SALAD | RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
GERMAN COLESLAW RECIPE (KRAUTSALAT) | MASALAHERB.COM
CLASSIC CREAMY PEA SALAD RECIPE - CHEERFUL COOK
GERMAN CUCUMBER SALAD - OLD-FASHIONED POTLUCK - CASSEROLE ...
GERMAN SALAD RECIPES - TASTY GERMAN RECIPES
GERMAN CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - PLATED CRAVINGS
20 BEST GERMAN SIDE DISHES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
CLASSIC GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GERMAN SALADS, AND SIDE DISHES
GERMAN SALADS RECIPES - LET’S DISCOVER HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
GERMAN POTATO SALAD (AUTHENTIC BAVARIAN RECIPE) - PLATED ...
CLASSIC THREE BEAN SALAD (BETTER THAN ... - A COUPLE COOKS
GREEN BEAN SALAD | ORIGINAL GERMAN RECIPE | GREAT SIDE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of salad do they eat in Germany?Recipes for Authentic German Salads. Northern German Composed Salad A German version of Salad Nicoise, with fresh vegetables, and German cheese, fish, and pickles, to serve at lunch or as a light supper. Odette’s Potato Salad A version of German potato salad adding cherry tomatoes, chives, scallions, and chopped German pickle.
What goes well with German potato salad?Potatoes and lentils pair with German flavors like Bavarian beer vinegar in this summer salad. Perfect for a barbecue side dish. Classic German potato salad, mixing in the flavor and crunch of cucumber, pickles, bacon .onions and herbs, with a mustard vinaigrette dressing.
What is German cucumber salad?Gurkensalat or German cucumber salad is a creamy yet refreshing side made with red/purple onions, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, and of course, the star – thinly sliced cucumbers. It makes a wonderful side to meats such as steak, chicken, and burgers.
How do you cook my German potato salad?My German Potato Salad is made with vinegar, bacon, and onion and can be served warm or cold. A perfect hearty side dish for any occasion, from holiday dinners to BBQs! Boil the potatoes in a large pot covered with an inch of water over high heat until tender, about 20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.