- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan (8-cup capacity), and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine butter, egg, and milk. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and whisk to combine; fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle top with turbinado sugar, if desired. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let bread cool 30 minutes. Invert onto rack, then immediately turn right side up to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g
GRANDMOTHER'S FAMOUS CRANBERRY BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray or grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice; stir to mix and fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.7 calories, Carbohydrate 50.5 g, Cholesterol 25.7 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 343.3 mg, Sugar 29.3 g
DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY BREAD
This was my Mothers special recipe for Cranberry bread. The best I've ever had and highly recommended! The flavors of cranberries, orange and pineapple compliment each other, and it's nice and moist. This bread continues to be a holiday tradition and family favorite.
Provided by taurusita
Yield 10 slices, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a 3/4 measuring cup, add the juice from one orange, vegetable oil and reserved juice from the can of crushed pineapple to equal 3/4 Cup.
- In a small bowl, add liquid with grated orange rind and beaten egg. Stir to combine well, then add to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to dampen dough mixture (do not over beat).
- Fold in chopped nuts, cranberries and crushed pineapple.
- Bake in a large greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- SUGGESTION: To save time, you can coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor, if you want. But be careful not to over pulse!
- NOTE: You may want to double the recipe and make 2 loaves. It goes fast!
KELSEY'S FAVORITE CRANBERRY BREAD
My granddaughter, Kelsey, and I saw this recipe and decided we needed to bake together. Kelsey and her sister, Aidan, don't like nuts so I omitted them from the original recipe and added golden raisins. -Annette Grahl, Midway, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and zest. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan., Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 349mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine orange juice, rind, egg and salad oil.
- Add all at once to dry mixture. Stir just enough to moisten.
- Add nuts and cranberries.
- Bake in greased pan, 9 x 5 inches for 50 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.9, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 21.1, Sodium 385.6, Carbohydrate 44.5, Fiber 2, Sugar 22.4, Protein 4.6
CRANBERRY TEA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil and flour an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Place in a large bowl; stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt, oil, and eggs; whisk until combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients; stir until just combined. Fold in cranberries and ginger.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out just clean, about 50 minutes. Check the loaf after 30 minutes and tent with aluminum foil if browning too quickly. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, and then run a metal spatula around edges and invert loaf onto a rack. Turn right side up to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g
More about "dorothys cranberry bread recipes"
10 BEST CRANBERRY BREAD WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES …
10 BEST CRANBERRY BREAD WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES RECIPES
GRANDMA'S CRANBERRY BREAD - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
CRANBERRY QUICK BREAD - JO COOKS
RECIPES | DOROTHY LANE MARKET
CLASSIC CRANBERRY NUT BREAD | OCEAN SPRAY®
CREAM CHEESE CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - JULIE'S EATS
RECIPES - HOMEMADE BY DOROTHY
ALL RECIPES FOR YOU: DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY BREAD
NO-KNEAD CRANBERRY BREAD - JOYOUS APRON
RECIPETHING - DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY SCONES
“CRANBERRY THANKSGIVING” BY WENDE AND HARRY DEVLIN AND MAKE …
DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY MEATBALLS - A DELICIOUS HOT HOLIDAY APPETIZER.
CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD RECIPE (DRIED CRANBERRIES) - DINNER, THEN …
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD RECIPE | DINNERS, DISHES & DESSERTS
OUR BEST CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CRANBERRY BREAD WITH ORANGE GLAZE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEST CRANBERRY BREAD EVER - FLOUR ON MY FACE
DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ORANGE GLAZED CRANBERRY BREAD - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CRANBERRY BREAD - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
CRAZY GOOD CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE | JULIE BLANNER
CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
13 BEST CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPES - DELISH
MOM'S CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CRANBERRY STREUSEL BREAD - TUTTI DOLCI
CRANBERRY BREAD WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES - BREAD DAD
DOROTHYS CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | CRANBERRY BREAD, …
CRANBERRY NUT BREAD - DAVITA
DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | CRANBERRY …
WHOLE CRANBERRY BREAD | RECIPELION.COM
DOROTHY’S CRANBERRY TURKEY | DOROTHY LYNCH
DLM CRANBERRY PECAN ARTISAN BREAD | DOROTHY LANE MARKET
GRANDMA DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY DELIGHT
CRANBERRY BREAD WITH ORANGE GLAZE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
DOROTHY'S CRANBERRY MEATBALLS | DOROTHY LYNCH
DOROTHY'S BISHOP'S BREAD | FRUITCAKE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE
SOURDOUGH CRANBERRY BREAD - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
CRANBERRY BREAD BRODY - 350
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a Cranberry Cranberry bread?In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange zest; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple. Pour into 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
What can I make with fresh cranberries?Browse popular recipes for cranberry quick breads, cranberry yeast breads, cranberry scones and muffins, with fresh or dried cranberries, complete with ratings, reviews and baking tips. This is a sweet and slightly tangy apple cider bread for breakfast, snack, or just when you need a little something...
Is cranberry bread good for the holidays?This cranberry bread is tender and moist. The first time I made it, it immediately became a favorite for the fall and winter holidays. The tart cranberries complement the sweet chocolate so well.—Jessica Hornaday, Nampa, Idaho This is one of my favorite cranberry bread recipes to serve during the holidays.
How many cranberry quick breads are there?Whether you have cranberries that are dried, fresh, frozen, or turned into sauce, you'll find a way to use them in our dozen cranberry quick breads. This cranberry orange bread is great for breakfast or a snack.