MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN
- Place the popped popcorn in a large brown paper bag.
- In a 2-quart casserole or heat-proof glass dish, stir the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla until combined. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes at 1-minute intervals, stirring well in between. Stir in the baking soda until combined.
- Pour the syrup over the popcorn and seal the bag by rolling the top once or twice. Give the bag a good shake to coat the popcorn with the syrup well.
- Place the bag in the microwave and cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds on high powder. Shake the bag vigorously and microwave for another 1 minute and 10 seconds. Transfer the popcorn onto a piece of parchment or wax paper. Let the coated popcorn cool and set. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 cal
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN
- Place the popped popcorn into a large brown paper bag. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, or other heat-proof glass dish, combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat for 3 minutes in the microwave, then take out and stir until well blended. Return to the microwave, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave, and stir in the baking soda.
- Pour syrup over the popcorn in the bag. Roll down the top once or twice to close the bag, and shake to coat the corn. Place bag into the microwave, and cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Remove, shake, flip the bag over, and return it to the microwave. Cook for another 1 minute and 10 seconds. Dump the popcorn out onto waxed paper, and let cool until coating is set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 282 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
CREAMY CARAMEL MICROWAVE POPCORN
I prefer this recipe to other caramel recipes because it uses sweetened condensed milk which gives the popcorn a nice creamy taste. Made in the microwave, this recipe is quick and easy to make.
Provided by VillageMom
Yield 20 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for two minutes.
- Stir mixture and microwave for two more minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave three more minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Mix the popcorn and peanuts in a large container.
- Combine the microwave mixture with the popcorn mixture.
- Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- In a cup or small bowl, mix together the unpopped popcorn and oil. Pour the coated corn into a brown paper lunch sack, and sprinkle in the salt. Fold the top of the bag over twice to seal in the ingredients.
- Cook in the microwave at full power for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until you hear pauses of about 2 seconds between pops. Carefully open the bag to avoid steam, and pour into a serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 388.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
QUICK MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN
One of my students brought this to class to share with the kids for a party.The kids devoured it and I liked it so much I got it as a gift for Christmas! EDIT: Please make sure to watch this very closely as you may need to cut back the cooking time depending on the power of your microwave. Also- Please see Mamophet's review. I don't recommend reducing this recipe- If you absolutely must reduce it, please use accurate measurements in order to have edible popcorn. The ratio of popcorn to caramel needs to be maintained and the cooking time should be reduced as well.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 20 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pop popcorn and pour into a brown paper bag.
- Put all ingredients except soda and popcorn into a bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir, and microwave 3 minutes more.
- Stir, add soda, and stir again.
- Pour over popcorn in paper bag and stir to coat evenly.
- Fold top of bag, microwave 1 minute, stir well.
- Microwave 1 minute, stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir.
- Pour onto foil to cool.
Plain microwave popcorn becomes irresistible when it's yummied up with molasses, peanut butter and nuts. "This awesome snack never lasts long around our house," Jacque Castillo, Brookings, Oregon, notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanuts, almonds, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, peanut butter and molasses. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. , Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). In a very large bowl, combine popcorn and pecans. Add hot syrup mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto greased baking sheets. , Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans to waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers or plastic bags.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "creamy caramel microwave popcorn recipes"
CREAMY MICROWAVE CARAMELS RECIPE - CREATIONS BY KARA
THE BEST CHEWY CARAMEL POPCORN - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN | BARBARA BAKES
SOFT CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
HOMEMADE CARAMEL POPCORN MICROWAVE RECIPES ALL YOU …
SEVEN MINUTE MICROWAVE CARAMELS - AVERIE COOKS
10 MINUTE CARAMEL POPCORN IN THE MICROWAVE - THE FOOD …
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
THIS MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN IS PERFECT FOR MOVIE NIGHT
CREAMY CARAMEL MICROWAVE POPCORN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SOFT CREAMY CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - A THRIFTY MOM
MICROWAVE POPCORN CARAMEL CORN | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - VIDEO DAILYMOTION
QUICK AND EASY MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MICROWAVE SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN - CHOCOLATE WITH GRACE
EASY MICROWAVE CARAMEL CORN (10 MINUTES!) - I HEART NAPTIME
BETTER THAN CARAMEL POPCORN - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - REAL MOM KITCHEN - DESSERT
EASY CARAMEL POPCORN BALLS (MADE IN THE MICROWAVE!) - I HEART …
EASY MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - HAPPY HAPPY NESTER
EASIEST-EVER MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - FOODIESOFSA.COM
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN | HEATHERLIKESFOOD.COM
SOFT MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
MICROWAVE MARSHMALLOW CARAMEL POPCORN - REAL MOM KITCHEN
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN – JOYFUL ABUNDANT LIFE
EASY & DELICIOUS MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - FASHION IN THE FIELDS
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - YUM TASTE
RECIPE: MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - KITCHN
MICROWAVED CARAMEL CORN RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - OH HAPPY DAY
MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SUPER DELICIOUS QUICK MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - SWEETI PI
HOMEMADE MICROWAVE CARAMEL CORN - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
CARAMEL CORN USING MICROWAVE POPCORN AND BAKED IN THE OVEN
EASY MICROWAVE CLASSIC CARAMEL POPCORN - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
PERFECT MICROWAVE CARAMEL RECIPE - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
MOM'S MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN - A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #lunch #snacks #easy #microwave #beginner-cook #holiday-event #kid-friendly #candy #dietary #christmas #taste-mood #sweet #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make caramel popcorn in a microwave?The microwave is pretty important. It’s what gets you out of using your oven. Basically, you add popped popcorn to the bag, boil some sugar on the stove for a couple minutes, then pour it over the caramel and shake, microwave, shake.
How to cook popcorn in microwave with baking soda?Directions. Heat for 3 minutes in the microwave, then take out and stir until well blended. Return to the microwave, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave, and stir in the baking soda. Pour syrup over the popcorn in the bag. Roll down the top once or twice to close the bag, and shake to coat the corn.
How much popcorn do you need to make caramel popcorn?2 bags microwave popcorn (make sure to use a more “natural” kind – no butter or salt so that you can taste the sauce better!) or about 8 cups of popped popcorn How do you make caramel popcorn? Place popped popcorn in a large bowl and set aside while preparing the sauce.
Can You microwave caramel?If your microwave’s power is too high, you may need to cook the caramel at 30-second intervals. Do not skip out on the baking soda. It ties the corn syrup and butter together.