THAI GREEN CURRY ROAST CHICKEN
Try this twist on a traditional Sunday roast chicken with our Thai green curry version, with all the aromatic umami flavours of Asian cuisine
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sit the chicken in a flameproof roasting tin or shallow casserole dish and stuff the lemongrass, lime halves and ginger in the cavity. Mix half the curry paste with the oil and use your hands to smear the curry paste all over the chicken and under the skin. Can be prepared up to a day ahead and left to marinate, covered, in the fridge. Take out an hour before roasting.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 40 mins, then remove the foil and roast for another 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Lift the chicken, draining the roasting juices back into the tin, and sit on a board or dish that will catch the juices. Use a pair of tongs to remove the lime, lemongrass and ginger from the cavity and place them in the tin with the remaining curry paste and brown sugar.
- Place the tin back on the heat and sizzle everything together, squashing the lime with the back of a spoon until everything is sticky. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring well, then add any resting juices and the fish sauce. Simmer again briefly, then sit the chicken back in the tin and scatter with coriander, if using, and the chilli. Bring the chicken to the table and serve with rice and greens with the curry sauce spooned over, and extra lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.
MASSAMAN CURRY ROAST CHICKEN
A full-flavoured alternative to your usual weekend roast - serve with a big bowl of rice
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin or large casserole. Roughly chop half the ginger and put into the cavity of the chicken with the lemongrass and half the lime, then tie the legs together with string. Mix 1 tsp of the curry paste with the oil, rub it all over the chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, cover the chicken loosely with foil, then put it in to roast. After 35 mins, take the foil off the bird. Add the potatoes to the tin, then stir them around in any juices. Roast for another 40 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Take the chicken out of the tin and leave to rest, loosely covered. Put the tin on the hob, add the remaining curry paste, grate in the remaining ginger, then fry for 2 mins until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk and sugar, then boil for about 5 mins until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Tip in the beans, simmer for 4 more mins (or until tender), then splash in the fish sauce, any resting juices and squeeze over the remaining lime. Scatter with the peanuts for the authentic Massaman flavour. Carve the chicken and serve with the saucy potatoes and basmati rice.
CURRIED ROAST CHICKEN WITH GRAPEFRUIT, HONEY AND THYME
Sweet and savory curry powder is combined with honey and a pleasantly tart grapefruit juice to create a rich glaze for your above-average weeknight bird. Roasting the chicken low and slow keeps the meat moist, and basting frequently prevents the caramelization of the sauce from scorching. Serve with a side of greens such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard that have been sautéed in lots of garlic and oil.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Colu Henry
Categories dinner, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry and season it well with salt and pepper, both inside and out. Place the chicken breast-side up in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, honey, curry powder and thyme. Spoon all the mixture over the chicken, making sure it is evenly covered.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes, basting every 15 minutes or so. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and continue basting the chicken with the pan juices until the skin is lacquered with sauce and the chicken registers 165 degrees with an instant thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, about 45 to 50 minutes more. If skin is starting to become too dark, tent with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
HONEY CURRIED ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Drain the drippings from the roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and apples around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture. Continue roasting 20 minutes, or until the glaze has browned. The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
CURRY-RUBBED ROAST CHICKEN
There is just something right about serving a roasted chicken! And my curry-rubbed chicken is packed with spicy flavors suitable for a bridal shower lunch, graduation dinner or Mother's Day brunch. —Merry Graham, Newhall, California
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 2 teaspoons salt with curry powder and garlic. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken breast and upper legs; rub coconut oil mixture under skin. Remove giblets from cavity and save for another use. Sprinkle cavity with pepper and remaining salt; rub inside and outside of chicken with remaining coconut oil., Combine leek, celery, green onions and lemon and toss lightly; loosely stuff cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. , Roast 45 minutes; add broth to pan. Continue roasting until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and at least 170° in the thigh, 45-60 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) , Pour juices from cavity into pan. Remove chicken to a serving platter; tent with foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes before removing stuffing and slicing., For gravy, pour pan juices into a large saucepan; skim off fat. Bring juices to a boil over medium heat. Add butter and flour; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add broth and wine; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Serve with chicken and, if desired, lemon slices, parsley and chives.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CURRY PASTE
This is a very simple change for a roast chicken dinner. You can even add the vegetables (carrots, potatoes, etc.) and the whole meal is ready. Please note the flavor will change with the type of curry paste you use.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Nadine
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine curry paste and olive oil in a small bowl. Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. Gently separate skin from meat over the chicken's breast and legs. Rub the cavity of the chicken with curry paste mixture and rub more curry mixture under the skin. Place onion quarters in the chicken cavity. Rub remaining paste all over chicken. Place chicken on a rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until skin is browned, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh, not touching bone, reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 2 hours.
People also searched
More recipes about "curry roast chicken"
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CURRY RUB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, lemon juice, ginger, cumin, and vegetable oil. Rub the mixture all over the chicken and under the skin. Roast the chicken in the …
CURRIED-CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PAN ROAST RECIPE - GRACE ...
2013-12-07 · Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked …
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position racks in the upper and middle thirds. In a very large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the brussels sprouts, onion wedges and 1/2 cup of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bowl, combine the cup of yogurt with the ginger, garlic, curry powder and the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through. Pour off any accumulated liquid in the pans and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve with warm naan and yogurt.
CURRIED ROAST CHICKEN | RICARDO
2019-01-03 · Cut the chicken in half. In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, oil, salt, curry powder and paprika. Place the chicken on the prepared sheet, skin side up, and rub with the spice mixture. Season with pepper. Roast …
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scatter the onion rings and herbs over the chicken and cauliflower. Add dollops of the condiments and, if desired, sprinkle with a pinch of curry powder and paprika.
LEFTOVER CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
2019-07-30 · Add the turmeric, curry powder, and flour along with the chicken, and then stir until the meat is well coated. Cook for a further two minutes or so, to cook out the taste of the flour and bring out the …
- Add the turmeric, curry powder, and flour along with the chicken, and then stir until the meat is well coated. Cook for a further two minutes or so, to cook out the taste of the flour and bring out the aroma of the spices.
- Add a little stock, and stir until you have a smooth paste. Add the rest of the stock slowly. Then add the tomato puree and stir again until well mixed.
LEFTOVER CHICKEN CURRY - MAMA LOVES TO COOK
2020-02-14 · This leftover chicken curry recipe is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken. We eat a lot of roast chicken in our house so I am always looking for leftover chicken dinner ideas and this is definitely one of my favorite leftover roast chicken recipes.
INDIAN WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN | THE CURRY GUY
2020-01-29 · When ready to cook, pre-heat your oven to it's highest setting. Place the chicken on a rack over a drip pan and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200c (400f) and continue to roast until cooked through and the juices run clear. Check for seasoning and let the chicken …
- Place all of the ingredients, except the oil and chicken of course, into a bowl and pound into a paste using a pestle and mortar. Slowly drizzle the oil into the paste, whisking continuously until you have a smooth emulsion. Cover the chicken inside and out with this marinade and allow to marinate for eight hours or over night. I carefully rubbed about half of the marinade under the skin.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your oven to it's highest setting. Place the chicken on a rack over a drip pan and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200c (400f) and continue to roast until cooked through and the juices run clear.
ROAST CHICKEN LEFTOVERS CURRY - EASY PEASY FOODIE
2015-06-24 · Home » All Recipes » Roast Chicken Leftovers Curry. All Recipes Easy Midweek Meal Ideas Main Courses Popular Recipes. Roast Chicken Leftovers Curry. 660 shares. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Delicious, quick and easy – this Roast Chicken Leftovers Curry is another great way to use up leftover roast chicken or leftover roast turkey, or indeed any leftover meat you fancy! We love a roast ...
- Put the butter and the sliced onion in a large frying pan. Put the lid on and put the pan on a really low heat to sweat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn it off if the onions start to brown but leave the lid on.
- Put the chopped sweet potato into a saucepan and pour over boiling water. Bring back to the boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- When the onions are ready add the chilli, spices, garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute on a low heat, then add the chicken, cooked sweet potatoes, tomato puree, ground almonds, yogurt and enough boiling water to make a thickish sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes, adding more water if it gets too thick.
THAI GREEN CURRY ROAST CHICKEN - THE FLAVOR BENDER
2015-03-03 · Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Mix the rest of the green curry paste with the coconut milk and cayenne pepper in the roasting dish. Add the butter as well. Place the chicken in the roasting dish (breast-side up). Cover the chicken …
- Mix 4 tbsp of butter with half of the green curry paste. Rub this paste under the skin of the chicken breast and thighs.
- Remove from the fridge and leave it at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
CURRY-ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · Set the chicken breast-side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Scatter the onion, 4 garlic cloves, tomatoes, chiles and add 1/2 cup of water. Roast for 30 minutes, until the breast is firm and …
- Preheat the oven to 425° and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. In a bowl, mix the butter with the minced garlic and Madras curry powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry. Rub half of the butter under the skin and the rest over the chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Set the chicken breast-side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Scatter the onion, 4 garlic cloves, tomatoes, chiles and add 1/2 cup of water. Roast for 30 minutes, until the breast is firm and just beginning to brown in spots. Using tongs, turn the chicken breast-down and roast for 20 minutes longer, until the skin is lightly browned.
- Using tongs, turn the chicken breast-side-up. Add another 1/2 cup of water. Roast for about 20 minutes longer, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the inner thigh registers 175° to 180°.
SPICED ROAST CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
2015-09-16 · Move the chicken to a plate. Roughly chop the onions and add to the roasting tray along with the cinnamon stick, cloves, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, then whisk in the flour. Pour in the …
- Get a roasting tray slightly bigger than the chicken, then add all of the marinade ingredients and 2 level teaspoons of sea salt and mix together well.
- Put on a pair of clean rubber gloves, then really massage those flavours over and inside the chicken so it’s smeared everywhere.
- Don’t be shy! Ideally marinate overnight in the fridge.Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and organize your shelves so the roasting tray can sit right at the bottom, the chicken can sit directly above it, right on the bars of the shelf, and the potatoes can go at the top.
CRAVING FOR SOME CHICKEN CURRY? TRY THESE 3 DELICIOUS ...
2 days ago · This is one of the most preferred chicken curries and when we think of chicken curry, butter chicken comes to mind first. Chicken is normally marinated overnight and roasted over a hot grill. These roasted chicken pieces are slowly cooked in a favorable buttery tomato and spice gravy. Your yummy and tasty butter chicken is ready. You can have it with buttered naan or roti.
1 CURRY 4 WAYS - ROAST VEGETABLES & NUTS – KETO FITNESS CLUB
2021-07-22 · Ingredients. Base recipe - You'll need this part before you carry on with the rest of the recipe. 20g Olive oil. 2 tsp Roasted Veg Blend. 100g Peppers. 200g Cauliflower/Brocoli. 50g Flaked almonds. 100g Butternut squash or Swede (I've based the carbs on swede) 100g Butter beans.
CRACKING CHICKEN CURRY RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
2020-05-11 · Cracking chicken curry recipes. By JamieOliver.com • May 11, 2020 • In Chicken, Recipe Roundup. Tikka masala, Thai green or crispy katsu, there’s nothing quite like a chicken curry for putting a smile on your face. We’ve chosen eight easy chicken curry recipes to cater for all tastes, so whether you like it hot and spicy or mild and ...
LEFTOVER CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Method. In a pestle and mortar, grind the fennel seeds and black peppercorns to a coarse powder and set aside. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry ...
ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE -METHODS ...
2019-08-08 · #6 How to serve and eat the Roasted Whole Chicken Curry Recipe. The smell of roast chicken already invades the kitchen when you realize that you have nothing to accompany your meat. Do not panic, here are some ideas for the dish to be accompanied with this delicious recipe. Potatoes with roast chicken is a safe bet! In fries, mashed potatoes, sauteed or roasted in the oven. Potatoes …
THAI-CURRY ROAST CHICKEN | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl large enough to hold the bird. Add the chicken and turn and brush to coat it with the curry paste mixture. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 4 hours, or overnight, occasionally turning and brushing with the marinade. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
CHICKEN KATSU CURRY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
This chicken katsu curry recipe is a Japanese classic, comprised of perfectly crisp breaded chicken breasts accompanied by a warming curry sauce. Surprisingly simple to make, this comforting dish can be whipped up in just 1 hour. Begin by making the curry sauce. Sweat the onion down in a small pan ...
See details ››
CURRY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - CENTERCUTCOOK
2015-12-25 · Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the chicken legs into a large oven-proof skillet. Mix half the curry paste with the oil, salt and pepper and spread over the skin of the chicken legs (just on top of the chicken). Place a lid on the pan and put in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and add in the ginger ...
See details ››
DRY CHICKEN FRY RECIPE | CHICKEN ROAST IN TAMIL | FRIED ...
See details ››
CURRY ROAST CHICKEN - TFRECIPES.COM
Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. Gently separate skin from meat over the chicken's breast and legs. Rub the cavity of the chicken with curry paste mixture and rub more curry mixture under the skin. Place onion quarters in the chicken cavity. Rub remaining paste all over chicken. Place chicken on a rack set inside a roasting pan.
See details ››
CHICKEN PANANG CURRY RECIPE - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
2021-07-23 · Once melted, add the chicken and spread it out in an even layer. Add the salt. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes before stirring, and then stir the chicken and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes more. Make a well in the center of the pot and add the onion and red bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
See details ››
RECIPE OF FAVORITE ROAST CHICKEN CURRY | ALL TIME RECIPES
2020-09-18 · Roast chicken curry Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, roast chicken curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious. Roast chicken curry is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily.
See details ››