MUSTARD FRIED CATFISH
"I make this meal on a monthly basis," writes Barbara Keith from Faucett, MIssouri. "The fish is so delicious and flaky, and it's easy to prepare, too." If you can't find catfish, purchase orange roughy or cod instead.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread mustard over both sides of fillets; coat with cornmeal mixture., In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 31g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 579mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH
My fiancee and I love to fish for catfish and had been trying to come up with an alternative to fried fish. He came up with this FABULOUS baked catfish recipe! It was so yummy I was inspired to share it the same night! We paired it with corn on the cob and greens. If you are looking for a tasty recipe for baked fish, this is it!!
Provided by tashmaxx
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season catfish fillets with seasoned salt. Mix orange juice, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat; fry catfish in hot oil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Spread mustard sauce on both sides of each fillet; drizzle remaining sauce over fish. Arrange bell pepper, onion, and garlic over fish.
- Bake in preheated oven until fish is easily flaked with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 113.4 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 34.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 2342.3 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
ONION DIJON CRUSTED CATFISH
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion and mustard. Season the catfish fillets with garlic salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and coat with the onion and honey. Sprinkle parsley flakes over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven to broil. Broil until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 79 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 809.9 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
PECAN CRUSTED DIJON BAKED CATFISH
Simple, delicious alternative to frying catfish southern style. I was dubious about the mixture of pecans and Dijon, but it worked and produced a slightly tangy, crusty finish to the fish. If you've never tried catfish, it is a real treat. The least "fishy" fish I've ever had. My fillets were huge, so I made 1 1/2 times the topping mixture. From Southern Church Suppers
Provided by mammamia 2
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Spray baking pan with Pam or equivalent.
- Grind pecans in blender. Do not blend too long or you'll have powder.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, breadcrumbs, and pecans.
- Salt and pepper both side of fillets.
- Place rounded side up on baking pan.
- Rub 1 T of mustard on top of each fillet.
- Pat crumb mixture onto top of fillet, pressing it firmly over the mustard.
- Right before baking, spray each fillet lightly with Pam.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
BAKED CATFISH DIJON
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish.
- Salt and pepper liberally.
- cover with sliced onion and dot with butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Mix mayo, mustard, vermouth and Tabasco.
- Pour over fish and broil 2-3 minutes, until brown and bubbly.
- sprinkle parsley over top of dish.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
More about "dijon mustard baked catfish recipes"
MUSTARD & WORCHESTERSHRE BAKED CATFISH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (2)Calories 268 per servingServings 4
BAKED CATFISH RECIPE - ONE DISH HONEY MUSTARD - FOODGASM ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 205 per serving
- Combine the chopped onion and the honey-mustard and coat the filets. Season the catfish with the kosher salt and black pepper, then sprinkle them with the granulated garlic.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, and broil the fish for 2 or 3 minutes to give the onion mixture a crispy finish. Serve hot.
OVEN-FRIED CATFISH - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
BAKED CATFISH DIJON RECIPE - CAJUN COOKING RECIPES-CAJUN ...
DILLY DIJON CATFISH FILLETS | MRFOOD.COM
Category FishEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Preheat broiler to high. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place catfish fillets on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, dill, mustard, lemon juice, paprika, and pepper; mix well. Spread evenly over catfish fillets.
- Broil on center rack in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is firm in center and topping is golden. Serve immediately.
BAKED CATFISH FILLETS - CABININTHEWOODSBLOG.COM
Servings 4Total Time 48 minsCategory Fish
BAKED CATFISH DIJON - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
CHICKEN DIJON MUSTARD RECIPE - WARMESTSWEATPANTS
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH ALLRECIPES.COM | BAKED CATFISH ...
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH | RECIPE | BAKED CATFISH ...
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH | RECIPE | BAKED CATFISH ...
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH - CATFISH
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH RECIPES
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH | RECIPESTY
DIJON MUSTARD FISH RECIPES
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
RECIPE DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH - ALL RECIPES FOR COOKING
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH RECIPE
DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH - CRECIPE.COM
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: DIJON MUSTARD BAKED CATFISH
You'll also love