HOMEMADE CARAMELS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE AND SEA SALT
These deliciously buttery caramels are covered with rich dark chocolate and just a touch of sea salt for an incredible combination that you will love! Store in the refrigerator.
Provided by larkspur
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine white sugar, 1/2 cup cream, light corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup cream. Cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 242 degrees (117 degrees C), or until a small amount of the caramel mixture forms a firm yet pliable ball when dropped in cold water. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour caramel mixture into baking pan. Allow to cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove baking pan from the fridge and allow caramel mixture to warm up slightly, about 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine dark and semisweet chocolate chips with shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cut caramel into 1-inch squares. Dip caramel squares in melted chocolate, shaking off excess. Place on lined baking sheet; sprinkle with sea salt. Chill until hardened, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 8.9 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 97.6 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
- Line 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil; butter foil in pan. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7-12 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 22-25 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 245°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm but pliable ball. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour hot caramel mixture into prepared pan. Cool 20 minutes. Score into 1-inch squares with tip of knife while mixture is still warm but has set on surface. Cool completely. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours for easier cutting.
- Remove candy from pan using foil; cut candy into squares. Wrap each square in waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 calories, Fat 2 grams, SaturatedFat grams, Transfat grams, Cholesterol
DARK SALTY CARAMELS
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar, water, corn syrup, and cream of tartar in a heavy 4-quart saucepan and put over high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream and soy sauce in a liquid measuring cup. Have this and the butter standing by.
- Remove the lid from the sugar mixture, and attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. When the sugar mixture reaches 230 degrees F, reduce the heat to medium and cook, without stirring, until the syrup is a golden color and is approaching 300 degrees F, about 6 to 7 minutes. At this point, there is less likelihood of any crystallization, so gently swirl the pan to break up any hot pockets.
- When the temperature approaches 350 degrees F, it will turn deep amber. Remove the pan from the heat, and gently swirl again to break up all of the hot pockets. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Carefully incorporate the cream and soy mixture and the butter into the pan. Stir to combine. Return the caramel to medium heat, stir until the butter is completely melted, and continue cooking until it reaches 255 degrees F. Remove from the heat and pour into the parchment-lined pan, tap gently to release air bubbles.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, and then sprinkle evenly with the salt. Continue cooling on the rack for an additional 3 1/2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces and wrap individually in parchment. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS
The better the quality of chocolate used in these caramels, the more delicious the result. Caramels should be individually wrapped in cellophane or waxed paper the moment they are cut or they will absorb moisture from the air and begin to ooze.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 150
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spray an 11 3/4-by-16 1/4-inch baking pan with vegetable-oil spray. Set aside in a spot where it will not be moved. In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, combine 2 cups cream, corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Clip on candy thermometer. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, 15 to 20 minutes. Wash down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water to remove any sugar crystals.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until temperature reaches 220 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes; watch so mixture doesn't boil over. Continue stirring, and add chocolate and butter; keep mixture boiling, and slowly add remaining 2 cups cream. Cook, still stirring, until temperature reaches 240 degrees (soft-ball stage), about 60 minutes, keeping mixture at a low boil.
- Without scraping pot, pour mixture into prepared pan. Let stand uncovered at room temperature for 24 hours without moving.
- To cut, spray a cutting board with vegetable-oil spray. Unmold caramel onto sprayed surface. Using a large knife, cut into 1-by-1 1/4-inch pieces or other shapes. Wrap each piece in cellophane or waxed paper.
SALTED CHOCOLATE CARAMELS
- Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch straight-sided square metal baking pan with 2 long sheets of crisscrossed parchment.
- Bring cream just to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat, then reduce heat to low and add chocolate. Let stand 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt to a boil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil, uncovered, without stirring but gently swirling pan occasionally, until sugar is deep golden, about 10 minutes. Tilt pan and carefully pour in chocolate mixture (mixture will bubble and steam vigorously). Continue to boil over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until mixture registers 255°F on thermometer, about 15 minutes. Add butter, stirring until completely melted, then immediately pour into lined baking pan (do not scrape any caramel clinging to bottom or side of saucepan). Let caramel stand 10 minutes, then sprinkle evenly with sea salt. Cool completely in pan on a rack, about 2 hours.
- Carefully invert caramel onto a clean, dry cutting board, then peel off parchment. Turn caramel salt side up. Lightly oil blade of a large heavy knife and cut into 1-inch squares.
COFFEE CARAMELS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE
- Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang; lightly spray the parchment with cooking spray. Set aside. Prepare a large heatproof bowl of cold water that will accommodate the bottom of a large heavy saucepan.
- Place the cream, granulated sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and espresso powder in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a light boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugars have dissolved and the butter is melted. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the caramel is thick and bubbling and reaches a temperature of 245 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately stir in the vanilla and salt. Cool the caramel to room temperature by placing the bottom of the pan in the prepared water bath.
- Pour the caramel into the prepared baking pan and let stand, uncovered, until set, at least 8 hours.
- Lift the caramel out of the pan using the parchment overhang, and slice into 1-inch cubes.
- To finish, dip the bottom half of each caramel into the melted chocolate. Top with cookie crumbles. Set aside until set, about 30 minutes
SALTED CARAMEL DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE BY TASTY
This smooth and creamy mousse makes a perfect date night dessert, or just a cool and refreshing chocolatey treat. Homemade salted caramel is stirred into melted chocolate, then whipped with egg whites and cream for a fluffy texture with a sweet and salty flavor. Pro-tip: Using chocolate with a higher cocoa content will result in a rich, deep chocolate flavor.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Set a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Add the chopped chocolate to the bowl, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula until completely melted, 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit until ready to use.
- Make the salted caramel: Evenly sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of a small skillet or saucepan and cook over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally, but not stirring, until it starts to turn amber brown, 10-12 minutes. Add the butter and whisk until incorporated, 1-2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Boil for 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla and flaky salt.
- Make the mousse: In a medium bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until foamy, 1-2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form, 5-6 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the heavy cream with the hand mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, 4-5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the salted caramel to the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Reserve remaining salted caramel for garnish. Add the whipped egg whites to the chocolate mixture and gently fold with a rubber spatula to combine. Once the eggs are mostly incorporated, add the whipped cream and fold until fully combined.Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours, until set.
- To serve, divide the chocolate mousse between small bowls or glasses. Garnish with more whipped cream, a drizzle of salted caramel, and shaved chocolate, if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 23 grams
More about "deep dark chocolate caramels recipes"
SALTED CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS - GARNISH & GLAZE
83 DECADENT DARK CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
SALTED CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS - INSPIRED TASTE
CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
54 RECIPES THAT PROVE CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL ARE A …
DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMELS - LEMONS AND BASIL
SALTED CARAMEL DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CARAMEL DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
21 DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPES FOR EXTRA-DECADENT CAKES ... - BON APPéTIT
DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMELS — FLOURISHING FOODIE
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CARAMELS | RICARDO
DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED SEA SALT CARAMELS RECIPE - THEKITTCHEN
CHOCOLATE CARAMELS (EASY RECIPE) - THE FLAVOR BENDER
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
40 DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO DIG INTO
BEST DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS - TOP 5 PICKS! (2020)
DARK SALTY CARAMELS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | COOKING CHANNEL
DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE
DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS WITH SEA SALT - RECIPE DIARIES
CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMELS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
DARK CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOWS - THE SPRUCE EATS
17 BEST DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT CARAMELS - LEMON BABY
DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE - DAILY DISH RECIPES
A DEEP, DARK SALTED BUTTER CARAMEL SAUCE - SMITTEN KITCHEN
DEEP, DARK CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS - MASTERCOOK
30 DELICIOUS DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE IDEAS
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED CARAMELS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMELS RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE OR SALTED VANILLA BEAN …
30 BEST DARK CHOCOLATE DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in deep dark chocolate caramels?Deep Dark Chocolate Caramels Recipe Summary test Yield: Makes about 150 Advertisement Ingredients Ingredient Checklist 4 cups heavy cream 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup 4 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 pound plus 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped in small pieces 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
What are your ratings for deep dark chocolate caramels?Deep Dark Chocolate Caramels Rating: 3.5 stars 2 Ratings 5star values:1 4star values:0 3star values:0 2star values:1 1star values:0
How do you cook caramel in a baking sheet?Allow the chocolate caramel mixture to come to a boil. Keep stirring the mixture, otherwise it may burn at the bottom. When the mixture heats up to 245 F / 118 C, pour the mixture into the lined 9 x 13 inch sheet pan. Allow the chocolate caramel to cool slightly.
How to cook caramel squares in the microwave?Directions. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 1 1/2 minutes. Cut caramel into 1-inch squares. Dip caramel squares in melted chocolate, shaking off excess. Place on lined baking sheet; sprinkle with sea salt. Chill until hardened, about 1 hour.