Try your hand at recreating a classic 1920s cocktail, the sidecar. It's easy to adapt - simply use cognac, or go with equal parts cognac, triple sec and lemon juice
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Cocktails, Drink
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put a coupe glass in the fridge to chill. Tip all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well, until the outside of the shaker feels cold, then strain the cocktail into the chilled glass. If the lemon juice is too sharp, add the bitters to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239 calories, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Protein 0.1 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
The Ritz Hotel in Paris claims to have created this cocktail in the early 20th century. The potent combination of Cognac and orange-flavored liqueur shaken until ice cold with lemon juice is a timeless classic.
Provided by Home Happy Hour
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Sprinkle sugar on a small plate. Lightly wet half the rim of of a coupe glass with a damp paper towel. Dip the moistened rim in sugar to coat. Set the glass in the refrigerator to chill.
- Combine Cognac, orange-flavored liqueur, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, cover, and shake until chilled. Strain into the chilled, sugar-rimmed coupe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 2.7 mg, Sugar 15.7 g
Based on the recipe from the Greenhouse Restaurant at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Chicago. Unlike other recipes, this one is sweetened with simple syrup. You can purchase simple syrup or make your own by heating two parts water to one part sugar in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine all ingredient in a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain mixture into a stemmed cocktail glass with a sugared rim.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice cubes. Pour in lemon juice, Cointreau, and brandy. Cover and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and frosty. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 1.3 mg, Sugar 6 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 drinks
Number Of Ingredients 6
- If you want to frost the glasses, dip the rim or 4 martini glasses in a shallow plate of lemon juice and then in the sugar. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Combine the Cognac, Triple Sec, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Pour some into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and pour into the glasses. Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel.
More about "classic sidecar recipes"
SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
4.5/5 (328)Calories 819 per serving
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL - WIDE OPEN EATS
7 DELICIOUS WAYS TO MAKE A SIDECAR, THE TOO-OFTEN …
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
VODKA SIDECAR – A COUPLE COOKS
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
SIDECAR RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC SIDECAR - THE TASTE
THE CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE
Ratings 98Calories 203 per servingCategory Beverage, Cocktail
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC SIDECAR
Category CocktailTotal Time 5 mins
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!
SIDECAR RECIPE WITH GRAND MARNIER - RECIPESCLUB.NET
CLASSIC COCKTAILS: THE SIDECAR — SPIRIT ANIMAL
SIDECAR: THE BEST-EVER RECIPE FOR THE CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL DRINK
BEST SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A SIDECAR COCKTAIL
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SIDECAR COCKTAIL - COGNAC COCKTAILS - REMY MARTIN USA
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL – A COUPLE COOKS
THE CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL - COGNAC COCKTAIL WITH ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC SIDECAR - CHILLED MAGAZINE
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
"COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH" – CLASSIC SIDECAR & TWISTS
BEST SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC SIDECAR …
THIS CLASSY GRAND MARNIER SIDECAR IS SO DELICIOUS - THE OUTLET
CLASSIC COCKTAIL GLASSWARE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CLASSIC SIDECAR - PURE LIQUOR
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE – DRINK RECIPES
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
MY BRANDY SIDECAR RECIPE • GOLDEN PEAR RECIPES
SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VIRGIN SIDECAR MOCKTAIL RECIPE - MOCKTAIL.NET
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - THE PORTABLE BAR COMPANY
CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEST CLASSIC SIDECAR RECIPE BY JESS NOVAK
IRISH WHISKEY SIDECAR | ST. PATRICK'S DAY COCKTAIL - THIS MOMS MENU
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL | COCKTAIL SOCIETY
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL | RECIPE CART
CLASSIC SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE - MAMA LOVES A DRINK
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #easy #cocktails #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Sidecar cocktail?How to make The Sidecar Cocktail. Coat the rim of a cocktail glass with sugar and set aside. (Do this a few minutes ahead of time so the sugar can dry and adhere well to the glass.). Add the remaining ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
What is a sidecar?The sidecar is a popular classic sour cocktail that is made with either brandy or bourbon, Cointreau, and lemon juice. It is a joy to drink.
What are the ingredients in a sidecar?This means that there’s an “official” definition of the ingredients in a Sidecar: 1 Cognac 2 Orange liqueur (Cointreau or triple sec) 3 Lemon juice
What does a sidecar taste like?What does a sidecar taste like? A mix of warming brandy, deep orange, and bright lemon — not too sweet, not too tart. New York’s now-closed modern speakeasy Milk & Honey once served a version of the sidecar in a beautiful coupe glass, along with a shot glass on the side.