funny name for a boiled pudding from the caribbean that is reminiscent of tamales dulces. posted for zwt, untried by me. adapted from "around the world in 450 recipes".
Time: 75 minutes
- place the cornmeal in a large bowl
- in a food processor or blender , process the coconut and milk until smooth
- stir the coconut mixture into the cornmeal , then add all the remaining ingredients and stir well
- fold six pieces of foil into 5" x6" pockets , leaving one short side open
- fold all other edges tightly to ensure that they are well-sealed
- put one or two large spoonfuls of the mixture in each pocket , and fold the edge over to seal tightly
- bring a large pot of water to a boil
- place the sealed foil packets into the boiling water , cover and reduce to a simmer
- simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- remove the packets from the water , remove the foil , and serve the duckanoo by themselves , or with sweetened whipped cream
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- fresh coconut
- whole milk
- raw sugar
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
Funny name for a boiled pudding from the Caribbean that is reminiscent of tamales dulces. Posted for ZWT, untried by me. Adapted from "Around the World in 450 Recipes".
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Muffin Goddess
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Place the cornmeal in a large bowl. In a food processor or blender, process the coconut and milk until smooth. Stir the coconut mixture into the cornmeal, then add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Fold six pieces of foil into 5" x6" pockets, leaving one short side open. Fold all other edges tightly to ensure that they are well-sealed.
- Put one or two large spoonfuls of the mixture in each pocket, and fold the edge over to seal tightly.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the sealed foil packets into the boiling water, cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the packets from the water, remove the foil, and serve the duckanoo by themselves, or with sweetened whipped cream.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 3 cups fine cornmeal
- 12 ounces fresh coconut, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup raisins (either golden or dark)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (such as Sugar in The Raw)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- freshly whipped sweetened cream (optional, for serving)
I made this last year out of the blue, and my whole family enjoyed it. We had never had duck before, and it was a nice exchange for the traditional turkey. We served it with all the usual side dishes.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Rhonda Brock Fuller
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan.
- Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup melted butter over bird, and continue cooking for 45 more minutes. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over duck, and cook for 15 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 pound) whole duck
- ½ cup melted butter
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Unwrap the ducks and allow them to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. With a fork, prick the skin without piercing the meat. This will allow the fat to drain off while the ducks cook.
- Meanwhile, in a very large stock pot which can hold the 2 ducks, heat the chicken broth with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt until it boils. Add the ducks very carefully and bring the stock back to a boil. If there isn't enough stock to cover the ducks, add the hottest tap water to cover. If the ducks float to the top, place a plate on top to keep them immersed. When the stock comes back to a boil, lower the heat and simmer the ducks in the stock for 45 minutes.
- When the ducks are finished simmering, skim off enough duck fat from the top of the stock to pour a film on the bottom of a 14 by 18 by 3-inch roasting pan. This will keep the ducks from sticking when they roast. Carefully take the ducks out of the stock, holding them over the pot to drain. Place them in the roasting pan, pat the skin dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. If you have time, allow the ducks to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the skin to dry.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. (Be sure your oven is very clean or it will smoke!) Roast the ducks for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest, covered with aluminum foil, for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 2 (5 to 5 1/2 pounds each) ducks, innards and wing tips removed
- 6 quarts chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
More recipes about duckanoo recipes
Recipe Duckunoo - Grace
Recipe From : gracefoods.comDuckunoo Directions In a bowl, combine Grace Cornmeal, flour, raisins (if used) nutmeg and salt. Make a well in the center. Combine sugar, vanilla and Grace Coconut Milk, and mix well until dissolved. ...Show details
Jamaican Blue Draws - Healthier Steps
Recipe From : healthiersteps.comSep 09, 2019 · Jamaican Blue Draws Ingredients. Cornmeal – The base for most blue draws recipes. Fine-medium ground cornmeal works best. All-purpose gluten-free … ...Show details
Duckunoo | Recipes Wiki | Fandom
Recipe From : recipes.fandom.comDirections In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt. In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, molasses, vanilla extract, and raisins. Add coconut milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir well. ...Show details
Jamaican Duckunoo (Blue Draws or Tie-A-Leaf)
Recipe From : my-island-jamaica.comBlue Draws,Duckunoo or Tie-A-Leaf are the names that are given to this boiled pudding, which orginanated in West Africa. This sweet treat is a starchy, green banana-based boiled pudding, which is predominantly enjoyed as a dessert. ...Show details
Jamaican Blue Draws Recipe - Home - Jamaicans.com
Recipe From : jamaicans.comMar 14, 2004 · Blue Draws is one of my Jamaican desserts. While growing up in the country (Clarendon) I remember my mother making blue draws on special occasions. … ...Show details
A Delicious Belizean Dish: Dukunu | Dukunu Belizean recipe
Recipe From : belizehub.comOne of the signature dishes you'll find in Belize is dukunu. Pronounced doo-koo-noo, this is Belize's local version of Mexican tamales. ...Show details
10 Most Popular Jamaican Desserts - TasteAtlas
Recipe From : tasteatlas.comJan 13, 2021 · Duckanoo is a boiled Caribbean pudding consisting of cornmeal, grated coconut, and brown sugar with the addition of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, butter, and raisins. This sweet treat is mostly consumed as a snack or dessert. ...Show details
14 Favorite Duck Recipes for Special Dinners | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comOct 22, 2020 · "This recipe uses duck legs, which makes a particularly rich and satisfying adobo," says Chef John. Brown the duck before sautéing onions and garlic with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and crushed chilies! This technique works equally well with any stewing or braising meat -- duck legs, chicken thighs, pork chops. ...Show details
Duckanoos recipe - All recipes UK
Recipe From : allrecipes.co.ukMelt the margarine. Blend together the milk and coconut, then mix in the flour. Mix everything together. Make some foil into 5" by 6" packets. Seal all sides except one short one on each packet. ...Show details
MENU | Duckanoo Sports Grill
Recipe From : duckanoo.comFlavors: Lemon Pepper, Honey Barbecue, Duckanoo House sauce, and Jerk Celery and homemade ranch dipping sauce. Jerk Chicken Flat Bread. 9. Jerk spice marinate, roasted peppers and shredded cheese. Shrimp Quesadilla. 9. Flour tortillas filled with Shrimp, mixed cheeses, peppers, onions, grilled to perfection, served with sour cream and guacamole. ...Show details
Recipe Jamaican duckanoo cakes Jamaica
Recipe From : easyvoyage.co.ukPreheat the oven to 180°C. In a large bowl mix the flours, yeast and coconut. While mixing, slowly add the milk and then the vanilla until a homogenous mixture is achieved. Add the sugar, raisins, nutmeg, cinnamon and mix once again. ...Show details
Jamaican Blue Drawers or Duckunoo - Taste the Islands
Recipe From : tastetheislandstv.comJan 31, 2016 · INSTRUCTIONS. Peel and grate green bananas and boniatos. Mix bananas, boniatos, flour, baking powder, salt, and cooking oil in a large bowl. Warm the coconut milk in a saucepan on low heat, then add brown sugar and vanilla. ...Show details
Jamaican Recipes and more (Yuh Betta Can Cook!): Jamaican
Recipe From : jamaicanrecipes.blogspot.comApr 09, 2014 · Blend all dry ingredients and grated coconut thoroughly. Mix together coconut/skimmed milk, molasses and vanilla. Add mixture to dry ingredients stirring briskly Place 1/2 or 1 cup of the mixture into quailed banana leaves or aluminium foil; wrap, gift wrap style and tie with twine or banana bark. ...Show details
Duckanoo jamaica - JungleKey.com Web
Recipe From : junglekey.comDuckanoo 1 pound cornmeal 2 ounces flour 1/2 pound sugar or brown sugar 1/2 cup grated coconut 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon allspice 1 teaspoon molasses Duckanoo - … ...Show details
Jamaican Recipes and more (Yuh Betta Can Cook!): Jamaican
Recipe From : pinterest.comJamaican Tie-A-Leaf (aka Duckanoo or Blue Drawers) Serves 4-6 Ingredients 1 lb. cornmeal 2 ounces flour 1/2 lb. sugar 1/2 cup grated coconut 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. mixed spice 1 tsp. salt 1 tbsp. molasses 2 tsps. vanilla 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or skimmed milk Method Blend all dry ingredients and grated coconut thoroughly. ...Show details
Jamaican Duckanoo | Jamaican desserts, Jamaican recipes
Recipe From : pinterest.comAug 5, 2013 - Jamaican Duckanoo Ingredients 1 cup Stone ground yellow cornmeal 1/2 cup All purpose flour 2 cups Coconut milk 1/2 cup Dark brow... ...Show details
【公式】 エビ 万力 バーハンドル強力型 600mm×120mm …
Recipe From : dukunoojamaicankitchen.comヤマハ マリーン New OEM ブラック PWC ストレージ カバー クルーザー Waverunner MWV-CVRVX-CR-18 (海外取寄せ品) ...Show details
HOW TO MAKE JAMAICAN BLUE DRAWS DUKUNU RECIPE …
Recipe From : youtube.comHello my goooooodies how you like this recipe. Be sure to subscribe here to our YouTube Channel and let us know what you would like to see me cooking next MY... ...Show details
Roast Duck Recipe - Julia's Album
Recipe From : juliasalbum.comOct 24, 2015 · Perfect holiday main dish recipe or something you can make any time for a special occasion. It’s a great looking dish – perfect for any special occasion, and with the holidays coming up, this roast duck will look great on any Thanksgiving dinner menu, or as a … ...Show details
Jamaican Recipes Cookbook [PDF] Download Full – PDF Read
Recipe From : readbookpage.comFrom jerk chicken, beef and pork to pawpaw and duckanoo, the recipes of Jamaica are as interesting to say as they are to devour. The cuisine of the country was influenced by many immigrants from Europe, Asia and Africa, and the original inhabitants of Jamaica, the Arawak's. The result of all these influences is nourishing, spicy foods with a ... ...Show details
Honey Roast Duck Recipe - House of Nash Eats
Recipe From : houseofnasheats.comAug 27, 2020 · THIS recipe is great for walking through the essentials. I agree, its best not to over do the duck. For the stuffing, I used an apple, onion and garlic, but instead of Rosemary, I poured in 1/4 cup of Sesame Teriyaki Marinade & sauce and rolled it … ...Show details
I Love Marcia's Blue Drawers
Recipe From : mysilversands.comDuckanoo is no doubt derived from the Ashanti word, dokono, which means boiled maize-bread. Isn't part of the travel experience trying new things in the place you visit? While I can testify that Marcia's blue drawers were scrumptious, I am sure many of the cooks in other Silver Sands villas can also make a very good version of this Jamaican ... ...Show details
Duck Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comLearn how to prepare this meat perfectly for a restaurant-quality dish at home. Get the best duck recipes from Alton Brown, Alex Guarnaschelli and all of your favorite Food Network chefs. ...Show details
Duckanoo - Wikipedia
Recipe From : en.wikipedia.orgDuckunoo or duckanoo, also referred to as tie-a-leaf and blue drawers (draws), called Dokonon (in French Guiana), is a dessert in Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, French Guiana and some other Lesser Antilles.It is a variation on the dish ducana which originated in Africa. The Caribbean cuisine dish is made from batata, sweet potato, coconut, spices and brown sugar, all tied up in a ... ...Show details