CREOLE CHICKEN RECIPE
Spicy seasoned chicken thighs are cooked in Spanish rice. This is a good meal for a busy evening. After seasoning chicken and browning, it is left to cook while you tend to other preparations. This can be very spicy.
Provided by Grace Carolyn Bowers-Reimondo
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season chicken thighs with Creole seasoning.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in the melted butter until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add tomatoes with green chile peppers, water, tomato sauce, and Spanish-style rice mix to the same skillet; stir well. Return chicken to the rice mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Serve on a platter with chicken atop the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41.9 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1750.6 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
CREOLE STYLE CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Just got inspired to make this dish based on the main ingredient - Simply potatoes - shredded hash browns. Creole seasoning and baking times can vary a bit based on the size of the chicken leg quarters used in this recipe. I did not want to do a breakfast dish.
Provided by chenet
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- From the top side of each chicken leg quarters, make a pocket by using your fingers to separate the skin. Keep the skin intact at the bottom of the thigh. Rub the chicken leg quarters inside and outside with 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Simply Potatoes - Shredded Hash Browns with the beaten egg and cream cheese. Reserve one cup of this mixture.
- Divide the remaining mixture into 4 portions and stuff the pockets of each chicken leg quarters. Gently pull the skin over to cover the mixture.
- Place chicken on baking pan. Top each chicken leg quarters with the reserved potato mixture. Sprinkle the prepared chicken with remaining 1 tsp Creole seasoning.
- Bake in oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hour depending on size of chicken leg quarters. About 10 minutes before being done, brush the chicken with liquids from the pan. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.2, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 185.1, Sodium 149.7, Carbohydrate 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 31.9
CREOLE BAKED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a baking pan or baking dish and squeeze lemon juice over. In a small bowl combine onion powder, thyme, ground rosemary, salt, and ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken pieces, cover with foil and bake until the juices run clear and the flesh is fork tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil during the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking time. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Make the creole sauce while the chicken is in the oven. Heat grapeseed oil over medium heat in a sauce pot. Saute shallots and garlic until shallots turn translucent, being careful not to burn the garlic. Stir in rosemary and thyme, add crushed tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add grape tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, diced onion, cayenne, and Creole seasoning, and simmer for 15 minutes more. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Remove chicken from oven, transfer to a platter and let rest. Spoon sauce over and sprinkle with minced parsley leaves.
CHICKEN BREASTS CREOLE STYLE
- Place half a chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound lightly to a thickness of one-quarter inch with a flat mallet or meat pounder. Repeat with the remaining halves.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, green peppers, celery, garlic and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, until the onions become transparent. Add the paprika, the tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well. Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the hot-pepper sauce. Simmer until the sauce is reduced, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken breasts until golden on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the pieces and cook for 4 minutes more or until done. Be careful not to overcook.
- Add the vinegar, water or chicken broth, cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. Keep warm.
- To serve, divide the creole sauce among 4 serving plates. Place the chicken breasts over the sauce and pour the gravy from the skillet over them. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 310, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 735 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CREOLE CHICKEN THIGHS
Cajun seasoning adds loads of flavor and spice to this easy-to-assemble meal. The slow cooker does the work so you don't have to! -Matthew Laman, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 6 ingredients and 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning., Sprinkle chicken with remaining Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken, about 5 minutes per side. Place in slow cooker., Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 170°-175°, 4-5 hours (rice will be saucy).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 802mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
I like food with a little zip to it, and this Creole chicken recipe fits the bill. It's especially good served over rice. -Dolly Hall, Wheelwright, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, water, paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. , Add chicken. Whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender, 10-15 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 553mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook this Creole sauce 3 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in an 8 x 11 inch baking dish. Pour the Creole sauce over the chicken.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and white throughout.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 901.5 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
More about "creole style chicken leg quarters 5fix recipes"
SWEET CHILI CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
TRAEGER GRILLED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - EASY PELLET GRILL RECIPE
CREOLE CHICKEN RECIPE - SPICY BAKED CHICKEN IN A TOMATO BASED …
LEARN HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
THE BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS | EASY CHICKEN RECIPE
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
FANTASTIC BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE
CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE | EASY WHOLESOME - FOOD DOODLES
104 EASY AND TASTY CHICKEN LEG QUARTER RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
10 BEST CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
THE MOST FLAVORFUL BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - A …
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN QUARTERS FOR RECIPES THAT ARE JUICY …
ASIAN INSPIRED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - THE COOKIE WRITER
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - CRAVING TASTY
BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
THE BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE - THE ... - THE BLACK …
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - SISI JEMIMAH
BAKED CURRY GLAZED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE
BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - FEAST FOR A FRACTION
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS (WITH TENDER, JUICY MEAT)
SIMPLE BBQ'D CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
SLOW ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS WITH CRISPY SKIN
EASY BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS WITH VEGETABLES - COPYKAT RECIPES
CATALAN GRILLED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - JAMIE GELLER
BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MAPLE-MUSTARD …
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE - CULLY'S KITCHEN
EASY SPICE BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - OH SNAP! LET'S EAT!
CREOLE STYLE CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS #5FIX RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS AND RICE RECIPES
ITALIAN ROASTED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS | THE BLOND COOK
LEMON AND GARLIC CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE BAKED - COOKING FROG
BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS - SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A CRAFTY MOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken leg quarters in the oven?Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Dry the chicken leg quarter pieces thoroughly with paper towels after you rinse them under running water. Place the chicken leg quarters in a pan and rub them with olive oil. Mix together the seasoning mix in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly on both of the chicken leg quarter sides.
What are the ingredients in chicken leg quarters?This wet rub consists of smoked paprika, chili powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. These ingredients are packed with flavors and are key to what makes these Chicken Leg quarters mouth-watering.
What can I cook with chicken quarters?You can cook so many great dishes with chicken quarters (or just a huge chicken leg pack!). However, other parts of the chicken can be used to make recipe ideas such as roasted chicken, baked chicken and rice (comfort food!), baked chicken and veggies, and more.
What does chicken leg quarters taste like?These chicken leg quarters are seasoned with a wet rub and are infused with lots of flavors. They have perfectly crispy skin and juicy meat that is finger-licking good. It is a budget-friendly recipe that everyone in your family will love.