ONE-POT SAUSAGE STEW
- In a large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and sear on all sides until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the pot, turn the heat down to medium and add in the onions, carrots and celery. Add a pinch of salt, which will help draw some moisture out of the vegetables and keep them from browning too much. Cook gently, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes, being sure to scrape up all the caramelized sausage bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the garlic and rosemary and continue to sweat until the garlic is fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes more. If the vegetables begin to brown, turn down the heat.
- Add in the sausages, potatoes and plum tomatoes, breaking apart the tomatoes with a wooden spoon or your hands as they go into the pot. Fill the empty tomato can halfway with water, then add this water to the pot. Stir well and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through, adding a few tablespoons of water if the sauce begins to look dry. Add in the butter beans and stir gently so as not to break up the beans. Taste the casserole and add salt, pepper, sugar and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Just before serving, add in the spinach and stir until just wilted. Plate into individual bowls and garnish with basil and lemon zest. Serve with the Rosemary and Cheddar Soda Breads.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flours, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Stir in the Cheddar and chopped rosemary. Make a well in the middle. Add the buttermilk and, using a fork, mix until just combined. This will give you a soft, sticky dough, which makes a nice moist loaf. With floured hands, divide the dough into 4, scrape each one onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a light round. Using a chef's knife, deeply score each soda bread with a cross on top (this will allow the heat to penetrate the center of the dough).
- Bake until the breads are dark golden all over and sound hollow when you tap the bottoms, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and glistening, about 6 minutes. Add the paprika and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until the oil turns deep red, about 1 minute. Add the flour and cook until just toasted, 30 more seconds. Immediately whisk in 4 cups water. Add the kielbasa, carrots, parsnips, potatoes and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the broth has thickened, about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and season with pepper.
- Combine about half of the parsley with the sour cream in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the stew into bowls; top with the remaining parsley, a dollop of herbed sour cream and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve with bread.
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW
Meet the Cook: Depending on the time of year, I serve my stew with bread or sweet corn muffins and fresh butter, and with salad or fruit. Then, since it tastes even better the next day, we have it for lunch on the rare occasions there are leftovers! -Rosemary Jesse, Cabool, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes in a 5-qt. roasting pan. Add onions, peppers and sausage; toss gently. Combine oil, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the eat and vegetables; toss well. , Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes; stir. Add the cream; cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. , Combine cornstarch and water; stir into stew. Place on stovetop and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Fat 41g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 1056mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW
Got this from "Taste of Home" 2005 Best Holiday Recipes collection. Remarkably easy to make (I usually halve the recipe) with a minimum of ingredients, it cooked up creamy and delicious. Definitely a keeper! Serve in breadbowls for extra special presentation.
Provided by Burgundy Damsel
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes in a 5 qt roasting pan.
- Add onions, peppers and sausage; toss gently.
- Combine oil, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables; toss well.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes; stir.
- Add the cream; cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer (or until potatoes are tender).
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into stew.
- Place on stovetop and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.5, Fat 64.1, SaturatedFat 26.7, Cholesterol 160.9, Sodium 1612.9, Carbohydrate 46.4, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 5.2, Protein 22
CHEESY SAUSAGE SLOW-COOKER STEW
Combine turkey kielbasa, VELVEETA and condensed cream of celery soup to make this hearty Cheesy Sausage Slow-Cooker Stew its hearty appeal. Try Sausage Slow Cooker Stew alongside a thick slide of bread or a side salad.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place kielbasa, vegetables and soup in slow cooker. Stir in water.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 4 hours).
- Turn off slow cooker. Add VELVEETA; stir until completely melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 1260 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 12 g
Sausage is such a flavorful meat and it is so wonderful in this soup. It perfect for a cool fall day with a slice of homemade bread.-Shelia Murphy, Killdeer, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, brown and crumble the sausage; drain. Add remaining ingredients; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts :
Never dreamed I would care for this. Shared it with co-workers and they all went as ga-ga over it as I did.
Provided by Darlene Ross
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown sausage and onion- drain.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15 min.).
- Heat through and serve.
More about "creamy sausage stew recipes"
SAUSAGE STEW | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CREAMY SAUSAGE PASTA - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SAUSAGE AND BEAN STEW - CULINARY HILL
SAVORY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CREAMY SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SKILLET RECIPE | THE RECIPE …
10 BEST SAUSAGE STEW SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY SAUSAGE & BEAN STEW - CHEF JON WATTS
Cuisine BritishCategory DinnerServings 2Total Time 40 mins
CREAMY SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 18Calories 864 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner, Lunch
SAUSAGE STEW WITH POLENTA | RICARDO
CREAMY SAUSAGE PASTA (DINNER MADE IN ONE PAN!) - KYLEE COOKS
SAUSAGE AND SCALLOP STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
CREAMY BEAN AND SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
POSSIBLY THE BEST STEW I´VE EVER MADE | RED BEAN & SAUSAGE STEW …
ASTRAY RECIPES: CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW
CROCK POT CREAMY TORTELLINI SAUSAGE STEW (+VIDEO)
L.R. CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW | RECIPE | SAUSAGE STEW, STEW, SWEET CORN
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW | RECIPE | SAUSAGE STEW, STEW, STEW RECIPES
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND POTATOES: INSTANT POT OR SKILLET
CROCK POT CREAMY TORTELLINI SAUSAGE STEW - AMATEUR …
10 BEST POLISH SAUSAGE STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE STEW • SALT & LAVENDER
CHICKEN AND SMOKED SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SHRIMP, SAUSAGE, AND POTATO STEW - YUMMLY RECIPES
CREAMY BRATWURST STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SAUSAGE CREAM STEW - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
25 BEST LEFTOVER SAUSAGE RECIPES FOR ANY TIME OF THE DAY!🍴
BEST CAMPFIRE STEW - SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE | WANDERCOOKS
HEARTY WINTER STEAK & SAUSAGE STEW - COOKING WITH BRY
23 BEST CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE RECIPES TO TRY FOR DINNER
RECIPE: CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW (USING KIELBASA) - RECIPELINK.COM
CREAMY SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - FY.HILOVED.COM
CREAMY SAUSAGE STEW - JUSTMECOOKIN.FORUMOTION.COM
THESE 30 SERIOUSLY GOOD CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES PROVE SOUP IS …
CREAMY SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STEW – CHAWTIME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tortellini and sausage stew?Crockpot Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Stew is a thick and creamy soup that only has a few ingredients including diced tomatoes and cream cheese. Brown and crumble ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease. Place cooked sausage into the bottom of a 4-quart crock pot. Pour in chicken broth.
What is weeknights sausage and bean stew?Weeknights were made for Sausage and Bean Stew, a rustic French recipe that simmers up in one cozy little pot. Every bowl is bright tomatoes, creamy white beans, and topped with toasted bread.
How do you make creamy sausage pasta?Swap out the sausage for another ground meat and add in 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend or 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley or rosemary to the meat when you are browning it. Did you make this Creamy Sausage Pasta recipe? WOOHOO! Please rate the recipe below!
How to cook potatoes and sausage for Soup?In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the dried leaf basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add to the potato and sausage mixture and stir to coat thoroughly. Stir in the potato soup. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for about 6 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.