CREAMY PASTA WITH CAULIFLOWER
- Place cauliflower into a large pot of salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove cauliflower with a strainer, reserving the cooking water in the pot.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower florets and red pepper flakes; saute until browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Add heavy cream; cook until reduced by half, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the cauliflower cooking water back to a boil. Add farfalle and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to the cauliflower sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese to the cauliflower sauce; cook and stir until melted, about 1 minute more.
- Combine pasta and sauce; toss until well coated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 789.8 calories, Carbohydrate 51.1 g, Cholesterol 202.3 mg, Fat 60 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 36.7 g, Sodium 380.3 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
CREAMY PASTA WITH FLORETS
Cottage cheese is the surprising base for the wonderfully creamy sauce that coats the pasta and veggies in this side dish. My husband, who doesn't like to compromise good taste for low-fat foods, didn't even realize this recipe was lower in fat. -Barbara Toher, Lexington, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Set aside., In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain., In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes longer. Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, pasta and cottage cheese mixture; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 699mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "creamy pasta with florets recipes"
CREAMY PASTA AND BROCCOLI (LOW FAT) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Boil the pasta in salted water as per packet instructions. Meanwhile prepare the broccoli. Cut the stem, then place it on one end on top of a cutting board. Remove the tough outer layer by cutting downwards all the way around. Roughly chop the stem along with the florets.
- Make broccoli rice by pulsing the chopped broccoli for a few seconds until it starts forming a crumbly mixture (don't overblend and turn it into a paste). It's best to do this in batches to get even crumbs.
- In a large pan heat up the oil, add the garlic and broccoli, season and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and transfer into a large bowl.
- To make the sauce heat up the butter, add the flour and whisk until the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Add the milk, increase the heat and cook stirring with a whisk until the sauce thickens and starts bubbling up. Lower the heat then simmer for 1 minute whisking all the time.
15 MINUTE CREAMY GARLIC PASTA RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- When the pasta isn't far from being cooked, it's time to start the sauce. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and let the roux cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the cream and let the sauce cook for a few more minutes until it's thickened to your liking, then add the parmesan cheese, salt & pepper as needed, and parsley. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce until well coated (add a little pasta water if you wish to thin the sauce a bit). Serve immediately.
CHICKEN PASTA BAKE - IMMACULATE BITES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Season chicken cubes with salt, followed by cajun creole seasoning – salt free. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add minced garlic, stir for about a minute, followed by chopped onion and thyme, cook until onions wilted – about 4 more minutes. Then remove and set aside.
PASTA COOKED WITH BROCCOLI IN 15 MINUTES! - 2 SISTERS ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large pasta pot, heat olive oil and add garlic cloves and crushed red pepper flakes, and saute garlic until garlic turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, open the packages of broccoli and pour them into a colander and rinse under cool water for about 1 minute. Allow draining well.
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
- Bring a large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add in the olive oil and pan sear the cubed chicken for 6-8 minutes until golden brown on the outside. Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and then add in the flour. Whisk to blend well into a creamy mixture.
CREAMY BROCCOLI PASTA (ONE POT RECIPE!) - NO SPOON NECESSARY
- Make ricotta mixture (SEE NOTES): In the bowl of a food processor, add the ricotta, lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Process the mixture until the ricotta is incredibly smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed, about 40 seconds. Alternately, you can mix the ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Boil pasta, then add broccoli: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente according to package directions. During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking (SEE NOTES), remove and reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and then add the broccoli to the water and continue until pasta is al dente and broccoli is tender-crisp.
- While the pasta is cooking, toast breadcrumbs: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium to medium-heat. Add in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and add in the lemon zest and parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and return both right back to the pot. Set the pot over low heat. Add the ricotta mixture and enough of the pasta water to create a sauce (SEE NOTES). Add the breadcrumbs and toss throughout.
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA WITH BROCCOLI - MUNCHMEALS BY JANET
- Meanwhile, preheat a large pan on medium heat. Finely chop the onion and add it to the pan with the olive oil and kosher salt. Cook for 5 to 7 min until softened, during which time, halve the tomatoes, mince the garlic and cut the broccoli.
- Add these to the pan with the 2 tbsp water, stir, cover and cook for 3 to 4 min or until broccoli is just for tender. Add in the remaining ingredients, and cooked pasta. Stir, cook together for a couple min, then top with black pepper.
QUICK AND EASY CREAMY BROCCOLI PASTA - YUMMY TODDLER FOOD
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, using a very large pot. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain and return to the pot. Toss with butter.
- Meanwhile, add the cottage cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup cold water to blender. Blend smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pot with the pasta and broccoli. Use a spatula to toss the pasta until coated, adding a little of the reserved pasta water at a time until a smooth, but thick sauce forms.
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER PASTA - DISHING OUT HEALTH
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - I AM ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EASY CREAMY PASTA BAKE RECIPE (WITH ANY VEGGIES!) | FROM ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
CREAMY LEMON BROCCOLI PASTA - THE FLOUR HANDPRINT
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
RECIPE: CREAMY TOMATO SHRIMP & FETTUCCINE WITH BROCCOLI ...
CREAMY LEMON BROCCOLI PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
CREAMY PASTA WITH FLORETS - REVIEW BY STEPHS. - ALLRECIPES.COM
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO - PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
CREAMY CHICKEN AND PASTA FROM FAMILY CIRCLE MAGAZINE RECIPES
CREAMY BROCCOLI PASTA - COOKING CIRCLE
BEST PASTA WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CREAMY PASTA WITH FLORETS
CREAMY PASTA WITH FLORETS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE ...
BIG Y - CREAMY PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND BROCCOLI
CREAMY PASTA WITH FLORETS RECIPE
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA WITH BROCCOLI - THE SEASONED MOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions