- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, stir 2 cups coconut and the condensed milk; set aside.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (two-thirds full). Top each with about 1 heaping teaspoonful coconut mixture.
- Bake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter and salt with spoon or with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Beat in coconut extract and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Immediately frost cupcakes. Dip tops of cupcakes into toasted coconut. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Cupcake, Sodium 220 mg, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 0 g
QUICK DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two 12-cup standard muffin tins with paper cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, 1 1/3 cups water, oil and eggs on medium speed until moistened and smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, stirring it occasionally to redistribute the chocolate chips. The batter will nearly fill each liner to the top. Evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the tops of the cupcakes. Bake until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- When cool, put the White Faux Buttercream out with spoons or small spatulas along with bowls of the cupcake toppings for the kids to decorate their own cupcakes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter on high speed until very soft. Meanwhile, place a large sheet of parchment paper on a work surface. Using a large sifter, sift the confectioners' sugar onto the parchment. This helps prevent clumping and makes the mixing easier. Lower the speed of the mixer and, using the parchment as a funnel, pour half the sugar into the bowl and mix slowly until combined. Add the milk and mix until combined. Once combined, add the remaining sugar with the vanilla and mix. Once it is combined, turn the mixer speed up and beat the icing until very light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. If desired, divide the icing into smaller batches and color with food coloring.
- Spread the icing on cooled cupcakes while at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftover icing, but be sure to let it come back to room temperature before using. Re-whip the icing to make it fluffy again. Makes 4 cups (enough for 24 cupcakes).
- Yield: about 8 cups, enough for at least 6 dozen cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes Ease of preparation: easy
DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES
Double-chocolate cupcakes? Yum! We thought chocolate frosting would be a bit much, so we used vanilla with toasted coconut instead.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 20 to 22 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in bowl with whisk 2 min. Cut 1/2-inch round piece from top of each cupcake, cutting halfway down into cupcake. Place pudding in piping bag with plain tip. Gently remove 1/2-inch cake piece from center of each cupcake using small round cookie cutter; discard removed cake piece. Spoon pudding into holes in tops of cupcakes.
- Spread each cupcake with frosting. Top with coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 26 g, Protein 2 g
BEST EVER COCONUT CUPCAKES
I think I got this recipe from The Neeleys, on Food Network. My daughter fell in love with the cupcakes and requested them for her 8th birthday party. This makes 2 dozen. I am not a coconut fan but love these cupcakes.
Provided by Kitchen_Kouture
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Blend all cupcake ingredients in a mixer.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together except coconut.
- Frost cupcakes and top with toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.9, Fat 25.9, SaturatedFat 16.8, Cholesterol 95.4, Sodium 375.8, Carbohydrate 64.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 52.9, Protein 4.5
I took these yummy treats to a picnic for our computer club one year, and they went like hotcakes! I should have made a double batch. With their creamy frosting and sprinkling of coconut, they appeal to kids and adults alike.-Judy Wilson, Sun City West, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Place lemon juice in measuring cup and add milk, stir to combine and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in coconut., Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and extracts until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 19g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 236mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE-COCONUT CUPCAKES
A dark chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate-coconut frosting and a bonus mini cupcake. The real surprise? It's an egg-free, dairy-free vegan recipe.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 mini and 12 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, using whisk, mix flour, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, the baking soda and salt. In medium bowl, using whisk, mix soymilk, canola oil, vinegar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture; beat with whisk until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill each mini muffin cup with 1 level measuring tablespoon batter. Divide remaining batter among regular-size muffin cups.
- Bake mini cupcakes 12 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake regular-size cupcakes 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For frosting, in large bowl, beat margarine, coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons of the water with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in 3 tablespoons cocoa and the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Gradually beat in just enough remaining water until smooth and spreadable.
- To assemble cupcake stacks, remove paper baking cups. Pipe frosting on top of 1 regular-size cupcake. Top with 1 mini cupcake; frost top of mini cupcake. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and frosting. Garnish with chocolate curls and coconut, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 66 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 280 mg, Sugar 49 g, TransFat 0 g
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CARROT CUPCAKES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter spray, carrots, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, large egg, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, coconut oil, dark cocoa powder, ground allspice, Fisher® Chef's Naturals Walnut Halves & Pieces, unsalted butter, powdered sugar, unsweetened dark cocoa powder, whole milk, vanilla extract, kosher salt, Fisher® Chef's Naturals Walnut Halves & Pieces
Provided by Fisher® Nuts
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners and grease with butter spray.
- Make the base carrot cupcake batter: In a food processor, process the carrots until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated and brown sugars, and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, beating on medium speed between each addition until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds, beating on low speed between each addition until incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute, until fluffy.
- Finish making the cupcakes according to your desired variation.
- For the Double Chocolate Carrot Cupcakes: When making the batter, add the cocoa powder and allspice to the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the carrots and finely chopped Fisher Walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way full. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate buttercream frosting: In a large bowl, whip the butter with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add half of the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and milk at a time, beating on low speed between each addition until just incorporated. Add the vanilla and salt, and mix until fully incorporated and the frosting is smooth. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To frost, place the tip of the piping bag at an angle at the edge of each cupcake and squeeze, rotating the cupcake and working toward the center, until covered in frosting. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes. Garnish each cupcake with a few Fisher Walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 35 grams
A white cake recipe with a coconut twist. I had some coconut in my fridge that needed to be used, and this is what I came up with. If you want a more intense coconut flavor, add a teaspoon or two of coconut extract. Try putting your coconut in a food processor or blender if you prefer a smoother-textured cupcake. This is the first recipe I've come up with on my own, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Provided by Jessica
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix sugar, applesauce, and butter together in a bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until medium peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly.
- Stir egg yolks and vanilla extract into applesauce mixture; fold in egg whites. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Beat coconut milk into batter until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in shredded coconut for about 30 seconds. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 41.2 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 213.2 mg, Sugar 18.6 g
VANILLA COCONUT FLOUR CUPCAKES
These vanilla cupcakes, made with coconut flour for extra fiber, are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're baking for a birthday, a bake sale, or just for fun, they're a cinch to whip up and are sure to be a hit!
Provided by King Arthur Flour
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with 10 paper cupcake liners. For guaranteed crumble-free cupcakes, grease the liners.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs. Add the milk, and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the coconut flour and baking powder. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 10 liners, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake the cupcakes on the center rack of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn them out of the pan onto a rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes with your favorite frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 111.8 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 214.4 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Linda Utter of Sidney, Montana proves you don't have to fudge on chocolate to make a light and luscious treat. Her moist cupcakes are chock-full of sweet flavor, but low in saturated fat.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 cupcakes.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg, then egg white, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the buttermilk, water, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into batter just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips., Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 221mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "double coconut cupcakes recipes"
DOUBLE COCONUT CUPCAKE - LUVMYRECIPE.COM
Servings 12Total Time 55 minsCategory Snack
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COCONUT MUFFINS - BROMA BAKERY
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES - CREME DE LA CRUMB
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH TOASTED COCONUT FROSTING L BEYOND ...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE COCONUT WHIP ...
DOUBLE-COCONUT CUPCAKES | RECIPE | COCONUT CUPCAKES ...
DOUBLE COCONUT CUPCAKES - RECIPE FLOW
HONEY'S COCONUT CUPCAKES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
DOUBLE COCONUT CUPCAKES BEST RECIPES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
15 DOUBLE COCONUT CAKE IDEAS | CAKE, CUPCAKE CAKES ...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES - COOKING WITH BOOKS
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH NUTELLA CREAM ...
DOUBLE COCONUT VANILLA CUPCAKES – DIANA BLEVINS
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT CREAM ... - DESSERT FOR TWO
DOUBLE-COCONUT CUPCAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE-COCONUT CUPCAKES - AMERICAN RECIPES
DOUBLE RAINBOW COCONUT CUPCAKES–ALL THE WAY! | BAKE IT IN ...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-COCONUT CUPCAKES
SMALL BATCH COCONUT CUPCAKES - MIGHTYNEST
DOUBLE COCONUT CUPCAKES - SPOONACULAR
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SIMPLE AT HOME RECIPES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - MARSHA'S BAKING ADDICTION
VEGAN DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - MY VEGAN MINIMALIST
ULTIMATE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - JUST SO TASTY
COCONUT CUPCAKES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cupcakes with Coconut flour and baking powder?In a separate bowl, sift together the coconut flour and baking powder. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Evenly divide the batter among the 10 liners, filling each 3/4 full. Bake the cupcakes on the center rack of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
What is the best recipe to make a coconut cake?Beat together the oil, sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs. Add the milk, and whisk until smooth. In a separate bowl, sift together the coconut flour and baking powder. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
How do you make light cupcakes with coconut milk?With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients, followed by the coconut milk, and beat until combined. Add the other half of the dry ingredients and beat only until combined. Do not over mix—the less you mix, the lighter the cupcakes will be.
What is the best way to bake coconut cream cheese cupcakes?Delicate coconut cupcakes topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting and sweetened shredded coconut. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.