Braised cauliflower simmered in coconut milk with thai curry. A truly decadent way to enjoy cauliflower. Serve on top of rice or by itself. I recommend freezing any extra curry paste you might have left over; it seems to keep almost indefinitely.
Provided by Aram5262
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Coat the bottom of a thick bottomed skillet with vegetable oil.
- When hot, add the cauliflower florets and fry them until brown, taking care not to burn them.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir in the curry paste until well integrated.
- Simmer gently until the coconut milk is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cilantro and salt to taste.
- Note: I recommend freezing any extra curry paste you might have left over; it seems to keep almost indefinitely.
COCONUT CURRY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
When I'm in need of comfort food, I stir up a velvety batch of this Asian-spiced soup. Then I finish it with a sprinkle of cilantro over the top. -Elizabeth DeHart, West Jordan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 20 minutes., Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. If desired, top with minced fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 532mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CAULIFLOWER AND COCONUT CURRY
Provided by roobarb100
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place lentils in a pan and cover with 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until thick and creamy. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and half the cumin seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil and cumin seeds to hot pan, then, as soon as seeds start to sizzle, add onion. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft but not browned.
- Add ginger, garlic and chilli, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, curry powder, coconut milk, cauliflower and tomato, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is just tender.
- Stir lentils and lime juice into the curry and season to taste with salt. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, then stir in coriander. Remove from heat.
- For the tarka, heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat, add spices and sizzle for a few seconds. Drizzle over the curry, cover and leave for 5 minutes for the flavours to infuse before serving.
More about "coconut cauliflower recipes"
THAI COCONUT CAULIFLOWER - FOODIECRUSH
3.8/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Place cauliflower, coconut milk, fish sauce and sweet mirin in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium and cook until coconut milk is reduce by half, about 20 minutes.
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY – MODERN HONEY
5/5 (6)Category DinnerCuisine IndianEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and let sizzle. Add onions and let cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cauliflower, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in salt, pepper, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Add coconut milk and crushed tomatoes. Turn down heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with lime juice. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
CREAMY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
3.7/5 (23)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 345 per serving
ROASTED COCONUT CAULIFLOWER - FREE COCONUT RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
THE BEST COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE - MODERN FOOD STORIES
VEGAN COCONUT CAULIFLOWER BITES - ROOTY FRUITY VEGAN
COCONUT CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER SOUP | VEGAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP
CAULIFLOWER TORTILLAS RECIPE + VIDEO TUTORIAL | COCONUT MAMA
COCONUT LIME CAULIFLOWER "RICE" | EASY CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE
CRISPY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER BITES - FORK AND BEANS
EASIEST COCONUT CAULIFLOWER ADOBO. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
BEST DINNERTIME DONE RIGHT: COCONUT-CRUSTED CAULIFLOWER …
INDIAN COCONUT BUTTER CAULIFLOWER. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
10 BEST CAULIFLOWER CURRY COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
COCONUT CRUSTED BAKED CAULIFLOWER BITES
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - EVERY LAST BITE
SWEET COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - SIMPLE SEASONAL
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH COCONUT OIL AND GARLIC
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER TACOS - THE LEMON APRON
RICED CAULIFLOWER COCONUT BOWL - HARVEST FRESH
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - SWEETASHONEY - SAH
THE BEST COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - IRENAMACRI.COM
WHOLE ROASTED COCONUT CAULIFLOWER | VEGAN ROAST RECIPE
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - THRIVING ON PALEO | AIP & PALEO …
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY - HEALTHY, VEGETARIAN COMFORT FOOD!
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY (FAN FAVORITE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
COCONUT CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
RECIPE: CREAMY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER SOUP - KITCHN
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & COCONUT SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE …
CREAMY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
THAI COCONUT CAULIFLOWER SOUP (VEGAN, PALEO, WHOLE30)
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY | 30 MINUTES RECIPE - KLARA`S LIFE
CRISPY COCONUT LIME BAKED CAULIFLOWER TACOS - VEGGIE INSPIRED
BAKED CRISPY CAULIFLOWER BITES WITH COCONUT - TALKING MEALS
36 PLANT-BASED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - MINIMALIST BAKER
COCONUT ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CILANTRO AND LIME RECIPE
LOW CARB COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - MY KETO KITCHEN
BRAISED COCONUT CAULIFLOWER CURRY - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
CRISPY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER WITH CHILE-MANGO SAUCE
CRISPY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE – SHE KEEPS A LOVELY HOME
COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CREAMY COCONUT CURRY CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH SPINACH AND TOMATO
EASY COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - KETO & WHOLE30 - COOK AT HOME …
#curries #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #vegetables #asian #thai #easy #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #inexpensive #cauliflower
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cauliflower with coconut cream and salt?Place a non stick frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and allow to heat. Add the shredded coconut and saute for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and saute for 2 minutes, before adding half of the coconut cream. Continue to cook for 5 minutes before adding the other half of the coconut cream and salt.
What is the best way to cook cauliflower for Curry?Stir in cauliflower, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in salt, pepper, curry powder, and turmeric. Add coconut milk and crushed tomatoes. Turn down heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with lime juice.
How to make low carb coconut cauliflower rice?A tasty twist on standard Cauliflower Rice, our Low Carb Coconut Cauliflower Rice adds a soothing element to spicy curries and stir fry's. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the authentic Thai side dish. Place a non stick frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and allow to heat. Add the shredded coconut and saute for 1 minute.
How do you thicken cauliflower sauce with coconut oil?Stir in coconut oil. If the sauce seems thick, thin with 1/2 to 1/2 additional coconut milk or water. Add the cauliflower and any juices on the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.