CRAB CAKE BITES
These appetizer bites are a mini way to enjoy crab cakes for your next gathering. Crab, fresh chives and spices are folded into bread crumbs, shaped and baked for the perfect bite. Serve with lemon-garlic sauce for dipping.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the egg, chives, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Fold in crabmeat and bread crumbs until well blended (mixture will be moist). Using measuring tablespoon, shape mixture into 36 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and hot in center. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together Lemon-Garlic Sauce ingredients until blended. Serve bites with sauce and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
Mace, nutmeg's peppery sister, is what makes the difference in these crab cakes. The recipe, adapted from "Gullah Geechee Home Cooking: Recipes From the Matriarch of Edisto Island," comes from Emily Meggett, one of the most well-respected cooks in the Gullah Geechee community, whose food traditions are built largely on the crabs, shrimp and fish they pull from the water near their homes along the southeastern shoreline. She has made thousands of these using freshly cooked blue crabs, but meat that has already been picked and processed works as well. Be sparing with the bread crumbs, which should just hold the mixture together, then add more if the cakes are falling apart. Make sure the pan is very hot, then reduce the heat the minute they hit the oil. Keep a close eye while they brown. These are lovely bites to start a meal, or can star as supper, alongside rice and fresh vegetables. Ms. Meggett serves them with what she calls pink sauce, which is similar to this sauce, with the addition of grated onion and lemon.
Provided by Kim Severson
Categories dinner, seafood, appetizer, main course
Yield About 12 large crab cakes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the broiler to 500 degrees (or its highest setting). On your oven's highest rack, broil all the bread slices on a baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden and crisp but not burned. Flip all the slices over and broil for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the broiler off and allow the bread to crisp in the oven until totally dry, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool. Using a box grater or rolling pin, coarsely grate and crush the bread slices into bread crumbs (or, pulse them in a food processor). The crumbs should look and feel like sand; you should get about 4 cups. Set the bread crumbs aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the butter and onion into a large bowl. Whisk the flour into the melted butter and onion, then slowly whisk in the milk to make a creamy sauce. Once the sauce is smooth, whisk in the eggs, lemon juice, vinegar and mace.
- Add the crab meat to the cream sauce and mix lightly with a fork; don't break up the pieces of crab meat. Gently fold in just enough of the bread crumbs so that the mixture holds together (about 2 1/2 cups). Divide the crab mixture into 12 equal portions, setting them on a baking sheet as you go. They should be thick rounds - about the size of the palm of your hand, and roughly 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Using your hand, take a scoop of the toasted bread crumbs and coat each crab cake.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over high. Once the oil is hot, place a few of the crab cakes in the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Place the cooked crab cakes on a paper towel to drain. Working in batches, cook the remaining crab cakes, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve crab cakes immediately, or set aside in a warm oven (see Tip) while you cook the remaining crab cakes.
MINI CRAB CAKE BITES
There's plenty of rich seafood flavor in this single-serve appetizer, made easy with Original Bisquick mix. Make then extra fun-and hands free-with the addition of candy-making lollipop sticks.
Provided by Stephanie Wise
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Scoop mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then run sharp knife carefully around each bite to remove from pan. Cool another 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
Another crab recipe from the Pacific NW, these are always a hit at parties. You can freeze them for instant appetizers when you have unexpected company. From busycooks.about.com.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 96 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Soften butter and cheese spread at room temperature.
- Mix together well in mixer with seasonings.
- Fold in crab meat and spread on English muffin halves.
- Cut with a sharp knife into four sections and freeze (they cut easier if they're slightly frozen first).
- Flash freeze individually on a cookie sheet until frozen.
- Package in freezer bags and store in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Heat in oven 10 to 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37.7, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 7.1, Sodium 84.5, Carbohydrate 3.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.3, Protein 1.5
BUTTERY CRAB BITES
These cheesy, buttery bites are easy but elegant. They're great at an appetizer or just for snacking. -Rebecca Young of Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Toast English muffins in a toaster oven. Place muffin halves on toaster oven tray. In a small bowl, combine the crab, cheese sauce, butter, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Spread over the muffin halves. Cut each into four pieces. , Bake in toaster oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 17g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 1174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "crab cake bites recipes"
EASY ADDICTING CRAB CAKE BITES (CRAB CAKE CUPS) RECIPE
5/5 (30)Category AppetizersServings 24Total Time 30 mins
- PANKO: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Mix together the panko, parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Place roughly 2 teaspoons of the panko mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring teaspoon (or tablespoon) gently pack into a tight shape.
- CRAB MIXTURE: Combine the crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, egg, sour cream garlic powder, smoked paprika, old bay seasoning, lemon juice + zest, chopped chives, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon roughly 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- BAKE: Until the edges begin to turn golden, 14-18 minutes. Allow the crab cakes to cool in the pan for several minutes before attempting to remove them. You can run an offset spatula or a pairing knife along the edges to help pop out the bites. Serve crab bites warm or allow them to cool to room temperature before serving. I like to top them with more chopped chives before serving and serve with lemon wedges and prepared sauce.
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE HOW TO VIDEO - DELISH
5/5 (1)Category Appetizers
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese, egg, ⅓ cup Parmesan, 1 teaspoon Old Bay, ¼ cup sour cream, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon, cayenne and about 1 tablespoon chives in a large bowl.
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Whisk together eggs, celery, onion, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning in a large bowl until well combined. Fold in crabmeat and panko using a rubber spatula until well combined. Cover crab mixture, and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape crab mixture into 12 (3-inch) round cakes (about ¼ cup each) on prepared baking sheet. If crab cakes are not holding together, rechill about 30 minutes to set.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add 6 of the crab cakes, and cook until golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer crab cakes to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. Turn off preheated oven, and place baking sheet with cooked crab cakes inside to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining oil and crab cakes. Serve immediately with Old Bay Mayo and lemon wedges
CRAB CAKE BITES | RICARDO
5/5 (54)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 170 per serving
MUSTARD AIOLI FOR CRAB CAKES - REGRETFUL WEBLOG FRAME STORE
CRAB CAKE BITES — DIXIE FIXINS
BEST CRAB CAKES RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
THE ULTIMATE CRAB CAKE RECIPE - GIRL AND THE KITCHEN
SIMPLE CRAB CAKE BITES - SIMPLE PARTY FOOD
BAKED CRAB CAKE BALLS WITH SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE
CRAB CAKE BITES – A KITCHEN HOOR'S ADVENTURES
CRISPY CRAB BALLS • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
PARMESAN-CRUSTED CRAB CAKE BITES AND A WINNER!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - CRAB CAKE BITES | - KIM MULLAN - KIM …
13 BEST CRAB APPETIZERS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRAB CAKES: 30 SIDE DISHES | ALLRECIPES
CRAB CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRAB CAKE BITES - MARTIN'S FAMOUS POTATO ROLLS AND BREAD
CRAB CAKE APPETIZER BITES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PARMESAN CRUSTED CRAB CAKE BITES
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE HOW TO VIDEO - DELISH
CRAB BITES APPETIZER RECIPE (2021) - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
JUMBO LUMP CRAB CAKE BITES - A PERFECT PARTY APPETIZER - SAVORY …
BAKED MINI CRAB CAKES RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CRAB CAKE BITES - HEALTHY LOW CARB APPETIZER - HUNGRY HOBBY
CRAB CRESCENT BITES - THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
RECIPE FOR CRAB BITES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES - IMMACULATE BITES
BAKED MINI CRAB CAKE BITES - NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
10 BEST CRAB BITES APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
PANKO-CRUSTED CRAB CAKE BITES & ROASTED PEPPER-CHIVE AIOLI RECIPE
EASY VEGAN CRAB CAKE SAUCE RECIPE - LETTUCEVEGOUT.COM
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CRAB CAKE BITES - RECIPESRUN
CRAB CAKE BITES! - FRAMED COOKS
CRAB CAKE BITES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED CRAB CAKE BITES WITH LEMON REMOULADE - DELISH D'LITES
CRABMEAT BITES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PARMESAN-CRUSTED CRAB CAKE BITES WITH CHIVE AÃ¯OLI RECIPE
THE TOP 30 IDEAS ABOUT MINI CRAB CAKES APPETIZER RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love